No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does cut both ways. If this is how he's going to behave, it makes an absolute mockery of the references to him being ASADA's 'star witness'.

All the same though, he can * off with his entreaties of helping the players too. How on earth could you trust him? Once you get underworld types involved then you are opening yourself and the case to all sorts of corruption.

Steer clear.

un_eggs - You're right, hearing of incidents like these is any parents worst scenario. Hearing of heartache with a child the same age as your own, really makes things hyper aware as it comes close to the bubble you call home.

A total tragedy for Go_Blues! and his wife. My heart and strength go out to you for such a sad, innocent and unpredictable moment in life. I can only hope that the little fellas good times and memories far outweigh the hurt for you 1000 fold, brother. As for your friends, they understand. No one will be willing to make the first move, to re-open wounds. Be comfortable that they will be there for you - when you're ready.

* me, some people have a way with words.

Well said 84859300

It does cut both ways. If this is how he's going to behave, it makes an absolute mockery of the references to him being ASADA's 'star witness'.

All the same though, he can **** off with his entreaties of helping the players too. How on earth could you trust him? Once you get underworld types involved then you are opening yourself and the case to all sorts of corruption.

Steer clear.

Exactly, surely anyone at ASADA with an ounce of common sense will be thinking wtf are we doing with this clown?

what is this fruit cake's go here?

My guess - he got caught up in the ACC/ASADA investigation early days, and was in trouble. Those authorities, with the political push behind them - offered his 'issues' to go away, as long as you say a, b and c.

At the time - this was never going to go to court or a tribunal, the AFL has agreed on a deal it is all rosy mate and you stay out of the clink. Sound good?

It has all gone pear shaped - it has ended up in court - charter's lawyer is freaking out he has so many skeletons in the closet that he cant remember them all - and his original evidence wasn't 100% truthful and perhaps can be proven. His lawyer does not want him cross-examined under any circumstances.

He now doesn't know what to do - is in need of cash - is facing legal action for similar things and doesn't want to go in. He just does not know what to do, or how to handle this and is looking like a fruit cake for all to see.

I will tell you all a horrid story and I see parallels between my story and Ryder. Almost exactly 10 years ago my son was in my bedroom. He was 3 years old. My wife was taking iron tablets to help her with the loss of iron that all women go through. Anyway, Iron tablets seem to be very bright in color and my son thought they looked pretty tasty so he ate the rest of the bottle. I found him with a red mouth and looking as happy as s**t. Anyway, Iron tablets when taken in excess, destroy internal organs. He died and I blamed my wife and lost her too.

How is this relevent to Ryder. Well I get it. They went through s**t with their unborn kid. There is no going back from that. I am not saying that was Essendon's fault, just that there was no way back. Sorry to subject you all to my sob story. Funny how I can say this to a bunch of strangers but can't talk about it to my best friends......

I haven't posted on Bigfooty for 6 months, swearing to myself to stay away until this issue is resolved. However, this post has moved me so much I just had to log in and say something.

I am so terribly saddened to hear your story Go_Blues!, having two young children myself, the thought of losing a child really shocks you to the core, and the dose of reality and PERSPECTIVE form hearing this makes things like football and sagas and opposition supporters or 'HTB campaigners' just seem like the most trivial things imaginable.

This saga has been horrible for fans and players. But really, for us fans, in the scheme of things, compared to the important things in life, it is virtually inconsequential. We should all remember that. Don't let this drugs Saga get you down. Don't let it eat up your thoughts, or your time. Re-focus on what is important in life; Your friends, your family and your health.

By the way, thank you for coming hear and posting throughout this. It has been great to hear from a fair and balanced opposition supporter, as an all Essendon thread can be a bit of an echo chamber.

How is this relevent to Ryder. Well I get it. They went through s**t with their unborn kid. There is no going back from that. I am not saying that was Essendon's fault, just that there was no way back. Sorry to subject you all to my sob story. Funny how I can say this to a bunch of strangers but can't talk about it to my best friends......

That's bloody terrible mate. One of my kids is very sick at the moment (been touch and go a couple of times) but thankfully he's still with us. I cannot begin to imagine the pain losing a child so young must bring. I do understand the bolded bit though. I've found it very hard to talk about my child's experience, mainly because I realised that talkng about it makes it real.

