List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Gore looks like a real player. Would be a handy addition

Doesn't seem to have a left, it is very unauthadox, it could be effective only one example shown. I'm big on dual sidedness, just gives you twice the options which in tern gives you more time. Ala Sam Mitchel.

no offence but you are extremely negative. Im blocking you.

Ohkaaay? Was just a comment, thought it was worth mentioning

...2 days pass

Perhaps I'm being over sensitive here, but how can you not take offense when you are told your "are extremely negative" publicly suggesting I am deserving off being blocked. Then no support forthcoming from anyone.

Granted I am a big supporter of club decisions and look to support whipping boys. This is unpopular and often controversial but "extremely negative" I am not.

I have no problem with posters blocking me, but If you are going to public personal statements you need to be on solid ground. I have checked my posts, I cannot see how anyone could argue I am excessively negative? As for my statement on Gore, in hindsight I would change my comment to "He looks the goods, but does he have a left foot, the limited footage looks unorthodox?"

Anyway, I have said my piece, everyone is rightfully caught up in the fun and excitement of the draft.

...2 days pass

Perhaps I'm being over sensitive here, but how can you not take offense when you are told your "are extremely negative" publicly suggesting I am deserving off being blocked. Then no support forthcoming from anyone.

Granted I am a big supporter of club decisions and look to support whipping boys. This is unpopular and often controversial but "extremely negative" I am not.

I have no problem with posters blocking me, but If you are going to public personal statements you need to be on solid ground. I have checked my posts, I cannot see how anyone could argue I am excessively negative? As for my statement on Gore, in hindsight I would change my comment to "He looks the goods, but does he have a left foot, the limited footage looks unorthodox?"

Anyway, I have said my piece, everyone is rightfully caught up in the fun and excitement of the draft.

I didn't think your posts were overly negative at all, just offered a different perspective which is what a forum is all about. It was an odd reaction to your post I thought... Wouldn't worry about it. Things are so easily misconstrued through the medium of text

...2 days pass

I was expecting tigs2010 to jump to your defence as he is the defender of the weak and protector of the innocent! So i didn't bother.

At 186cm and 95kgs does anyone else think Petracca is a bit on the heavy side? You'd think his playing weight will only get heavier. Just feel as though 95-98kgs is far to heavy for a midfielder. Obviously won't be a endurance athlete. One would think that St Kilda would be after a fully blown midfield jet for the number one overall. Wonder why Brayshaw isn't in the picture...

For a comparative. Jobe Watson is around 95-97kgs, but is around 191cm at height.

Luke Hodge is around 185cm and 90 odd kgs. Never really been a Full time mid though.

Our very own Dustin Martin is listed on the rfc website at 187 and 90. Has never been classified as a full time mid.

His endurance is only so so but it will build and he has proven he has the work ethic to improve it off his own bat as it was the biggest question going into the season. Couple that with elite agility and I think his size will be a massive advantage like Dusty as he won't lose any athleticism.

His endurance is only so so but it will build and he has proven he has the work ethic to improve it off his own bat as it was the biggest question going into the season. Couple that with elite agility and I think his size will be a massive advantage like Dusty as he won't lose any athleticism.
Sounds like he's not going to be a full time mid. I thought the saints would prefer a full time mid. Just don't understand why Brayshaw isn't in contention?

At 186cm and 95kgs does anyone else think Petracca is a bit on the heavy side? You'd think his playing weight will only get heavier. Just feel as though 95-98kgs is far to heavy for a midfielder. Obviously won't be a endurance athlete. One would think that St Kilda would be after a fully blown midfield jet for the number one overall. Wonder why Brayshaw isn't in the picture...

For a comparative. Jobe Watson is around 95-97kgs, but is around 191cm at height.

Luke Hodge is around 185cm and 90 odd kgs. Never really been a Full time mid though.

Our very own Dustin Martin is listed on the rfc website at 187 and 90. Has never been classified as a full time mid.

It's probably why he's already having hip issues

Sounds like he's not going to be a full time mid. I thought the saints would prefer a full time mid. Just don't understand why Brayshaw isn't in contention?

There was a worry Cotch wouldn't be a full time mid too. Sometimes you take the risk for the superior product.

All the talk that I am hearing is we are into Ellis for our first pick.
My understanding is that he is a utility and not a full time genuine mid can anyone confirm or deny this?
My concern is we have plenty of utility types that can run thru the middle but a real lack of genuine quality Mids...

Genuine mids
Cotchin, Miles, Ellis, ?.

Utility types
Conca, lids, Martin, Grigg, Newman, Lennon, Gordon, vlastuin

I think we need a centre man, rover and winger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ellis is one of bigger accumulators in this years draft. Only player I can think of who racks up more of it and is expected to go high is Brayshaw, then in the second round the likes of Neal Bullen and Blakely are the more full time midfielders.

Don't like it don't read it, if you have something constructive to say go ahead otherwise you can join the train with all the other keyboard antagonists...lol
Was just thinking that there is 74 pages already dedicated to it but I guess you've just narrowed it down to a midfielder.......carry on.

anyone else get the feeling that no matter who we get at #12, there will be people that are upset about it in some way?

They will be but they will have there reasons which is fair enough. My only problem will be if people are upset cause we have supposedly drafted a dud for which i am 90% we won't for there will be a s**t load of talent available at our pick and its just a matter of how well they develop over the coming years that will justify our decision to pick them over someone else.

They will be but they will have there reasons which is fair enough. My only problem will be if people are upset cause we have supposedly drafted a dud for which i am 90% we won't for there will be a s**t load of talent available at our pick and its just a matter of how well they develop over the coming years that will justify our decision to pick them over someone else.
exactly, Drafting is for 5-10+ years not just 2015

I'm sold on Corey Ells. Don't really care much about his pace. If he can average 22 disposals and 5 clearances and can damage oppositions with his ball use and decision making i'm sold. In addition to that he can play any role.
It will all come down to the draft as a whole. If they are all slow then we ****ed up. If we get pace later then we've done well.

anyone else get the feeling that no matter who we get at #12, there will be people that are upset about it in some way?
Yep I'm gunna go ape s**t no matter what. Can't believe FJ isn't going to pass on pick 12. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back