News New Jumpers for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love St Kilda's clash kit. I thought it looked terrific in Round 5 when it featured the players' names.

Hopefully the home jumper goes back to the white collar and cuffs.

I love St Kilda's clash kit. I thought it looked terrific in Round 5 when it featured the players' names.

Hopefully the home jumper goes back to the white collar and cuffs.
There seems to be so much love for the white collor and cuff design. I really like the black style, but can't stand the design of ISC collars that they've had for the last couple of years. Hopefully BLK can fix that up!

I think the gold's coming from this
City_of_Greater_Geelong_Logo.jpg

I feel like the gold muddies the waters of Geelong's branding a little bit. They are probably one of the strongest branded clubs in the league. Adding pointless tertiary merchandise colours doesn't really help that

I really like that whiter polo. The gold looks awesome on that.
So do I. It looks really nice. In fact both polos do. Not sure how I would feel if I were a Geelong supporter though, having gold mixed into the colours.

I hope this is a Geelong thing and not an ISC thing because this is what we'll have to look forward to.
Surely it's just a Geelong thing. Didn't some other team use a twitter handle on their warm up tops before? I swear I have seen it elsewhere.

Anyway is it just Port, Geelong and Fremantle with ISC now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 4 best branded clubs in the league
To play the Devil's Advocate, it could be argued that Port is not that well branded. They are a club torn in two, with their SANFL side holding on to their heritage and the AFL side being bound by the president (or CEO, whatever it is) of yet another club. They are only well branded when considered together, which not everyone is even aware of.

To play the Devil's Advocate, it could be argued that Port is not that well branded. They are a club torn in two, with their SANFL side holding on to their heritage and the AFL side being bound by the president (or CEO, whatever it is) of yet another club. They are only well branded when considered together, which not everyone is even aware of.
The club holds both team's heritage and history. What is this 'president of yet another club' that you're talking about? Both teams fall under the same admin.

I'm pretty sure people are all aware of the two teams being of the one club, it is just the nuts who see it but feel the need to classify them as seperate out of blind hatred and or lack of intelligence.

I'd agree if it were 2008. We're well past that now with oneclub etc
A motto and a tagline is all very well and good, but unfortunately, one line does not a club make. The whole image of the team is what defines and makes the brand. In states other than SA and away from BigFooty, people may not realise that the two Port sides are actually one

Eddie. Im not actually sure what his title is
Bound to Eddie? What am I reading?
A motto and a tagline is all very well and good, but unfortunately, one line does not a club make. The whole image of the team is what defines and makes the brand. In states other than SA and away from BigFooty, people may not realise that the two Port sides are actually one
I'm not sure why people recognising that the SANFL Port Adelaide side is a part of the same club admin wise and as a reserves team to the AFL side matters with branding? Your posts are just speculative anyway, how could you know that people don't know that Port Magpies/Power are the same club?

Bound to Eddie? What am I reading?

I'm not sure why people recognising that the SANFL Port Adelaide side is a part of the same club admin wise and as a reserves team to the AFL side matters with branding? Your posts are just speculative anyway, how could you know that people don't know that Port Magpies/Power are the same club?
Exactly. The whole thing is theoretical, speculative. The branding of Port Adelaide as one club is (as speculation) held back by the acts of Eddie Macguire, as he does not allow Port to have their full history in all leagues that the club plays in.

Im all for Port being one club, and I agree its branding is wonderful, I was merely trying to raise conversation by throwing ideas out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back