Great question.

If he says no they failed.

If he says yes they failed.

Un***en believable...

First question from elbows... "so, did the crows have a crack at getting you?"

F***en campaigner.
Who are we taking about here? Ryder I assume

Mark Bickley: So, did the crows have a crack at getting you?"

Paddy Ryder: Yeah but I had a lot of conversations during the footy season with Phil Walsh and he really convinced me that Port Adelaide is where my future lied

Mark Bickley: Doh!!!!

Wait, did that actually happen or is this a gag?

Edit: just saw who wrote it. Damn.

Later in the show they were inundated with e-mails and calls regarding the AO deal. Rowey pulls out his little audio clip from Wee Licker where he states that the SANFL have a debt as a result of funding the Northern Stand, Corporate facilities and keeping Port Adelaide afloat.

Thank you for that, we know the SANFL provided us with coin but we also now know, what many of us had believed to be the case, that there has been a sweetheart deal with the mob who base themselves at Footy Park and your non-collection of revenue for these services has also had a significant impact on your debt levels.

Funny how you don't mention that.

Un***en believable...

First question from elbows... "so, did the crows have a crack at getting you?"

F***en campaigner.
The bloke is a flog & much more bias than Bone ever was, he doesn't even try to be impartial when he talks about footy in SA just a typical one eyed Crowbot, saying Dangerfield is the 2nd best player in the comp says it all.

It was also a tad disrespectful from him at the end of the interview as well saying 'and that was our guest Justin Westhoff' trying to say what a boring interview it was, I hope Ryder/Lobbe smash Jacobs next year.

It's a shame there isn't one tolerable sports radio host in this state at the moment, looks like I'll be listening a lot less to both AA/MMM next year.

Later in the show they were inundated with e-mails and calls regarding the AO deal. Rowey pulls out his little audio clip from Wee Licker where he states that the SANFL have a debt as a result of funding the Northern Stand, Corporate facilities and keeping Port Adelaide afloat.

Thank you for that, we know the SANFL provided us with coin but we also now know, what many of us had believed to be the case, that there has been a sweetheart deal with the mob who base themselves at Footy Park and your non-collection of revenue for these services has also had a significant impact on your debt levels.

Funny how you don't mention that.

A Northern stand - that no one asked for and was a white elephant with crowds hovering around the 40k mark even after it was built.

Corporate facilities - that the SANFL directly benefited from and again were built because the campaigners wanted to fleece more money from the AFL clubs by actively marketing against them for sponsorship dollars.

Grants to Port Adelaide - that were a fraction of the commercial benefit having 22 games of football played at a stadium owned and operated by the SANFL.

If the SANFL ran a funeral home, no one would die. That's how bad they are at business strategy.

Grants to Port Adelaide - that were a fraction of the commercial benefit having 22 games of football played at a stadium owned and operated by the SANFL.

If the SANFL ran a funeral home, no one would die. That's how bad they are at business strategy

$12,000,000 of "reinvestment" into PAFC over 5 years = 55 home games = uplift of $218k per game.

I wonder what the SANFL's net profit on Port games was over that same period.

But boy oh boy doesn't $12,000,000 sound like a lot!!!!111

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just made the mistake of reading the comments on the Adelaide Now page seriously what bunch of bitter, uneducated, senile keyboard warriors! The general public really are as dumb as a bucket of shrimp aren't they. So many idiots that are happy to see Port post a loss while being completely ignorant that the Crows are getting screwed over as well.

$12,000,000 of "reinvestment" into PAFC over 5 years = 55 home games = uplift of $218k per game.

So how come the Crows' slice of the distribution pie is $3.11 million more than Port's? ($12.86 million to $9.75 million)

And as Trigg said, free rent at AAMI for the other lot at a conservative $2m a year. And more than that now as it will mean that an area that was being used before now has to sit there instead of being sold.

A great deal of the reinvestment was AFL money that the SANFL were managing, it's not as if we were taking SANFL funds.

So how come the Crows' slice of the distribution pie is $3.11 million more than Port's? ($12.86 million to $9.75 million)

They sold all there corporate facilities and their memberships cost a bit more than ours and there average attendances were higher too. so I'm assuming that would be the difference.

Keep in mind they're Rucci's numbers and more than likely wrong anyway.
True. Assuming Rucci's figures are right, the SANFL also collected a cool $14.9 million - a mere $3.7 million more than at AAMI Stadium in 2013. How does that work?????

True. Assuming Rucci's figures are right, the SANFL also collected a cool $14.9 million - a mere $3.7 million more than at AAMI Stadium in 2013. How does that work?????

Because they're a bunch of greedy campaigners and the initial agreement was rushed so we could play at Adelaide Oval this season. Unsurprisingly SANFL is dragging their feet with the review. I have no doubt in my mind the SANFL is dragging the review out as long as they can so they can fleece more money from us and the crows.

Keep in mind they're Rucci's numbers and more than likely wrong anyway.

Pretty much. Rooch said that Port's expected membership was 32,000 and it's average attendance was expected to be 36,000. I thought they budgeted for an average attendance of 32,000 and I think Casual Keith said that they expected membership to be a touch over 50,000.

Rooch is alright at times. But sometimes I just sit there, shaking my head in haughty derision at some of the stuff he writes.

Pretty much. Rooch said that Port's expected membership was 32,000 and it's average attendance was expected to be 36,000. I thought they budgeted for an average attendance of 32,000 and I think Casual Keith said that they expected membership to be a touch over 50,000.

Rooch is alright at times. But sometimes I just sit there, shaking my head in haughty derision at some of the stuff he writes.

In our podcast interview pre-season Matthew Richardson said the budget was 33-34k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back