List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Watch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally If I had to choose someone who was going to sit under lynchs feet 80% of the game I'd rather Boston over Stanley..
Stanley doesn't have half the arsenal, the running patterns and smarts in general as Campbell..
Campbell used to turn all his opponents inside out anyone 1 on 1
I'd rather Stanley tagging

If only with pick 8 we pick up pickett..!! The kid equals goals smarts speed and defence!

Last edited:
Stanley is a great forward. Have wanted him back there again since 2012. Even made a thread about it once :p

Personally If I had to choose someone who was going to sit under lynchs feet 80% of the game I'd rather Boston over Stanley..
Stanley doesn't have half the arsenal, the running patterns and smarts in general as Campbell..
Campbell used to turn all his opponents inside out anyone 1 on 1
I'd rather Stanley tagging

If only with pick 8 we pick up pickett..!! The kid equals goals smarts speed and defence!

Disagree with all of that I personally think it's incorrect.

Also Picketts main weakness is his defensive running.

Nice 3/4 page write up in this weekends Bulletin about Langford. He seems to expect & hopes to go to the Suns at 8. Pies the only obstacle at 5. Seems genuinely keen to come and learn under Gaz and play for the rising Suns. Said he is best suited as a tall half fwd or a tall wingman.

Matchu or anyone else, how long will the AFL drafts be held at the GC for? Is there a contract before it moves elsewhere? What's the go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah can't say I'm big on Langford at 8 but definitely at 15.

Yeah can't say I'm big on Langford at 8 but definitely at 15.
From what I can gather if he's available at 8 he still will be at 15.

If GWS go for Goddard then Lever should be there at 8. But having said that do we back jack leslie in? Never expected him to even play last year and thought he did alright in his 2 games.. so much speculation based on not much.

I read something on the afl website that we were talking to Harrison Wigg. Premiership MVP for the under 18 champs would go alright. Played a similar role to sam colquhorn a couple of years ago who went undrafted but has done well on a rookie spot for port.

langford looks a bit awkward in the way he moves with the ball. i'm not convinced with the tall utility midfield type, or that sort of halfway between midfielder and KPF. guys like cale morton, jordan gysberts, tom swift, jack watts (to some extent), all tall and skinny (but not forwards) that have been flops.

i was hesitant about bontempelli last year, but he's proven me wrong and had a great year. him and pendlebury are the only 2 that sort of fit the type of player that langford seems to be similar to.

i see more need for a small forward or ruckman.

From what I can gather if he's available at 8 he still will be at 15.

If GWS go for Goddard then Lever should be there at 8. But having said that do we back jack leslie in? Never expected him to even play last year and thought he did alright in his 2 games.. so much speculation based on not much.

I read something on the afl website that we were talking to Harrison Wigg. Premiership MVP for the under 18 champs would go alright. Played a similar role to sam colquhorn a couple of years ago who went undrafted but has done well on a rookie spot for port.
Not keen on lever.. If it was mayb next year then I'd consider.. Already have a Tape and Schade waiting in the wings for a key back post. Surely schade will get delisted next year if he doesn't get game time this year

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back