List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

What kind of player is Gore?

I don't know too much about the draftees. Seems like every few days I come on here a new name/rumour is floating around for our first round pick.

Are we a chance to get Ahern?

12. Corey Ellis 184cm 74kg Midfielder
33. Connor Blakely 189cm 84kg Midfielder
52. Dean Gore 182cm 86kg Midfielder
70. Nathan Drummond 182cm 84kg Utility

Based on the various bits and pieces I've read the last week, this could happen. While some wouldn't be happy about the haul, personally I'd be quite pleased with this happening next Thursday night.

Blakely at 33 would mean we won the draft. Can't see it happening, especially with WC picking just before us

Our recruiting team were looking to participate in some deals to get us up the first round draft order a little bit after the Trengove deal fell through during trade week. That doesn't sound like an objective consistent with taking Ellis???

Ellis is the Plan B or C. They wanted someone up the order ... they may still get him ;)
any idea who? ;)

Interesting article on the afl site about the 4 Keillor boys - Ahern, Ellis, Laverde and Cavka.. Ellis was known as the Rolls Royce at the club.. I hope we take Ellis.. Genuine midfielder who looks like he has time when the balls in his hands..

Can someone please tell me why there is no love for Lever as our first pick if available? I know he hasn't played due to injury, however, I saw this kid play a couple of games last year and he is a super talent. Mobile enough to play anywhere on the ground including midfield. Attacks the contest. Good decision maker and superb overhead. Is it because he is classified as a Backman. I haven't seen much of the TAC cup other than what I have seen on TV and Net replays this year, but doubt that any of the Midfielders we have spoken about as our first pick are anywhere near as good as Lever. I will be disappointed I suspect because it sounds like we will overlook him. A big miss I believe. This guy will be a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone please tell me why there is no love for Lever as our first pick if available? I know he hasn't played due to injury, however, I saw this kid play a couple of games last year and he is a super talent. Mobile enough to play anywhere on the ground including midfield. Attacks the contest. Good decision maker and superb overhead. Is it because he is classified as a Backman. I haven't seen much of the TAC cup other than what I have seen on TV and Net replays this year, but doubt that any of the Midfielders we have spoken about as our first pick are anywhere near as good as Lever. I will be disappointed I suspect because it sounds like we will overlook him. A big miss I believe. This guy will be a gun.
i assume it's because like Laverde, he's expected to be gone by our pick.

Question Tigers fans

If you had chance again 2013 draft would you keep Ben Lennon over Patrick Cripps?

I think Tigers need more of a Cripps type mid and Blues need Lennon type utility

Doing a 2013 draft in terms of talent feel lots of upside in both players but Cripps would be extractor type mid Tigers would benefit from and Lennon perfect for Blues

Question Tigers fans

If you had chance again 2013 draft would you keep Ben Lennon over Patrick Cripps?

I think Tigers need more of a Cripps type mid and Blues need Lennon type utility

Doing a 2013 draft in terms of talent feel lots of upside in both players but Cripps would be extractor type mid Tigers would benefit from and Lennon perfect for Blues
Lennon has quite a bit more upside I would have thought, so even though we could use a kid like Cripps I'd still go lennon

Question Tigers fans

We need both types frankly (class and grunt). I'd keep Lennon just because he's already been indoctrinated :p

Lennon has quite a bit more upside I would have thought, so even though we could use a kid like Cripps I'd still go lennon

In terms of skill and versatility I think Lennon but inside clearance and ball winning think Cripps

Think Cripps exactly type Tigers need atm

i assume it's because like Laverde, he's expected to be gone by our pick.
There are now a number of people who believe that Lever may be available at 12, however, believe Richmond will overlook him. The question I asked was if available who'd rather lever than those midfielders named as possibilities for our pick 12? I certainly would rather pick lever. He offers us something more than your typical Onballer.

There are now a number of people who believe that Lever may be available at 12, however, believe Richmond will overlook him. The question I asked was if available who'd rather lever than those midfielders named as possibilities for our pick 12? I certainly would rather pick lever. He offers us something more than your typical Onballer.
Definately take Lever but prefer Laverde,Cockatoo,Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back