Universal Love Congratulations Hawthorn, IRS winners 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 19, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Dallas Cowboys
Great game. Hodge and Mitchell dominant. Breust played his role and the Birch was great of half back. Coached by the master of course. Hodge and Mitchell could have raffled the Jim Stynes medal but it went to Luuuuuke Hodge, no surprises. Great to see Hodge and Selwood holding up the cup.

Hodge and Mitch lead the way and were dominant across half back. Hodge controlled the game and setup, Mitch controlled the flow and set up play. Great way to cap of the year.

Great game. Hodge and Mitchell dominant. Breust played his role and the Birch was great of half back. Coached by the master of course. Hodge and Mitchell could have raffled the Jim Stynes medal but it went to Luuuuuke Hodge, no surprises. Great to see Hodge and Selwood holding up the cup.

Hodge and Mitch lead the way and were dominant across half back. Hodge controlled the game and setup, Mitch controlled the flow and set up play. Great way to cap of the year.

Breust had a terrible game! But then at least there weren't any dummy-spits or Christ the Redeemers out of any of them on the night (compared to McV & Dangerzone)

Terrible striking for goal all around, and fullforwards nowhere to punch through when it hit the deck. The amount of shots that were effectively passes to the Goalie were terrible.

Overall though, those are the only complaints- great game and go Hodgey!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to the game and it was a sensational night. After the Irish, the Hawks were probably the next best represented team. Lots of "Go Hawks" and high fiving, especially after Hodge won BOG.

The highlight of our night was during the post-match lap, Hodgey saw my son in a Hawks jumper, made a bee-line for him, offered to have a photo together, and the result is below. Hodgey just locked in one more kid as a lifetime Hawk supporter. He is an absolute monument to the game, and may just be the best person ever to be a person! Hodgey & Jay 22 11 14 small.jpg

Was at the game as well. Was a really good spectacle. Far exceeded my expectations. Even the garbage-throwing Mexican wave was pretty fun.

Of course, great to see our hawks boys dominate for Australia. Cream rises to the top, even in an all-australian side!

The highlight of our night was during the post-match lap, Hodgey saw my son in a Hawks jumper, made a bee-line for him, offered to have a photo together, and the result is below.
Fantastic photo you got there, just from the background you can tell where & when it was taken and you've captured both of the boys focus & attention perfectly and even made good use of the sunset shadows to bring out definition on their faces. Print it out poster size, it's going straight to the pool room! :D

match winning save at the end tho !!
It would have put them 4 points down with only a minute to go, so not necessarily match winning, more like face saving.

There have been many players pass through the doors at Glenferrie and Waverley over the decades, a number of them making considerable contributions to the successes of the Hawthorn Football Club. Many would look to Lethal Leigh Matthews as the greatest of them all, and few could argue that.

However, I would say that the player who has possibly had the greatest impact on the Hawthorn club since Graham Arthur is none other than Luke Hodge. By "impact", I mean that back in 1955 when Arthur walked into the club, he engendered an imagination about the Hawthorn club, that had people believing something was actually going at a club who had been cellar dwellers for 30 years. I believe Hodge is having a similar impact on how people are viewing the club, and the way thousands of kids look up to him as their role model.

I made the comment many years ago when everyone was Judd happy, that by the time their careers were over, Hodge will have made a greater contribution to the game than Judd. People laughed at the time, but I think I got that one right.

There have been many players pass through the doors at Glenferrie and Waverley over the decades, a number of them making considerable contributions to the successes of the Hawthorn Football Club. Many would look to Lethal Leigh Matthews as the greatest of them all, and few could argue that.

However, I would say that the player who has possibly had the greatest impact on the Hawthorn club since Graham Arthur is none other than Luke Hodge. By "impact", I mean that back in 1955 when Arthur walked into the club, he engendered an imagination about the Hawthorn club, that had people believing something was actually going at a club who had been cellar dwellers for 30 years. I believe Hodge is having a similar impact on how people are viewing the club, and the way thousands of kids look up to him as their role model.

I made the comment many years ago when everyone was Judd happy, that by the time their careers were over, Hodge will have made a greater contribution to the game than Judd. People laughed at the time, but I think I got that one right.

I reckon you are spot on there AH. Hodge's stature has grown exponentially in his twilight years whereas Judd is fading into distant memories, clouded with some rather unfavourable activities (eye-gouging and sleeper holds). No doubt Judd led the way in the early years with his explosive playmaking but, as they say, life (and a football career) is a marathon, not a sprint. I have been following the Hawks for a long, long time, through all the premierships. In my mind, Hodgey stands in rarified air when it come to Hawthorn greats. Up there with the best of them. Destined to be one of the Immortals.

Note, there are no puff-piece adjectives used here to describe the man from Colac, nor are they needed. It is just the way it is.

Went to the game and it was a sensational night. After the Irish, the Hawks were probably the next best represented team. Lots of "Go Hawks" and high fiving, especially after Hodge won BOG.

The highlight of our night was during the post-match lap, Hodgey saw my son in a Hawks jumper, made a bee-line for him, offered to have a photo together, and the result is below. Hodgey just locked in one more kid as a lifetime Hawk supporter. He is an absolute monument to the game, and may just be the best person ever to be a person!View attachment 93798

That sent tingles down my spine, Budgey. Could you imagine Judd doing that?

Na, apparently Hodge is a stat whore, overrated, unworthy of all the accolades he's received, runs around at half back without an opponent padding his stats, blah blah blah......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back