Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Who will we draft? edition

Pick 11 - Who will it be

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyyynnnchy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
London, UK
AFL Club
West Coast
I wouldn't be worried about his fitness, more the fact that now he isn't able to hone his skills at center clearances (suspecting that he is not able to participate in simulation drills). We need him to learn as much as he can this preseason on how to become a midfielder. Hopefully he watches a tonne of tape on center clearances in the meantime.

Such an open draft this year and I can't really pick one of Cockatoo, Duggan and Weller at this stage. All have different strengths that will help our side and will be happy with any of them. Hopefully we can nail the later picks :p
It's pretty much running, gym work and skills work up until Jan. all the match simulation stuff starts in January which is when he should be ok to go

Lyyynnnchy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
London, UK
AFL Club
West Coast
Serious question for the knowledgeable types....Is the bolded statement that simple? Can players be coached into being ball magnets if it's a bit foreign to them when they're drafted?
Fyfe and Dangerfield both had big question marks over their productivity. The problem with those 2 and others like De Goey is with their unique physical attributes they are often played in the forward line throughout their junior years. It means it takes a while for them to adjust to playing in the midfield.

For all of Fyfe, De Goey and Danger, the first time they had a run through the middle was during the u18 championships. It's going to take a while to get their numbers up. It's just a matter of if they can adjust to a midfield role.

Masto

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
De Goey's so-called 'lack of production' is massively overstated. He averaged 15 disposals off a flank, which is the same or more than the following players:

Dean Gore
Nathan Drummond
Tom Lamb
Teia Miles
Jackson Nelson
Lukas Webb
Jack Lonie
Liam Duggan
Corey Ellis
Kyle Langford
Brayden Maynard
Connor Menadue
Dillon Viojo-Rainbow
Aidan Anderson
Jarrod Garlett
Jarrod Pickett

Galileo9

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Arsenal, 49ers
i have decided I want Langford and have a feeling that is who we will get.

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
The draft analysts seem to think Cockatoo is a speculative pick with none of them having a real idea where he will go in the draft , ( first round )....
Eagles in a good position of pick 11 to get a slider , possibly Lever . Even so we have a chance of Duggin / Weller / Cockatoo / plus any slider - Lever , Degoey

GWS seem like they might take Pickett #4 / Ahern #6 and are interviewing Wright this week for maybe there third pick at # 7 , this scenario could let Lever and Degoey slide .... maybe :straining:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Masto

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The draft analysts seem to think Cockatoo is a speculative pick with none of them having a real idea where he will go in the draft , ( first round )....
Eagles in a good position of pick 11 to get a slider , possibly Lever . Even so we have a chance of Duggin / Weller / Cockatoo / plus any slider - Lever , Degoey

GWS seem like they might take Pickett #4 / Ahern #6 and are interviewing Wright this week for maybe there third pick at # 7 , this scenario could let Lever and Degoey slide .... maybe :straining:

Heard Lever will slide out to about 13/14. I think our pick will be from Laverde/Weller/Cockatoo/DeGoey with the first no lock even if he is available. Some Melbourne journos are saying Laverde could even slide to Richmond's pick.

Masto

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Forget the reporting from here on in. Clubs are just trying to muddy the water on who they really want.

Wrong. The later the mail the more accurate it is. The agents know which clubs like their players and it leaks out to the media. Good stuff always leaks out in the week leading up to the draft.

maxrm

All Australian
Jan 25, 2010
North Beach
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors
If Laverde is available we must take him. But he won't be available.

It's unlikely but possible...
1) Petracca
2) Brayshaw
3) McCartin
4) Pickett
5) Langford
6) Goddard
7) Ahern
8) Duggin
9) Moore
10) Wright/Lever/De Goey
11) Laverde :eek:

Having said that if he was too slide past GWS one would expect Gold Coast to take him at #8, but they have been strongly linked to Duggin.

May 7, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Everton FC
It's unlikely but possible...
1) Petracca
2) Brayshaw
3) McCartin
4) Pickett
5) Langford
6) Goddard
7) Ahern
8) Duggin
9) Moore
10) Wright/Lever/De Goey
11) Laverde :eek:

Having said that if he was too slide past GWS one would expect Gold Coast to take him at #8, but they have been strongly linked to Duggin.

That's quite a long way off what I expect to happen, but I would be delighted with it. I think Laverde is close to the best prospect in the pool.

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
I like the CockleBiddy jokes better. I cant wait to hear the next big quote from Bruce. "THE utensil GIVES THE BIG DONT ARGUE" Delicious.
When Brad dick was playing for Collingwood vs the Eagles Langdon called a passage of play the eagles player confronted with a raging Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back