Australian Open 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This event will become a rip off if it is not already! Does Tennis Australia has any idea how to run a slam?? I am starting to doubt that they do!! What is the number 2 court at the Australian Open? Margaret Court Arena or Hisense Arena!! Better work that out!! I just want to see basically Rafa and hopefully he plays on Hisense one time!! The middle Saturday ground pass is a joke!! They are skimming there fans and they continue and people still rock up!!! Gone are the days when you can use the five day ground pass on the weekend!!
Of course MCA is now...... Pretty obvious....

Why are they doing this, do not understand considering the smaller capacity of MCA. o_O

For that reason, more seats available at Hisense for Ground pass so they can get more people with a ground pass seats while people curious to see the new mca will buy a resevred seat. Hisense was always a little bit of a struggle to fill the stadium so I think way it will. MCA is meant to become the 2nd court.

For that reason, more seats available at Hisense for Ground pass so they can get more people with a ground pass seats while people curious to see the new mca will buy a resevred seat. Hisense was always a little bit of a struggle to fill the stadium so I think way it will. MCA is meant to become the 2nd court.

Yeah I guess there will be that novelty/curiosity factor.

I am too cheap to have those. :D

Will be moooore than happy to go Hisense. I usually go once every few years, this will definitely change my mind about attending now.

The rise of Kyrios snd Kokkinakis will present some scheduling dilemmas accross the show courts along with Hewitt, Tomich, Murray, Nadal, Federer, Warinka, Nishikori and Djokovitch

Not really. With 3 major show courts, plus sc2 and 3 its not too hard to schedule.

Of course it can be done, point was they will have some difficult decisions given they often only play one mens match on Rod Laver during the day.

Has Hewit played outside of Rod Laver in the last ten years?

Interesting...

SPORT
In 2015 history will be made. The Australian Open will kick off the biggest summer in sport and for the first time viewers will not only get to choose between matches on Seven and 7TWO, they will have the option of watching any one of seven matches during the day and three at night via Hybrid Broadband TV (HbbTV) on smart TVs, mobile and tablet devices.

Link

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Seven are going to multi channel and offer a streaming service (free or subscription?) maybe Foxtel won't be a broadcast partner next year.

I did some scrolling down that article to see if there was more than cousin jed quoted and I have to say you did a good job getting through all that to find the info on the tennis!!!

Anyone heard info/got more details about the Nadal charity event on Wed 14th Jan at MCA?

They really need to introduce a "super ticket" that guarantees a seat on any court. Buying 4 reserved tickets for each of MCA and Rod Laver, and then having to worry about getting seats on Hisense if a good match is there is a real pain in the arse. Last year I bought ground passes for some family friends who are at school so they could hold seats on outside courts for us and then when we wanted the outside courts they would take our centre court or hisense tickets. So annoying - can't I just pay x amount of money and get a quality seat on any court guaranteed?

They really need to introduce a "super ticket" that guarantees a seat on any court. Buying 4 reserved tickets for each of MCA and Rod Laver, and then having to worry about getting seats on Hisense if a good match is there is a real pain in the arse. Last year I bought ground passes for some family friends who are at school so they could hold seats on outside courts for us and then when we wanted the outside courts they would take our centre court or hisense tickets. So annoying - can't I just pay x amount of money and get a quality seat on any court guaranteed?
It would be cool but yeah hard to see the organisers coming to the party and agreeing with the idea. It will be interesting to see how much patronage Hisense gets over the tournament

Impossible, you don't want empty seats everywhere as it hurts the atmosphere and just doesn't make any business sense.

Anyone fancy taking an early outright winner bet?

Here's the odds for Men Singles.

Novak Djokovic - 2.25

Rafael Nadal - 6.5

Roger Federer - 8

Andy Murray -9

Stan Wawrinka 15

Can Stan defend his title? Will Rafa come back all guns blazing? Will Roger's back be ok? Can Andy spring to life?

It's hard to answer YES to all these questions when you've got Nole in imperious form.

Anyone fancy taking an early outright winner bet?

Here's the odds for Men Singles.

Novak Djokovic - 2.25

Rafael Nadal - 6.5

Roger Federer - 8

Andy Murray -9

Stan Wawrinka 15

Can Stan defend his title? Will Rafa come back all guns blazing? Will Roger's back be ok? Can Andy spring to life?

It's hard to answer YES to all these questions when you've got Nole in imperious form.
I can't go past Nole, even at them short odds in a 128horse race. I think Fed will continue his good form but if he runs in Rafa like last AO he's gone. Stan was hot in the tour finals so he could make a shake at it. He seems to produce his best tennis in January so I can't write him off. Murray would have to make a total overhaul of his game to have a chance, way too defensive to match it with the best these days. Would like to see a Monfils/Raonic/Nishikori/Tsonga make it deep into the 2 weeks but they'd need a fair bit of luck. Would be a romantic story if Rafa could get the chocolates but personally I don't see it happening.

So you get access to all outside courts with the MCA pass, as well as if you got a Ground Pass? And effectively the $21 difference is for the novelty of the upgraded MCA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back