You're welcome here anytime, and if I ever get the chance I'd be happy to buy you a beer.

All we need now is for for Hirdy to be unmasked as an alien spy and we'd just about have the set.
Maybe we need a light hearted thread. One where we can all predict ever more crazy eventualities and turns of events.

We can all put our tin foil hats on and break out our inner armchair operator.

Charters is which one?

View attachment 93595

Nemo-seagulls.jpg

Maybe we need a light hearted thread. One where we can all predict ever more crazy eventualities and turns of events.

We can all put our tin foil hats on and break out our inner armchair operator.
no need for a new thread.. real life is stranger than any tin foil predictions right now...

Surprise surprise though.. ASADA looking to delay until January to hear case.. think I said they will try to do that.. interrupt next season to create pressure for players to take deals.. pathetic and predictable..

If they haven't got their case ready by now.. well * me how long do these players have to wait???

Where is the circuit breaker to end this farce?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

alright, now I know this is a leap of logic, but I think it is worthy of consideration. This is reported in News today:

A DISPUTE over access to evidence could delay the start of the Essendon doping hearings until January.
Lawyers for 32 of the 34 former and current Bombers issued with infraction notices want the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority to surrender its entire body of evidence before the AFL anti-doping tribunal sits.

ASADA is of the view it should only be required to hand over evidence it will rely on to prosecute its case.

A tentative hearing date of December 15 was set by tribunal chairman David Jones at a directions hearing on Tuesday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...cess-to-evidence/story-fni5f6kv-1227130037854

What do we make of this?

I'll tell you what it makes me think of. It makes me think of the fact that ASADA have previously omitted evidence that is favourable to the EFC players. Now, I can't quite recall if that was entirely due to AFL interference or whether that was something ASADA did off their own bat as well.

But I ask myself what does this mean? And I would be open to other interpretations. But it strikes me that ASADA may well be wanting to hold back evidence that assists the defence. Now, they may well be within their rights to do that, or more accurately, normal prosecution teams might. But as a "model litigant" (LOL) if that is the case it stinks. Real bad.

I haven't posted on Bigfooty for 6 months, swearing to myself to stay away until this issue is resolved. However, this post has moved me so much I just had to log in and say something.

I am so terribly saddened to hear your story Go_Blues!, having two young children myself, the thought of losing a child really shocks you to the core, and the dose of reality and PERSPECTIVE form hearing this makes things like football and sagas and opposition supporters or 'HTB campaigners' just seem like the most trivial things imaginable.

This saga has been horrible for fans and players. But really, for us fans, in the scheme of things, compared to the important things in life, it is virtually inconsequential. We should all remember that. Don't let this drugs Saga get you down. Don't let it eat up your thoughts, or your time. Re-focus on what is important in life; Your friends, your family and your health.

By the way, thank you for coming hear and posting throughout this. It has been great to hear from a fair and balanced opposition supporter, as an all Essendon thread can be a bit of an echo chamber.
Welcome back, Kaiser Powser- good to see you again. And yes- something like that puts it all this in perspective in all too grim a fashion.

From our point of view, our players could be suspended for two years and it's still not even a patch on a tragedy like that. Not even close to a patch.

It's just sport.

That's bloody terrible mate. One of my kids is very sick at the moment (been touch and go a couple of times) but thankfully he's still with us. I cannot begin to imagine the pain losing a child so young must bring. I do understand the bolded bit though. I've found it very hard to talk about my child's experience, mainly because I realised that talkng about it makes it real.

You're welcome here anytime, and if I ever get the chance I'd be happy to buy you a beer.
Here, here. Sorry to hear about your little one too. I'm not a parent yet but there can't be anything worse than seeing your child die or be gravely ill.

alright, now I know this is a leap of logic, but I think it is worthy of consideration. This is reported in News today:

A DISPUTE over access to evidence could delay the start of the Essendon doping hearings until January.
Lawyers for 32 of the 34 former and current Bombers issued with infraction notices want the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority to surrender its entire body of evidence before the AFL anti-doping tribunal sits.

ASADA is of the view it should only be required to hand over evidence it will rely on to prosecute its case.

A tentative hearing date of December 15 was set by tribunal chairman David Jones at a directions hearing on Tuesday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...cess-to-evidence/story-fni5f6kv-1227130037854

What do we make of this?

