RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying the rankings are wrong, because I know full well that leagues have to win to go up, but I was merely pointing out that if the RDFL players took some pride in the rep guernsey over the next few years they could really push the league up to where it should be. It starts by building a good rep culture with the right people in charge.

Yeah I agree matty. Our ranking is ridiculously low however I do back the method in the madness from last years rdfl selectors. They decided to reward the past participants the first spots in the side for their past committment to the interleague program. That is the only way to get the best players wanting to contribute in the future. Footballers are ego driven and when they arent considered for selection it makes them want to be a part of it.

Yeah I agree matty. Our ranking is ridiculously low however I do back the method in the madness from last years rdfl selectors. They decided to reward the past participants the first spots in the side for their past committment to the interleague program. That is the only way to get the best players wanting to contribute in the future. Footballers are ego driven and when they arent considered for selection it makes them want to be a part of it.
Speaking with some of the players after this years game the RDFL team did,nt really click as a team ?. They played without a full time Ruckman because Carris didn't play .....Imagine Wright, Boyall, Sahlberg Foreman and Petroro getting first purchase from a good Ruckman not saying Matty Krul or Angus Storey aren't good players ...But neither of them played in the Ruck in the Grand Final .....The result never reflected the real talent pool in the RDFL.! The ranking is distorted in my opinion .

No was only curious. Always happy to assist our league but definately dont have the time for that gig
Coach of the year would be devastated to lose one of the best players In the top ten in the RDFL !! Ash Mc Naughton is a superstar and very hard to replace . His 3rd Quarter In the Grand Final was Legendary .... Blokes like Macca come along once in a lifetime and is a huge loss to the RDFL .. Who will take up the best Schwarzenegger of impersonation now?? Maybee Steve Burlak ??

Coach of the year would be devastated to lose one of the best players In the top ten in the RDFL !! Ash Mc Naughton is a superstar and very hard to replace . His 3rd Quarter In the Grand Final was Legendary .... Blokes like Macca come along once in a lifetime and is a huge loss to the RDFL .. Who will take up the best Schwarzenegger of impersonation now?? Maybee Steve Burlak ??

Lets hope if Ash does leave Romsey he goes to a better league, like the EDFL. It would be a step backwards to play in 1 of the other local leagues.

I doubt McNaughton has left and if he has Romsey have shown they can quite easily replace him. As for leagues around RDFL it depends on the league. Suburban premier divisions are ahead, absolute top teams in BFL (both of them) are ahead but the gap is closing rapidly. The top RDFL teams would beat middle of the road teams from those leagues. RDFL has gone well past HDFL and Maryborough type leagues.

Another good get by Sunbury with Jay Cheep on board. I had heard he was looking to only play every second week which turned a few clubs off. Apparently not the case with kangaroos though and is fully committed. Will be a big asset.

Question that lead to how competitive the rdfl is. was the ranking of the rdfl lets hope all players are made available and the side is picked on form ability and not reputation
And mongrel if you where asked to do it you would jump at it

So your telling me what I would or wouldnt do now are u? Do I look desperate for a coaching job? I have no interest in any job other than coaching romsey.

And please stop worrying about whos left romsey. U should be worrying about teams like kilmore, woodend and lancefield not my side.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do u mean fishenden ronald ken bruce leeeee??

I was actually disappointed last year that the big fish didnt play footy. Ive heard banter for years about who was the best ruckman in the district and the two names that always come up were carriss and fishenden. Add to that the emergence of diggers rests monster ruckman lenny clarke it only adds to a great discussion.
I rate all 3 very highly but I will say when I coached the big fish I never ever saw him beaten in the ruck. A lot of romsey people blame troy jones the umpire 4 the 2011 gf loss but I blame leigh fishenden. Totally turned that gf on its head by smashing the ball time and time again into sunburys attacking 50. Bit of keating clarke about that day lol

Interested to get peoples thoughts on "depth recruiting". Over the last few years I have seen clubs recruiting young up and coming players or borderline reserves/senior players by offering them cash to leave their home club. Cash that their home club is not prepared to offer. It's a pretty cunning way of going about getting a player to leave his home club. By stroking their ego a bit and offering dollars all of a sudden they can change their thinking of how good they are and if the home club doesn't make a return offer sometimes the young bloke goes because they don't feel as valued by their own club.

I have no issue with clubs doing this if they "genuinely" see the new recruit as being a regular part of their starting 18 but quite often the young bloke finds himself playing reserves and earning a big fat ZERO dollars and playing at a place without his mates. They do sometimes find themselves in the senior side if injuries occur to the top liners but more often than not end up coming back after a year cause they want to be back with their mates.

My advice to any "borderline" player that gets offered coin is to ascertain of the new club actually sees them playing regular senior footy, because if they are running around in the Scoob Doos then the contract means nothing. At the very least I would advise these young guys to write into their contract that they get paid for a minimum of say 6 games whether they play seniors or not. Then they will find out how serious the new club is that wants to sign them.

I was actually disappointed last year that the big fish didnt play footy. Ive heard banter for years about who was the best ruckman in the district and the two names that always come up were carriss and fishenden. Add to that the emergence of diggers rests monster ruckman lenny clarke it only adds to a great discussion.
I rate all 3 very highly but I will say when I coached the big fish I never ever saw him beaten in the ruck. A lot of romsey people blame troy jones the umpire 4 the 2011 gf loss but I blame leigh fishenden. Totally turned that gf on its head by smashing the ball time and time again into sunburys attacking 50. Bit of keating clarke about that day lol

I watched Carriss play twice this year, both against Romsey. I thought Trigger beat him on both occasions. Maybe he had a couple of shockers.
A very underrated player Trigger, him and the big fish, White and Way would give opposition sides a fair headache.
PS- Mongrel please don't ever say that Troy #$#$%%^^%$$%### name again.

I reckon romseys new midfield is gonna be better by a country mile in 2015 . That's what I'm hearing

All the best to Adam Fenton at Sunbury Kangaroos next season.I hear they had 48 on the track at Centrals last Monday week ? ! New Coach new culture new standards exciting times ahead .....

Woodend kicked off Monday with 54 and Wednesday with 52, a bit the same Meltonman, a new coach, bit of excitement, hopefully the numbers keep up

It wouldn't be an RDFL off season without John Baker talk. Mate from up north rang me last week enquiring what I knew about him, good thing for John is there never appears to be lack of interest ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back