Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh it was only 1 running session - but good signs nonetheless.

I meant that it was one persons observation on one sprint. Did the poster exaggerate, was Jones thinking he was in a race against Toumpas, which angle was the observer watching from, i.e. if it was directly behind it's hard to know, etc. etc.

Like you, I'd love it to be true. I've always wondered what impact surgery on each hip could actually have and what time frame it may take to regain full movement and strength. I've been surprised by how slow Toumpas has looked, because when I watched him in juniors it never crossed my mind.

Given a choice I'd still choose Petracca/Brayshaw, however it's virtually certain to be McCartin/Brayshaw and I salivate at the prospect of Hogan and McCartin for a decade.

Occasionally I read posters wonder whether Hogan/McCartin will work, or whether they're too similar and I chuckle a little each time. Hogan is a hard leading CHF, who is also capable very close to goal, while McCartin will play more of the anchor role. For me it's a perfect combination and one that footy clubs would love to replicate, but unfortunately quality key forwards don't grow on trees.

I don't care how much the game changes there will always be room for at least two genuine power forwards in a team. How good would it be to have our own version of Alistair Lynch and Jonathan Brown ?

Hopefully one of them tries to break the jaw of ( insert KD ) here one day

While watching the cricket last night with 10 overs to go I said to myself if Australia wins this Melbourne will not take Brayshaw and McCartain in draft. I have done things like this before and has been correct, I hope I'm not right this time though.
Idiot!! Everyone knows, you don't make deals with the devil! Least which to win an ODI at the expense of the MFC!

Damn you.

Given a choice I'd still choose Petracca/Brayshaw, however it's virtually certain to be McCartin/Brayshaw and I salivate at the prospect of Hogan and McCartin for a decade.

Occasionally I read posters wonder whether Hogan/McCartin will work, or whether they're too similar and I chuckle a little each time. Hogan is a hard leading CHF, who is also capable very close to goal, while McCartin will play more of the anchor role. For me it's a perfect combination and one that footy clubs would love to replicate, but unfortunately quality key forwards don't grow on trees.

I don't care how much the game changes there will always be room for at least two genuine power forwards in a team. How good would it be to have our own version of Alistair Lynch and Jonathan Brown ?

Especially when one of them can get on his bike and go for a run.

Question Demons fans..

If you could go back to 2013 draft, would you take Cripps over Christian Salem. Feel Salem more skilful player but Crippa better mid and inside work what Demons could use right about now while Blues could use skilful player like Christian
Nah.

Same here, they would compliment each other perfectly.

Sure, they're both similar sizes and are good contested players - that'll just be brilliant for us when we have two beast forwards in 5 years (touch wood).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I meant that it was one persons observation on one sprint. Did the poster exaggerate, was Jones thinking he was in a race against Toumpas, which angle was the observer watching from, i.e. if it was directly behind it's hard to know, etc. etc.

Like you, I'd love it to be true. I've always wondered what impact surgery on each hip could actually have and what time frame it may take to regain full movement and strength. I've been surprised by how slow Toumpas has looked, because when I watched him in juniors it never crossed my mind.

Yeh.

I've been keen on two mids with picks 2 & 3 for awhile now, but I'm starting to really warm to the idea of McCartin. The main reason is to give Hogan some assistance, both on the ground and expectations. Having two big young key forwards in the team together will definitely help each other.

Not that I've changed my mind the Saints will probably now take him @ 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back