Social Off Topic Thread - House of Dastardly Crax

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw- here are my stats for the morning.

Arrived Highpoint: 9am. -to a near empty car park-
Departed Highpoint: 10.20am.

And that, my friends, is how you get s**t DONE.

Oh and also went to DFO after this, got a mask, in another half an hour, got home 11am.
Well done! I'm in awe of your shopping efficiency!

Oh and also went to DFO after this, got a mask, in another half an hour, got home 11am.
You can't be female if that's how you do it.

82187_f9c8c26d0421b74bf9f1b9a39ee29ecd.jpg

Gee you work fast :thumbsu:

My day:
Arrived at Chadstone 9:30am and got a park underground near the entrance.
Departed 4:15pm

I'm worn out
yawn-stretch.gif

Hopefully you weren't just there to buy a pair of pants, bots!! ;)

Love the little emoticon. Is it yours or a new BF one?
Lol if that were the case I'd have left at 9:40am. :D When you go shopping with your mother you have to expect to be there for the long haul :p

The emoticon is something I found through Google because Chief's emoticons are limited so I search for ones that i need. I'm trying to put more effort into my posts.

Oh no- how sad. The poor man! :(
Was just talking about bushfires in Vic last night. My bro used to be in the local fire brigade and was sent North in the mid-2000s and I couldn't remember what year it was.
Yes, it's terrible. By all reports, he was a selfless community man, a Country Fire Service volunteer who was trying to put out his neighbours' fire and who is now tragically survived by a wife and two children.

Oh btw guys, that shop Sheike- well turned out not so great. The dresses just didnt fit right- lets just say they are made for women with A or B cup boobs :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, I hot footed it over to Forcast after my dismal failure there, and got the pink dress:

15575.jpg

Have got a black lace mask to go with it, and will wear black shoes.

AND bonus, I found this navy dress there, I tried on yonks ago, but didnt want to pay full price for it at the time. Was 30% off. :)
*Wolf whistles*

Bottom of the Fleurieu Peninsula south of Adelaide, down near the mouth of the Murray. Quiet, wineries, sun, just chillin' with the Mrs.

After having spent a few days in Perth earlier this week my circadian rhythms are out of whack at the moment.
Enjoy your time buddy. It's a nice spot down there. If you can, get over to Langhorne Creek and check out Bremerton Wines. They have some of the best reds for the budget-conscious person. It's also a great place for a nice lunch.

Last edited:
Lol if that were the case I'd have left at 9:40am. :D When you go shopping with your mother you have to expect to be there for the long haul :p

The emoticon is something I found through Google because Chief's emoticons are limited so I search for ones that i need. I'm trying to put more effort into my posts.
I hope your Mum enjoyed Chadstone- and that she managed to find all the things she can't get back home.
Isn't she happy just shopping at The Plaza? ;)

And btw, I appreciate your extra effort with the cute emoticon. :D

Yes, it's terrible. By all reports, he was a selfless community man, a Country Fire Service volunteer who was trying to put out his neighbours' fire and who is now tragically survived by a wife and two children.
Poor bugger. I hope the CFA - or whoever runs his particular branch - looks after the family. It's never enough, and obviously they'd rather have their hubby/father, but it must help a little.

Enjoy your time buddy. It's a nice spot down there. If you can, get over to Langhorne Creek and check out Bremerton Wines. They have some of the best reds for the budget-conscious person. It's also a great place for a nice lunch.
Will do. Went to Victor Harbour and Horseshoe Bay today which was great with the wind. We'll go back there for a good look later in the week. Langhorne Ck sounds fine. I'll let you know. Just settling down to watch a fave - Me, myself and Irene.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will do. Went to Victor Harbour and Horseshoe Bay today which was great with the wind. We'll go back there for a good look later in the week. Langhorne Ck sounds fine. I'll let you know. Just settling down to watch a fave - Me, myself and Irene.
My auntie and uncle always used to holiday at Victor Harbour. Said it was a lovely, relaxing holiday there. (they used to take their caravan down) I've not been there, though- sounds like a place you'd recommend?

Good work, Shell!
What's the old saying, "Cheaper dresses come to she who waits" or something? ;)

Yeah I know!!! Amazing I could find a size 10 on sale too, usually they are all gone. It's the very small sizes and very large sizes still there.

Gee you work fast :thumbsu:

My day:
Arrived at Chadstone 9:30am and got a park underground near the entrance.
Departed 4:15pm

I'm worn out
yawn-stretch.gif

Hahahaha, well I was going to just wander around a bit more, have breakfast/brunch, but just couldn't be arsed. So instead went over to DFO, got a hot dog from the BBQ outside JB, after I went to Spotlight.

What damage did you do at Chaddy?

Yeah I know!!! Amazing I could find a size 10 on sale too, usually they are all gone. It's the very small sizes and very large sizes still there.
Yeah- that's annoying and it applies to all clothes. I know they'd order much less of the sizes at the extremes of what's manufactured. Things would be different in areas where there are heaps of little Asians - all the tiny sizes would be gone (but they'd have ordered many more because they'd know what sells, I guess). Conversely in areas where there are much bigger women, I'd expect the bigger sizes to be all sold out. If you wanted something and had the demographics figured out, you could target your preferred shopping centre. ;) Most shops will do a ring around for you anyway, to see if something's still in stock at another store. Provided the shop isn't so exclusive that they only have the one outlet, that is. ;)

Could retire there easily.
Victor Harbour is one big retirement village. It's ironic then that Victor also hosts 'Schoolies', with over 10,000 SA school-leavers (and the odd toolie) partying there for multiple days.

It is a great spot though. Did you go over to Granite Island?

My auntie and uncle always used to holiday at Victor Harbour. Said it was a lovely, relaxing holiday there. (they used to take their caravan down) I've not been there, though- sounds like a place you'd recommend?
It's a popular spot for families to head down for the day. It's only about 70 km from Adelaide (CBD). There's a lot to see and do for the whole family. It's very picturesque and it's very close to SA's best surf beaches.

Hahahaha, well I was going to just wander around a bit more, have breakfast/brunch, but just couldn't be arsed. So instead went over to DFO, got a hot dog from the BBQ outside JB, after I went to Spotlight.

What damage did you do at Chaddy?
Well I had two coffees and eggs benedict for breakfast (that lasted me until about dinner time), I bought several new polos from Ben Sherman, Super Dry and Rodd and Gunn, Mum bought my sister an Oroton 1938 medium barrel bag.
oroton.png
(in that colour)
She also bought some facial and hand cream (can't remember but I think one was a salt scrub) and some new towels from Sheridan. And lastly I paid $25 for a 2015 Newfy calendar :$ I just couldn't resist after seeing what was on the cover:
Newfoundland-2015-Wall-Calendar-Pet-Prints-MegaCalendars-9781782082149-Front2.jpg

Victor Harbour is one big retirement village. It's ironic then that Victor also hosts 'Schoolies', with over 10,000 SA school-leavers (and the odd toolie) partying there for multiple days.

It is a great spot though. Did you go over to Granite Island?
Will be doing that later in the week. Looks like a good walk with the Clydies and all.

Adelaide tomorrow. Though I work there every now and then don't get to look around much. First stop Allans Music for a couple of hours to try everything out then say "no thanks" and leave. Will have to park the Mrs somewhere though. DJ's. Haigh. Maybe Hahndorf this arvo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back