BABYBOMBERS2007

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea, Ferrari, Pens,Suns,Redsox
What are people's thoughts on the best villain from any anime/manga? Frieza is the first one that comes to me.

If it's just a villainous character then Light has to be up there
Good pick.

Frieza is probably the most significant.

King Bradley definitely felt ominous when watching FMA, because the show was set up you weren't sure if they would ever win.

Now that OP are fleshing out Doflamingo, I think he's definitely starting to place himself as quite villainous.

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
Johann is probably the best crafted villain, a guy who is a genocidal psychopath that I feel deeply sorry for and actually like

Light is sorta another one who is a complete campaigner but I can't find myself to despise him, since Death Note was meant to blur the lines of morality anyway

Best good "evil" guy is Lelouch though, best character eva

Kaan

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Johann is probably the best crafted villain, a guy who is a genocidal psychopath that I feel deeply sorry for and actually like

Is there any anime character this guy couldn't mind *? He'd break Lelouch and Light and get them to commit suicide within 10 minutes.

Everything was rushed as expected.

30 chapters worth of content (longer Naruto vs Sasuke fight, post-war and the epilogue) were crammed into 2 chapters. So many loose ends, we don't even know what happens to Orochimaru and Kabuto.

Extremely disappointing ending. What a way to ruin a manga in the space of 6 months.

What are the chances they go into more detail with the corresponding Shippuden episodes?

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Everything was rushed as expected.

30 chapters worth of content (longer Naruto vs Sasuke fight, post-war and the epilogue) were crammed into 2 chapters. So many loose ends, we don't even know what happens to Orochimaru and Kabuto.

Extremely disappointing ending. What a way to ruin a manga in the space of 6 months.
I reckon in regards to Orochimaru and Kabuto, they will probably make appearance in the spin off manga being made next year.

Hong Kong/China/Taiway produce some really good Manhua.

I've noted that their art are particularly detailed and HK manhua are usually all coloured.

Check out the following:

Ravages of Time - Three Kingdoms based storyline but twisted and twisted to a pretty amazing story. Beautiful art and fairly immense in scope.
City of Darkness - Fighting manhua. Beautiful use of colour, though storyline is fairly weak a bit.
Blood & Steel - Wuxia (Martial Art) story with great fight scenes. Basically a revenge story set in Ancient China's Martial Art World. Persevere. It is good as.

BABYBOMBERS2007

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Something which annoys me about anime adaptations of manga, are anime-only arcs. Episodes which have a single-episode story are fine, and I often like those episodes. However having whole arcs which are anime-only are annoying. At the end of the arc everything will be pretty much back to normal, and the quality is also not as good as the normal episodes and the manga. I have noticed this with Fairy Tail and One Piece.

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Something which annoys me about anime adaptations of manga, are anime-only arcs. Episodes which have a single-episode story are fine, and I often like those episodes. However having whole arcs which are anime-only are annoying. At the end of the arc everything will be pretty much back to normal, and the quality is also not as good as the normal episodes and the manga. I have noticed this with Fairy Tail and One Piece.
it's because they get to close to the manga

What do you mean, anime only arcs?

BABYBOMBERS2007

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
What do you mean, anime only arcs?

There would be a manga which is turned into an anime. The anime follows the storyline of the manga, until they need filler eps and then create episodes which are not in the manga. These filler eps which end up as a story arc, they are the ones I don't like. These episodes will never be part of the official manga.

Oh yeah, I see.

Yeah, I think I probably would prefer there to be just... no episodes. Even though that's worse for the studios in a business sense.

I think the bigger question is.... why are they always so s**t? Why are they always so goddamn cheesy? I mean, you've been given almost everything you need to succeed. The characters, the personalities, all the intricacies of the world has already been developed.... all you need is to put them in an interesting situation, and the characters themselves will take care of the rest.

So why are they so often so s**t?

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Oh yeah, I see.

Yeah, I think I probably would prefer there to be just... no episodes. Even though that's worse for the studios in a business sense.

I think the bigger question is.... why are they always so s**t? Why are they always so goddamn cheesy? I mean, you've been given almost everything you need to succeed. The characters, the personalities, all the intricacies of the world has already been developed.... all you need is to put them in an interesting situation, and the characters themselves will take care of the rest.

So why are they so often so s**t?

Because you have to make sure zero plot progression and character development happens

Back