Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Who will we draft? edition

Pick 11 - Who will it be

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
so pickett going at 4 could really change the draft. all these 118 pages will have been for nothing. I did say miles earlier that jarrod said gws were going to use their 1st pick on him and it didnt matter if it was number 1 and that he and wright last year were regarded as number 1 n 2 if they were of age last year.

Ahead of Boyd? I refuse to believe that.

Turky

Team Captain
Nov 18, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd be not then happy with Langford, able to play as 69kgs with kids 12 months older then him and play better then okay, that is just freakish. Nice and tall and with Lecras being about 28 and no other permanent forward except for cripps which isn't really that fantastic I think he fills a plethora of needs especially since he has the scope to play mid and he's 190cm, just put a bit of weight on his frame and you're laughing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
haha look where boyd is now. and yes I told everyone he would go with with their 1st pick at 4. people denied that too. im telling you craig lambert, sos and leon cameron were treating him like royalty. They sold him and the family the club like no other. Every years form is different.

Hard to believe they would have actually rated him ahead of Boyd and Kelly.

But easier to believe they might have told him they rated him higher than Boyd and Kelly.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Would i be right to assume the salary cap lodgement get finalised at the end of draft period when lists are finalised ?
Looks like we have a fair bit of room in our cap as we have renegotiated a few big contracts of late .
Darling , shuey and priddis have all renegotiated a season before being out of contract .
I guess we are front loading some contracts now so we have cap room in years to come .
Add that to the fact we can now bank 5% of next years cap to use in 2016 I think we may be looking for a big free agent trade next year

Well there are a few. Some are pretty loyal / happy where they are so very little chance of moving, others not so much.

Crotchin(Loyal and very well paid)
Dangerfield (Geelong)
Douglas - no idea
Hawkins (Lions)
M Kreuzer (Lions / Melbourne)
B Stanton (after spending part of 2015 suspended?) - (Swans if ban is lifted / Crows / Port)
M Stokes (Will stay and play for nothing if needed)
A Rance (loyal but GWS circling)
M Suckling - anyone
N Jones (Loyal and well paid)
A Swallow (Loyal)
J Steven - no idea
S Selwood (Loyal)
R Grey (Loyal)

Rorey Sloan out of contract but not a FA until 2016. Waiting and seeing what Dangerfield does. Sloan and Dangerfield are the two interesting players. They say they want to stay / love the boys and the club but why haven't they re-signed? Waiting on more money?

Plenty of talent in that list but I'd be most interested in Rorey Sloan and Robbie Grey. A graders > could be elite in the positions we are deficient.

Piss Poor

Cancelled
Aug 27, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
So just got back from international rules and had a brief exchange with simpson.Heres how it went.

Me:hey simmo tell it to me straight,who are we drafting with pick 11?

Simpson:laughter

Simpson :best available mate

Me:surely we want a midfielder at that pick?

Simpson:laughter

Simpson:As I said,best available.

Me:can I give you some advice?

Simpson:certainly

We need to strengthen that midfield,we need quality mids.

Simpson :I will take that on board

This was followed by more laughter from simpson,who then turned away and talked to his kids.

So I got donuts,which I expected,but thought id have a crack anyway.i got a chuckle out of the standard ' best available'line and simmo got a chuckle out of some random supporter trying to give him advice :p

what I think you missed is when Simpson turned away and said to his kids- "Kids go to the car, Ill be right behind you, I've got to get away from this annoying guy next to me";)

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
depends where we finish on the ladder if we finish top 8 we should target him,bottom 6 would have to see what talent is available in the draft.Goniglio probably isn't the saviour we need just a complimentary piece

If the pick we have is too high we could downgrade it as part of the deal.

bradee

Senior List
Sep 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
what I think you missed is when Simpson turned away and said to his kids- "Kids go to the car, Ill be right behind you, I've got to get away from this annoying guy next to me";)

lol he probably did say something like that to them to.But this was at quarter time,and he stayed until 5 mins left in the game and then left,so maybe just told them,this guy is annoying haha.

What surprised me was he wasn't behind glass windows in some corpotate box or something,to avoid people like me annoying him by giving some advice haha

Johnno22

Club Legend
Feb 8, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Carlton
Pick 11 Laverde/Wright/Durdin/Lever

Pick 32 Blakely/Smith

Pick 51 Smith/Hamilton

pick 69 Lonie/McGovern

F/Son :Waterman

Rookie Upgrade : Sinclair

Rookie : Lucas/Caleb Daniel

Cat B rookies: Anderson, Brophy.

Covers most of future needs.

Need to target Coniglio and Rich who are out of contract next year.

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Pick 11 Laverde/Wright/Durdin/Lever

Pick 32 Blakely/Smith

Pick 51 Smith/Hamilton

pick 69 Lonie/McGovern

F/Son :Waterman

Rookie Upgrade : Sinclair

Rookie : Lucas/Caleb Daniel

Cat B rookies: Anderson, Brophy.

Covers most of future needs.

Need to target Coniglio and Rich who are out of contract next year.

Need to watch Rich this year 1st.

May 18, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
lol he probably did say something like that to them to.But this was at quarter time,and he stayed until 5 mins left in the game and then left,so maybe just told them,this guy is annoying haha.

What surprised me was he wasn't behind glass windows in some corpotate box or something,to avoid people like me annoying him by giving some advice haha

I was in perth one weekend for a interview and got giving a geelong vs freo ticket, So i thought bugger it i will go i get to my seat and bang im sitting next to Simpson smack bang in the middle of the freo crowd !! My respect for him went up tenfold !!!!

so pickett going at 4 could really change the draft. all these 118 pages will have been for nothing. I did say miles earlier that jarrod said gws were going to use their 1st pick on him and it didnt matter if it was number 1 and that he and wright last year were regarded as number 1 n 2 if they were of age last year.

That is complete bullshit.

If GWS had pick one this year it wouldn't be used on Pickett.

You might want to make sure no one else actually can get info before sprouting such crap.

That is complete bullshit.

If GWS had pick one this year it wouldn't be used on Pickett.

You might want to make sure no one else actually can get info before sprouting such crap.
Would lol if saints take petracca as expected and Melbourne take a punt on lever to go with brayshaw meaning mccartin slides to Gws for pick 4. They won't take Pickett ahead of mccartin

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm not sure how significant this is or whether it's common knowledge RE: Ahern but I thought I'd post it.

Screenshot_2014-11-23-15-24-29.png

such is ben

Senior List
Jan 11, 2010
Punt rd. WA
AFL Club
West Coast
I tend to think people are overplaying midfielder's size (to the cm), and underplaying marking ability (although often these might come hand in hand). You Nat Fyfes and Pendleburys, although taller are very good marks, which adds another element to their game. Parker (not sure of his size) but although smaller, shows the ability to pluck the ball out of the air, thus making him difficult to man up on

Would lol if saints take petracca as expected and Melbourne take a punt on lever to go with brayshaw meaning mccartin slides to Gws for pick 4. They won't take Pickett ahead of mccartin
GWS rate Petracca higher than Pickett and would take him if available or if they had pick 1.

Since Boyd left they are debating whether or not to take a forward first or with there second.

If McCartin is available at 4 it'll create some discussion. They may think Pickett will still be around for there second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back