IRS - Australia v Ireland Game 1

the atmosphere at the city end was amazing tonight. so many irish in full voice in a very friendly atmosphere. hell the irish were singing the aussie national anthem

the pre game and post game festival was awesome too

i just wish it had a second leg in adelaide

Actually it was a HE....

shooter-mcgavin.gif

:D ( apt seeing it was on tonight )
Poor form Crow

Geelong supporter. That's all you need to understand. They post more about Hawthorn than they do their own club. Strange people.
Oh how nice to throw us all in the one basket.

Oh and Pot.Kettle.Black:)

May 11, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
If the Irish had their best team on the park, we'd of had an amazing game.

Plus I reckon with Australia taking it way more seriously, you'll have the Irish become more acclimatised to tackling/preparing for it more diligently.

Thinking the series might start to be what it was always supposed to be in the next few years. The opportunity for the best of their countries to represent.

The breed

Team Captain
Sep 7, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I thought us and Crows supporters are bad, but man, Cats and Hawks fans, wow, there's some real hate there lol

Back to the game, I've never been the biggest fan of this concept, but have to admit, I enjoyed tonight

Also, credit to the WA public, great atmosphere

Lastly, tonight, I personally cheered every Aussie, regardless of who they play for. It was actually nice to cheer for Danger and Brodie

If the Irish had their best team on the park, we'd of had an amazing game.

Plus I reckon with Australia taking it way more seriously, you'll have the Irish become more acclimatised to tackling/preparing for it more diligently.

Thinking the series might start to be what it was always supposed to be in the next few years. The opportunity for the best of their countries to represent.

i just wish there was a second leg going to the oval in adelaide

irish crowd in perth was pretty damn epic!!!

pablo668

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
Claremont
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Was an enjoyable game to watch I thought.
I reckon the Irish in general are fast and very skilful. Considering that the face of it they are an amateur comp, they match up to us well.
Happy to see the Aussies get up, and happier still that it all seemed to go over in the right spirit, both on field and off.

Very happy that my hometown turned out in big numbers to watch.

Aug 31, 2010
Port Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
It's a stupid game let's face it.
Near as boring as the cricket.
We should get them to field an AFL team with the intention of getting other countries to play AFL too, have a World Series every now and then. Bring good players to australia.
This mutant game is pathetic and an embarrassment.
Wrong.

Why were there so few ball ups compared to an AFL game?

The ball didn't get locked up much at all.

Because you can easily knock out a round ball to the advantage of your teammates. Also the tackling isn't as intense.

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
The Irish coverage this year is being done by our Irish language station, so unless you can understand commentary as gaeilge then you'd be stuffed! They do have an Aussie guy on for some brief comments from him in English.
Do you know who the aussie guy was?

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Whilst the Ned Kelly Trophy for most violent player goes to no-one
Riewoldt (umps) Fletcher (when shoved into post) and Selwood (last 2min) only nominations but nothing eventuated into anything serious callous

Back