Is half-time too long?

iv never understood why you would play an hr of footy and then go and sit in the change rooms on a hard concrete floor with your back against a hard concrete wall and then get up do a slight jog and a few stretches and go play for an hr again
id be doing everything i could to stop muscles tightening
and sighting on a concrete floor isnt going to help

leekok

Cancelled
I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Dec 7, 2013
offline, online whilst posting
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hide the sausage
iv never understood why you would play an hr of footy and then go and sit in the change rooms on a hard concrete floor with your back against a hard concrete wall and then get up do a slight jog and a few stretches and go play for an hr again
id be doing everything i could to stop muscles tightening
and sighting on a concrete floor isnt going to help
Surely wouldn't be too much of an ask to supply seats for them.

Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Etihad Stadium in particular, it's very hard to get to the toilet and back in 20 minutes. This may sound insane if you haven't been there for a 50,000 crowd game, but it takes 5 mins alone just to get to the concourse from the fence a lot of the time. Not saying we should change the length of the time, but 20 isn't exactly too much time. If you do two things at halftime (like toilet and food), you'd struggle with 20 mins in a packed stadium.

Especially women. Their toilet line is horrific in every stadium.

Godchin

Club Legend
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
It's fine.

The change of innings break in ODI's and the lunch break in tests on the other hand...

Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Certainly not. 1 for the players and 2 for the spectators. 2 mainly due to the fact that you can enjoy the break, have a beer and pie and it is the perfect time so that you are pumped up for the second half. if it is too short then you are not as pumped, you see.

Back