No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cymarak

Go Gators !
Aug 7, 2009
Over it. All of it.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
49ers, Gators
It's interesting to think about how things might have panned out differently if the ASADA investigation - and the resulting tribunal cases - had been completed before the AFL decided to smash us for governance.

If we ended up being cleared by the ASADA investigation / tribunal, it would have made the AFL's job of selling the governance penalties quite a bit harder (the AFL may have had to reduce or abandon some of the penalties).

cymarak

Go Gators !
Aug 7, 2009
Over it. All of it.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
49ers, Gators
It occurs to me that we all might be overstating what it is ASADA has done to this point because of the fact that it is so front and centre of public view.

Just imagine for a sec (and this will give you a giggle trust me) that this ENTIRE DEBACLE had actually occurred behind closed doors - which in reality is exactly what should have happened.

ASADA investigates, and presents findings of a POSSIBLE ADRV to the appropriate panel - that is their role.

In private, it doesn't really matter if they have a strong or weak case - what matters to them is the possibility, which they present to an ADRVP / Tribunal.

I think the public nature of these events has skewed the idea that ASADA should have a slam dunk case in order to proceed.
I tend to agree - it's not ASADA's conduct per se that is the main problem, it's the fact that everyone has leaked like a sieve, and so we've copped a smashing in the media and from the AFL even before ASADA's case has been tested.

So if ASADA's case ends up being weak, it's hard to justify what we've copped in the last 18 months +.

I tend to agree - it's not ASADA's conduct per se that is the problem, it's the fact that everyone has leaked like a sieve, and so we've copped a smashing in the media and from the AFL even before ASADA's case has been tested.

So if ASADA's case ends up being weak, it's hard to justify what we've copped in the last 18 months +.

Based on what I've seen, ASADAs case is incredibly weak. And because of the public nature of this particular disaster they probably should have changed tact and realised they needed a strong case to progress.

(Qualifier, they may have a strong case - its just what I've seen says they have s**t basically).

It's interesting to think about how things might have panned out differently if the ASADA investigation - and the resulting tribunal cases - had been completed before the AFL decided to smash us for governance.

If we ended up being cleared by the ASADA investigation / tribunal, it would have made the AFL's job of selling the governance penalties quite a bit harder (the AFL may have had to reduce or abandon some of the penalties).

Things would have worked out much better if ASADA hadn't dragged their feet so much.

60sbomber

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2011
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
Widely rumoured in legal circles that the internal legal team at ASADA were not keen.. hence why no action under AA..

Then Government gets involved.. appoints ex-Judge.. who finds that they should 'go ahead'... widely rumoured this wasn't considered ideal.. then took 3 more months to get something close to a case together (witness statements/ SCN wording etc) and then needed the appointment of McDumbass to be stupid enough to put his face to this charade..

So not sure if the media has reported it or not.. but legal fraternity is pretty small tbh especially in these matters.. so it is what it is.

You can add to that the fact that the interim report actually said there was not enough evidence to charge any player, as at August 2013.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
It's all Hirds fault.;)

The media i know it's their job to report news but imo it wouldn't of been so bad if they only went to print when something major happened ie 'the issuing of infraction notices' cause at the end of the day majority of the public couldn't give a s**t about the political grandstanding bs they just want to know if players are guilty or not.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
It all went to s**t when, from the outset, guilty until proven guilty was determined as the path forwards by the AFL and ASADA in their (not) joint investigation.

From that point the AFL went about things in their usual manner of dictating an outcome and conditioning the public to said outcome, a process which left us hung out to dry. Then somewhere along the line ASADA remembered they are not accountable to the AFL and they get their funding from the government, so we had more twists and turns.

The media have fed off every single part of this. Due to being so invested in it, they only want 1 outcome.

It's sad when you think the public should only be learning about this investigation now, and even sadder to think that if this occurred behind closed doors that there's a chance ASADA wouldn't have even progressed to the SC notice stage.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
It all went to s**t when, from the outset, guilty until proven guilty was determined as the path forwards by the AFL and ASADA in their (not) joint investigation.

From that point the AFL went about things in their usual manner of dictating an outcome and conditioning the public to said outcome, a process which left us hung out to dry. Then somewhere along the line ASADA remembered they are not accountable to the AFL and they get their funding from the government, so we had more twists and turns.

The media have fed off every single part of this. Due to being so invested in it, they only want 1 outcome.

It's sad when you think the public should only be learning about this investigation now, and even sadder to think that if this occurred behind closed doors that there's a chance ASADA wouldn't have even progressed to the SC notice stage.

Would of been done and dusted a long time ago if Andruska was still in charge the AFL had Asada in their back pocket.

Jul 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
It occurs to me that we all might be overstating what it is ASADA has done to this point because of the fact that it is so front and centre of public view.

Just imagine for a sec (and this will give you a giggle trust me) that this ENTIRE DEBACLE had actually occurred behind closed doors - which in reality is exactly what should have happened.

ASADA investigates, and presents findings of a POSSIBLE ADRV to the appropriate panel - that is their role.

In private, it doesn't really matter if they have a strong or weak case - what matters to them is the possibility, which they present to an ADRVP / Tribunal.

I think the public nature of these events has skewed the idea that ASADA should have a slam dunk case in order to proceed.

Exactly what I've been saying. It's their job to push it this far based on a possibility.

With appropriate confidentiality, it would blow over as nothing. (like in 2011)

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
quote from old mate Paddy Ryder today:

"you don’t want to walk away from your mates in tough times"

you ******* wot m8

Then this gem:

Ryder, who walked out on Essendon over the 22-month ASADA investigation, says he picked the Power ahead of fellow suitors Brisbane and GWS because it is close to winning a flag.

So... don't want to walk out on mates, but will do and personal success is the entire reason I won't go somewhere to get a better deal for those same mates.

Yeah yeah * you buddy

quote from old mate Paddy Ryder today:

"you don’t want to walk away from your mates in tough times"

you ******* wot m8

Then this gem:

Ryder, who walked out on Essendon over the 22-month ASADA investigation, says he picked the Power ahead of fellow suitors Brisbane and GWS because it is close to winning a flag.

So... don't want to walk out on mates, but will do and personal success is the entire reason I won't go somewhere to get a better deal for those same mates.

Yeah yeah **** you buddy

I will definitely not be saying boo-urns.

IggypopsTshirt

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
I can see him doing this in response to the resounding boos when we next play Port. I plan to watch that game on my spare 36cm box because the likelihood of it flying out the window is high.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416450374.381139.jpg

Can you get some kind of TV guard made up? I'm afraid what I will do the first time I see Paddy on TV wearing a Port strip.
Why bother TVs like radios are cheap these days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back