I'll tell you what it makes me think of. It makes me think of the fact that ASADA have previously omitted evidence that is favourable to the EFC players. Now, I can't quite recall if that was entirely due to AFL interference or whether that was something ASADA did off their own bat as well.

But I ask myself what does this mean? And I would be open to other interpretations. But it strikes me that ASADA may well be wanting to hold back evidence that assists the defence. Now, they may well be within their rights to do that, or more accurately, normal prosecution teams might. But as a "model litigant" (LOL) if that is the case it stinks. Real bad.

Well we already know both the AFL & ASADA manipulated evidence & data to suit the Interim Report & create a required narrative, so your suspicions make perfect sense I would have thought.

Wow Dave, feeling for ya buddy

according to the Australian today:

"Charter says that in his correspondence with GL Biochem and in all his text messages and emails with Dank, Thymosin or THY refers to Thymosin Alpha 1, not Thymosin Beta 4"

Self-styled anti-ageing consultant Shane Charter claims that as well as arranging for the banned peptide Thymosin Beta 4 to be imported from China, he also arranged the shipment of a quantity of Thymosin Alpha 1, a substance permitted under the World Anti-Doping code.

What do we make of this?

1. That was my first thought as well.

2. http://www.ruleoflaw.org.au/wp-cont...ute-Model-Litigant-Rules-Facts-and-Issues.pdf

"In essence, being a model litigant requires that the Commonwealth and its agencies, as parties to litigation, act with complete propriety, fairly and in accordance with the highest professional standards"

"The obligation to act as a model litigant may require more than merely acting honestly and in accordance with the law and court rules. It also goes beyond the requirement for lawyers to act in accordance with their ethical obligations."

What do we make of this?

Concerns me too, have seen both sides to the argument as why. But with everything that has gone on in the investigation...

Here, here. Sorry to hear about your little one too. I'm not a parent yet but there can't be anything worse than seeing your child die or be gravely ill.

Wow Dave, feeling for ya buddy

Thanks guys. As someone else said, it certainly puts a lot of stuff into perspective.

"Charter says that in his correspondence with GL Biochem and in all his text messages and emails with Dank, Thymosin or THY refers to Thymosin Alpha 1, not Thymosin Beta 4"

Self-styled anti-ageing consultant Shane Charter claims that as well as arranging for the banned peptide Thymosin Beta 4 to be imported from China, he also arranged the shipment of a quantity of Thymosin Alpha 1, a substance permitted under the World Anti-Doping code.

By Chip? Pffft, Essendon apologist.

1. That was my first thought as well.

2. http://www.ruleoflaw.org.au/wp-cont...ute-Model-Litigant-Rules-Facts-and-Issues.pdf

"In essence, being a model litigant requires that the Commonwealth and its agencies, as parties to litigation, act with complete propriety, fairly and in accordance with the highest professional standards"

"The obligation to act as a model litigant may require more than merely acting honestly and in accordance with the law and court rules. It also goes beyond the requirement for lawyers to act in accordance with their ethical obligations."
exactly the source I was reading.

Watch the concept get ridiculed on the HTB. Some of those campaigners need to take the ASADA scarf off occasionally

And this is their star witness?? Seriously WTF?

And Lance... I think you are very much on the right track.. players (through lawyers) have been demanding 'all the evidence' for a while.. so it suggests they know there is more to the story and they want all of it so they can blow this case out of the water.. like pictures of Thymomodulin.. and the spreadsheets with the same heading etc etc..

Right now I am very concerned about the future of ASADA.. The French case bought down ASDA.. and this really could see the undoing of ASADA.. incompetence at the highest level.

I'm a bloke brought up in the old Anglo-Saxon school where men aren't supposed to cry. Talking about issues where there's a heavy emotional toll generally brings tears. It's why I didn't see my old man cry until I was 15 years old, it's why the only people to ever see me cry since I hit adolescence are my parents and my wife. It's stupid, but it is what it is.

I think that's why a lot of blokes struggle to talk about issues such as this with their mates, but we know our mates understand, have our back, and will be there if ever we call on them.

I sincerely hope your child comes out the other side and you can get some normality back into your life.

Footy, meh. Life comes first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back