Preview National Draft discussion (Picks 14, 35, 43, 58)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, we always seem to go against popular opinion and always end up picking someone who is not considered around our pick so this McKenzie suggestion would not surprise me. One thing we are lacking going forward is a contested marking forward. I thought Pods provided that last season but there is no one on the list capable of providing that going forward.

If the recruiting guys believe that McKenzie can play that role for us going forward and they think he is a good prospect, I would not be surprised if we pick him. Especially if he has the ability to pinch hit in the ruck and give Sauce a bit of a breather. I am not going to question our recruiting team's ability to judge talent. They have done a fantastic job in the last few years! If they think he is our man, then I will back their judgement! Those are some good hands in marking contests.

The thing is, we always seem to go against popular opinion and always end up picking someone who is not considered around our pick so this McKenzie suggestion would not surprise me. One thing we are lacking going forward is a contested marking forward. I thought Pods provided that last season but there is no one on the list capable of providing that going forward.

If the recruiting guys believe that McKenzie can play that role for us going forward and they think he is a good prospect, I would not be surprised if we pick him. Especially if he has the ability to pinch hit in the ruck and give Sauce a bit of a breather. I am not going to question our recruiting team's ability to judge talent. They have done a fantastic job in the last few years! If they think he is our man, then I will back their judgement! Those are some good hands in marking contests.
The plan could be to draft McKenzie this year - spend the year working on his endurance and athleticism. The at the end of 2015 trade Jenkins for Davis.
We replace Jenkins and Pods with McKenzie and shore up our backlines as well.
Could work.

The plan could be to draft McKenzie this year - spend the year working on his endurance and athleticism. The at the end of 2015 trade Jenkins for Davis.
Could work.
Or we could simply be looking for McKenzie to add to Walker-Jenkins duo to replace Pods.

As much as I would love to get Davis back, lets just wait until/if he says he wants back to Adelaide.

Could work.
Why would we want to do anything with JJ except continue to develop him?

He is a beauty, and is only getting better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a pic of Viojo-Rainbow in action:

iced_vo_vo_1.JPG

Sweet and interesting.

210g, he's gonna have to put on some weight to play.

He's the wrong shape for Full Forward.

Already suited up for Women's Round.

With a paint job that rosella could be a crow.

I prefer a Miced Volvo myself...

MicedVolvo.png

14= Reece McKenzie/ Hugh Goddard
35= Keenan Ramsey/Brayden Maynard
43=Nick Mellington/Sam Tagliabue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

14= Reece McKenzie/ Hugh Goddard
35= Keenan Ramsey/Brayden Maynard
43=Nick Mellington/Sam Tagliabue
How likely is Keenan Ramsey being drafted? My GF works with his parents and they're worried teams will overlook him because of the one eye thing. I said some teams might have issues with it, but that theres probably no chance he misses completely. I think they were just extra worried because Port have so few picks this year.

How likely is Keenan Ramsey being drafted? My GF works with his parents and they're worried teams will overlook him because of the one eye thing. I said some teams might have issues with it, but that theres probably no chance he misses completely. I think they were just extra worried because Port have so few picks this year.

It appears the one eye thing has not been a factor so far. Will it be a factor at the increased speed of the game at AFL level? Maybe. I admire the fact that he's gotten to where he has with a significant challenge.

Did we ever pick up any much needed speed?

We have been asking for some outside pace for a few years now, did we add any? i can not remember.

Did we ever pick up any much needed speed?

We have been asking for some outside pace for a few years now, did we add any? i can not remember.
Not easy when we haven't been in the first two rounds in the draft during that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back