Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
It's off-season, we've just come off Back to Back flags, time for a wanky, cheesy, completely self-congratulatory, smug and just plain fun thread?

What do YOU love most about the HFC?

It's off-season, we've just come off Back to Back flags, time for a wanky, cheesy, completely self-congratulatory, smug and just plain fun thread?

What do YOU love most about the HFC?

it is such a great honor to be a supporter & member of the HFC.

As supporters we are spoilt rotten, some of us have even had the pleasure of experiencing 3 decades of dominance, 70's, 80's & 2010's. That is an unbelievable achievement in the modern era.

Most opposition supporters have to dig up the record books over 50 years ago to find any sort of success.

I bought some Back 2 Back Memorabilia the other week, and a little voice inside my head said "this memorabilia will be outdated after we win a hat trick next year"... First world problems :p

Last edited:

As supporters we are spoilt rotten, some of us have even had the pleasure of experiencing 3 decades of dominance, 70's, 80's & 2010's. That is an unbelievable achievement in the modern era.

Most opposition supporters have to dig up the record books over 50 years ago to find any sort of success.

I bought some Back 2 Back Memorabilia the other week, and a little voice inside my head said "this memorabilia will be outdated after we win a hat trick next year"... First world problems :p

I did the same. But I remember standing at the Hawks nest and looking at the "Premiership story" book and thinking, Does the club release another this year or wait for the ultimate of reads....."2013, 2014, 2015, The Masterpiece" Good times!!!

When i ask people who they follow and they often say Essendon or St Kilda, then ask me who i follow, i almost feel a little embarrassed to tell them :D Poor souls. I can feel their envy, and hear them thinking why couldnt i have been born into a Hawthorn family, how do some get so lucky with their football team haha

Ha ha, a good mate of mine is a Melbourne supporter: his most precious possession is a VHS tape of a Melbourne game from the 1980's where Gary Lyon kicks 10 goals. He can't watch it any more but he still goes on about it.

I used to chip him about my DVD collection of Hawthorn premierships but it's no fun any more!

The best thing about this club is it's iconic leaders & people, who have set the standards of excellence for others to follow.

John Kennedy Snr & Graham Arthur
David Parkin & Don Scott
Leigh Matthews & Peter Knights
Allan Jeans & Michael Tuck

You can now add Alastair Clarkson & Luke Hodge/Sam Mitchell to that list!

That is what true Culture is made of!

When you sit in the locker rooms & see all these champions names of the past on your locker & their achievements on the walls, then you can't help but want to be a part of that heritage by inscribing your own name & era into the record books via your deeds on the ground!

I like the brown and gold colours, pity the people conducting the marketing research is telling the hierarchy otherwise :p.

I like that the club knows what it is doing from ceo and board level, down to the coaching staff and the players themselves.

I am so glad that my grandfather supporter and got a job at Hawthorn (thus I was born in the brown and gold family) over other teams. No way would I enjoy being a Carlton or Collingwood supporter or even a Sydney Swans supporter that many of my relatives are :eek:.

I like the amount of grand final cups that are on display at Hawthorn HQ

When i ask people who they follow and they often say Essendon or St Kilda, then ask me who i follow, i almost feel a little embarrassed to tell them :D Poor souls. I can feel their envy, and hear them thinking why couldnt i have been born into a Hawthorn family, how do some get so lucky with their football team haha

It's great to be born into a Hawthorn family and pass it down to your children. My dad is a Hawthorn supporter and if I ever have kids hopefully I can get them to support the Mighty Hawks.

I like the brown and gold colours, pity the people conducting the marketing research is telling the hierarchy otherwise :p.

I like that the club knows what it is doing from ceo and board level, down to the coaching staff and the players themselves.

I am so glad that my grandfather supporter and got a job at Hawthorn (thus I was born in the brown and gold family) over other teams. No way would I enjoy being a Carlton or Collingwood supporter or even a Sydney Swans supporter that many of my relatives are :eek:.

Gold'en Brown just like beer.

I like just quietly enjoying being back-to-back premiers, and not shoving it in my colleagues' faces. They're probably jealous enough as it is, cos they know I've experienced two periods of success in my lifetime - 1980s thru 91, and 2008 to now. ;) I don't count the late 1970s, cos I was too young.

It's great to be born into a Hawthorn family and pass it down to your children. My dad is a Hawthorn supporter and if I ever have kids hopefully I can get them to support the Mighty Hawks.
And how lucky i am, my father is a Saint, luckily i had some very influential Hawks uncles :D Praise the lords

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank god my dad had a friend whose old man used to take them to Glenferrie when he was young, otherwise I could be a Norf supporter like the rest of his family, or worse yet, an Essendon fan like my mum. Funny to think she used to in the cheersquad at Windy Hill, and her sons hate the Bombers with timeless loathing.

And also thank god one of my other uncles got my dad onto Hawthorn instead of Richmond. Richmond and Carlton, I've dodged two bullets there!

I like that I got to see most of them live instead of during the Jurassic period where supporters of the self-proclaimed 'Big 4' boast most of their flags from, probably as players were dodging T-Rexs when shooting for goal...

I like that I got to see most of them live instead of during the Jurassic period where supporters of the self-proclaimed 'Big 4' boast most of their flags from, probably as players were dodging T-Rexs when shooting for goal...
Come on, 1980's not that long ago!

Is it wrong that this is the reason I haven't bought any B2B stuff yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back