Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
Draft Comp rules:

With us using picks 13, 34 and 54 (I won't bother with the Rookie Picks or PSD)
You may select six players in the draft pool that you think may be picked up by us - four "standard" players, and two "reserves". These will be explained further in the 'Scoring' section of this thread.

Note: You do not choose players in any particular order - for example, you may choose:
Hugh Goddard
Jayden Laverde
Tyler Keitel
Jesse Watchman*

Reserves:
Matthew Hammelmann
Ricky Cary

Lamb Roast#15

Scoring:
Normal scoring:
Standard player taken at pick #13: 10 points
Standard player taken at pick #34: 15 points
Standard player taken at pick #54: 20 points
Standard player taken at pick #68: 25 points

Reserve
Reserve player taken at pick #13: 5 points
Reserve player taken at pick #34: 8 points
Reserve player taken at pick #54: 10 points
Standard player taken at pick #68: 15 points

Losing points:
Moo Award - you chose someone with over 5% body fat and he wasn't selected = -5 points
No more flankers - you chose someone who plays on flank and he wasn't selected = -5 points
The "Eagles" Award - one of your players was taken by the Eagles, he is obviously a spud = -6 points

Double your points:
Mark one player with an asterisk. If this player is drafted by the Dockers, you receive double what you normally would have for that player.
NOTE: You receive two times the amount - this includes negatives!

Lamb Roast - Guess which club lands Tom Lamb and at which pick - 5 points

Further information:
-If you do not list both first and last names, you will receive no points.
-You may completely edit (and I mean edit, not re-post - your first post will be taken as your final answer) your choices up until 12:01am on Thursday 20th of November.
-Winner receives a traditional Japanese serenade from Bushie.

If unsure of who you would like pick, you need to spend more time on here.

Good luck.

(My picks are as above - please excuse the plagiarism)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we have one on the go this year? Soz if we do, but I couldn't see it. Happy for someone else to post the usual rules as I can't be arsed, but here's my picks FWIW:
13 - Jordan De Goey - Doesn't really fill a need, but I reckon we'll go best available again and FWIW he looks a terrific prospect. Terrific overhead for his size, well balanced and an excellent decision maker.
34 - Tyler Keitel - Have mentioned in other threads that I really rate this guy. Reminds me a bit of Johnno. Real competitor albeit a bit awkward looking.
54 - Ricky Cary - Skinny as a rake, but hard at it for his build. Very good overhead and at ground level (for someone at 196cm). Has a nice accurate set shot on him. At 23 he is ready made and would give us more than Tabs up forward IMO.

Anyway, no science to it, just a few ideas. Wouldn't be disappointed if it fell that way TBH.

Here are last years rules from last year,
we just need a replacement for the safari hunt.

Let me know if you think of anything or have any new rules to add.

Rules:
With us likely to use picks 17,37 and 58 (I won't bother with the Rookie Picks or PSD)
You may select six players in the draft pool that you think may be picked up by us - four "standard" players, and two "reserves". These will be explained further in the 'Scoring' section of this thread.

Note: You do not choose players in any particular order - for example, you may choose:
Cameron McCarthy
Cameron Giles
Nick Robertson
Mitch Thorp*

Reserves
Jonathon Marsh
Cameron Conlon

Safari Hunt#32

Scoring:
Normal scoring:
Standard player taken at pick #17: 10 points
Standard player taken at pick #37: 15 points
Standard player taken at pick #58: 20 points

Reserve
Reserve player taken at pick #17: 5 points
Reserve player taken at pick #37: 8 points
Reserve player taken at pick #58: 10 points

Losing points:
Moo Award - you chose someone with over 5% body fat and he wasn't selected = -5 points
No more flankers - you chose someone who plays on flank and he wasn't selected = -5 points
The "Eagles" Award - one of your players was taken by the Eagles, he is obviously a spud = -6 points

Double your points:
Mark one player with an asterisk. If this player is drafted by the Dockers, you receive double what you normally would have for that player.

Safari Hunt - Guess which club lands Michael Apeness and at which pick - 5 points

Further information:
-You may completely edit (and I mean edit, not re-post - your first post will be taken as your final answer) your choices up until 12:01am on Thursday the 21st of November.
-Winner receives a once in a lifetime jar of nothing.

If unsure of who you would like pick, please look down at the links to two phantom drafts by Chris25 and Knightmare .

Last edited:

Here are last years rules.

Rules:
With us likely to use picks 17,37 and 58 (I won't bother with the Rookie Picks or PSD)

Cameron McCarthy
Cameron Giles
Nick Robertson
Mitch Thorp*

Reserves
Jonathon Marsh
Cameron Conlon

Safari Hunt#32

Scoring:
Normal scoring:
Standard player taken at pick #17: 10 points
Standard player taken at pick #37: 15 points
Standard player taken at pick #58: 20 points

Reserve
Reserve player taken at pick #17: 5 points
Reserve player taken at pick #37: 8 points
Reserve player taken at pick #58: 10 points

Losing points:

Double your points:

Safari Hunt - Guess which club lands Michael Apeness and at which pick - 5 points

Further information:
-You may completely edit (and I mean edit, not re-post - your first post will be taken as your final answer) your choices up until 12:01am on Thursday the 21st of November.
-Winner receives a once in a lifetime jar of nothing.

If unsure of who you would like pick, please look down at the links to two phantom drafts by Chris25 and Knightmare .
This game was a lot of fun last year. Same rules would be great, just need to think of a new safari hunt player.

Here are last years rules from last year,
we just need a replacement for the safari hunt.

Let me know if you think of anything or have any new rules to add.

Thanks for that. I'll give you the honour of identifying the Safari Hunt replacement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon predicting where Caleb Daniel would go would be much more difficult, if he gets drafted at all.

Standard:
Blaine Boekhorst
Clem Smith
Dan Howe
Jake Lever*
Reserves:
Josh Glenn
Jordan Cunico

:rainbow: #46
Lamb Roast: #20

Last edited:
Would you like me to change Rainbow to Lamb Roast?

No that is fine. Now I need to research who this rainbow dude is.

I just had a look on the mock drafts, but he currently isn't being selected in either draft. (Chris25 or Knightmare's) jedi mind tricks - Should we go with somebody else?

You don't want somebody who won't get picked.

Last edited:
No that is fine. Now I need to research who this rainbow dude is.

I just had a look on the mock drafts, but he currently isn't being selected in either draft. (Chris25 or Knightmare's) jedi mind tricks - Should we go with somebody else?

You don't want somebody who won't get picked.

Yeah both haven't selected him but the AFL phantom draft have him as a later pick 50 + so probably best to go for Lamb Roast.

Picks:

Peter Wright
Hugh Goddard
Mitch McGovern*
Connor Blakely

Ressies:

Clem Smith
Reece McKenzie

Delicious Lamb Roast:

Pick 30 - Collingwood

Jake (the snake ) Lever
Brendon ( the fugitive ) Abbott *