Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Who will we draft? edition

Pick 11 - Who will it be

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/25586118/younger-mcgovern-on-the-rise/
The Weekend West understands there has been a spike in interest in the 191cm goal kicker since last month's national combine.

Several clubs are considering using a selection early in the draft's second round.

St Kilda, Greater Western Sydney, the Western Bulldogs and Carlton need forward-marking options and have selections in the 22-30 bracket.

The Eagles are believed to be interested in having both brothers playing for them, although the younger McGovern is every chance to be gone by their second selection at No.32.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/25586121/giants-wont-risk-pickett/

Greater Western Sydney are likely to use the fourth selection in Thursday's national draft to secure Jarrod Pickett, and Collingwood are circling at No.5 should the Giants overlook the South Fremantle young gun.

With Pickett certain to be off the table by pick 11, West Coast are understood to be targeting another midfielder.

The Eagles have put considerable work into Nakia Cockatoo this month but will have to weigh up whether to risk their first pick on a player who missed most of the season with a foot injury.

bradee

Senior List
Sep 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
So just got back from international rules and had a brief exchange with simpson.Heres how it went.

Me:hey simmo tell it to me straight,who are we drafting with pick 11?

Simpson:laughter

Simpson :best available mate

Me:surely we want a midfielder at that pick?

Simpson:laughter

Simpson:As I said,best available.

Me:can I give you some advice?

Simpson:certainly

We need to strengthen that midfield,we need quality mids.

Simpson :I will take that on board

This was followed by more laughter from simpson,who then turned away and talked to his kids.

So I got donuts,which I expected,but thought id have a crack anyway.i got a chuckle out of the standard ' best available'line and simmo got a chuckle out of some random supporter trying to give him advice :p

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Would i be right to assume the salary cap lodgement get finalised at the end of draft period when lists are finalised ?
Looks like we have a fair bit of room in our cap as we have renegotiated a few big contracts of late .
Darling , shuey and priddis have all renegotiated a season before being out of contract .
I guess we are front loading some contracts now so we have cap room in years to come .
Add that to the fact we can now bank 5% of next years cap to use in 2016 I think we may be looking for a big free agent trade next year

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
I'd rather invest in an u18 player at that pick. I guess the WCE just threw their arms in the air and said 'we are unable to identify a sliding talent' so the MO is take a Claremont player they are familiar with and watch every day.

Masto - great to wake up on a Sunday to see that you have come back to your old pet hate of everyone Claremont is over-rated and WCE are biased blue and gold. Oh well, we really must be completely bereft or reasons given the long wait for the draft. My view if that the depth in this year says we would be crazy to take McGov at 32 and if someone does, then it will be elevating excellent talent at 51.

On the other hand, if we were to recruit Waterman, Abbot, McGovern and Lim (plus Hardesty as a rookie), it means they could be all playing together at East Perth Eagles. This could mean that the non Royals academy are forced to mix and hence pass to a non Royal academy team mate!!

INSANE

Club Legend
Jan 28, 2009
deranged
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arjen Robben
Can't wait to read the reactions on here when we take McGovern at 32 and then Clem Smith with our next pick! :p
Same. I'm obviously a fan of the Eagles, but when we aren't so good I get as much joy seeing people breakdown on here as I do seeing the Eagles successful.....yeah I know, I'm a sicko.

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
so pickett going at 4 could really change the draft. all these 118 pages will have been for nothing. I did say miles earlier that jarrod said gws were going to use their 1st pick on him and it didnt matter if it was number 1 and that he and wright last year were regarded as number 1 n 2 if they were of age last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back