Fyfe out of IRS

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't able to watch it but from what I heard it was a good showing

Any injuries to the Aus players?

Yeah it was really great. The key to the whole thing is the talent and attitude of the players. when it looked like Aus were going to hammer them the crowd was sort of flat and when the Irish turned up the crowd really got into it. The afl needs to keep playing the best players and the Irish need to as well.

Also NicNat is as good at IR football as he is at AFL

Last edited:
If players show a little heart and go okay in this, imagine how they'd go in State of Origin?

Fyfe 2 Swallow 2 O'Meara 2 Franklin 2 Sonny and Ballas....... 2 goals!

The Irish were totally uncontested in the first, Australia were hard at the ball and the aerial contest. The Irish fell apart under intense tackling pressure around goal, the Aussie team never stopped chasing... until after the first quarter.

We were miles up and they took their foot off the pedal.

Nic Nat had a great tackle.

There was so much beer thrown in the air during that mexican wave, my hair smelled of beer getting ice cream after.

Good date :)

If Australia was playing this game internationally Nic Nat would be our most valuable player. I know that won't be popular but he won every tap to advantage and we won practically every clearance running into attacking zones, if we could deliver the ball forward with any accuracy (notice the new boundary lines Montagna?) then we could capitalise on that dominance but it didn't happen.

The Aussie team ran harder to support and pressure when not in possession, that's why we won.

If Australia was playing this game internationally Nic Nat would be our most valuable player. I know that won't be popular but he won every tap to advantage and we won practically every clearance running into attacking zones, if we could deliver the ball forward with any accuracy (notice the new boundary lines Montagna?) then we could capitalise on that dominance but it didn't happen.

The Aussie team ran harder to support and pressure when not in possession, that's why we won.
There were six ball ups. Give a team a week and they would figure the ball ups out and how to limit the influence. The rest of the game he made a tackle, and three handballs one was an awful turnover. Carrying NicNat for 6 center clearances wasn't worth it.

I'm neither a lover nor a hater of IR - I liked it to start with, then I lost interest for a while, but the strength of the latest team piqued my interest enough to record it. Glad I did, pretty entertaining game.

NicNat is a ******* good player to watch when he isn't wearing a jumper you hate. The eagles have robbed me of the opportunity to actually enjoy watching a pretty unique talent... just when I thought I couldn't hate those campaigners any more. Don't get me wrong - he's still pretty useless most of the time, but when it comes to tapping the football he's pure poetry in motion.

I couldn't barrack for StevieJ or Selwood no matter how hard I tried. NicNat is just a good lad trapped in a bad team, but those cheating campaigners are cheating campaigners regardless of the clothes you dress them in. I'm not about to forgive bitter past encounters just because they're purporting to represent my nation. Like they say in England - putting country ahead of club is for no-mark supporters of crap clubs.

I can see why Fyfe wanted to play. Forget any faux-patriotic bullshit, it would have been an absolute honour to play alongside the names who were out there last night. No way he would have pulled out if he didn't have to.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it was really great. The key to the whole thing is the talent and attitude of the players. when it looked like Aus were going to hammer them the crowd was sort of flat and when the Irish turned up the crowd really got into it. The afl needs to keep playing the best players and the Irish need to as well.

It occurred to me watching the game that if NicNat holds one of those marks it would be, Almost another, almost another mark of the year.

StevieJ was seriously good in the first half I watched. I like his antics, apart from staging for frees and Crowley has him seriously whipped whenever he plays Freo now anyhow!!

I'm neither a lover nor a hater of IR - I liked it to start with, then I lost interest for a while, but the strength of the latest team piqued my interest enough to record it. Glad I did, pretty entertaining game.

NicNat is a ******* good player to watch when he isn't wearing a jumper you hate. The eagles have robbed me of the opportunity to actually enjoy watching a pretty unique talent... just when I thought I couldn't hate those campaigners any more. Don't get me wrong - he's still pretty useless most of the time, but when it comes to tapping the football he's pure poetry in motion.

I couldn't barrack for StevieJ or Selwood no matter how hard I tried. NicNat is just a good lad trapped in a bad team, but those cheating campaigners are cheating campaigners regardless of the clothes you dress them in. I'm not about to forgive bitter past encounters just because they're purporting to represent my nation. Like they say in England - putting country ahead of club is for no-mark supporters of crap clubs.

I can see why Fyfe wanted to play. Forget any faux-patriotic bullshit, it would have been an absolute honour to play alongside the names who were out there last night. No way he would have pulled out if he didn't have to.

Yes his 4 possessions and dropped chest mark was a pleasure to watch.

yet the WCE camp believe he played well? truly blind

Naitanui was apparently very heavily managed in terms of the time he spent on the ground. Was only a few minutes a quarter so it was really more of a marketing thing to have him out there. He was super impressive in the ruck, which is what he is, a very good tap ruckman who can bullock in the clearances and go forward and take a grab too.

Naitanui was apparently very heavily managed in terms of the time he spent on the ground. Was only a few minutes a quarter so it was really more of a marketing thing to have him out there. He was super impressive in the ruck, which is what he is, a very good tap ruckman who can bullock in the clearances and go forward and take a grab too.

what was the height difference between him and moran? i thought moran did pretty well as outlet for irish out of defense in the 1st half.

Yes his 4 possessions and dropped chest mark was a pleasure to watch.

I don't know about you but I get plenty of pleasure from watching him drop mark after mark.

He only does one thing, but he does it well. He's beautiful to watch at ruck contests, after that he might as well not be playing.

Natanui was probably managed more on talent than on time. That speccy he dropped at the start of the game in the goalsquare was magnificent. And sure we got a lot of clearances but with that midfield, we could literally have a palm tree standing in the centre of the ground & still win them.

Let me guess, according to the Big Footy Eagles forum he should have won the medal as he was clearly best on ground.

Apparently Priddis should of played as well considering he Bradbury-ed a Brownlow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back