List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah its hard to tell.
Not every young bloke is a fully grown ,mature pillar of society at the age of 17/18.
They cant all be pigeon holed as future great leaders & out standing human beings as somebody like Luke Ball was.
Some are just pimply faced angry young men who need time.
The hawks have Buddy & Lake. Both are absolute dickheads. Multiple Premiership Dickheads.
Id take Lamb in a mint........errrr i mean minute:p
What a baaaaa-d joke.

Agree with the idea. We expect too much from 18yo boys really. Let's hope he can sort himself out.

I wouldn't be happy with a Fevola in my team, and I don't think said player was a success, given his potential. I also think he brought his teams down not up. Others may differ.

Anyone have an idea where Wigg will go?
images

Cal Tomey (?) thinks he is the best kick he has EVER seen in the u18, and a better kick than Guerra was.

How did we let Guerra go BTW?

That's a big wrap. I've heard throughout the year he's the best kick in this years draft. Very nice left boot on him but also decision making and ability to put himself in the right positions to find the footy is elite. The knock seems to be he's an average athlete, not being quick, and he's on the short side. Otherwise we would be talked about as a r1 pick.

That's a big wrap. I've heard throughout the year he's the best kick in this years draft. Very nice left boot on him but also decision making and ability to put himself in the right positions to find the footy is elite. The knock seems to be he's an average athlete, not being quick, and he's on the short side. Otherwise we would be talked about as a r1 pick.

Yeah well Wallace reckoned that Crocker was the best kick he ever saw in junior footy.

Delisted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was told we put a line through someone's name a couple of years ago because when our guys rang him a week or so before the draft, we asked him what he was doing and he said he was watching a DVD and when we dug a little bit deeper, we discovered that he had watched dozens of DVD's or movies in the previous week or so (like all day every day sort of thing) and we didn't like the fact that he wasn't working hard in preparation for potentially starting an AFL preseason in a week's time and figured he was lazy.

Terrific article in the Hun. Interesting that they said we didn't make the final decision on pick 1 until Wednesday. Looks like it might not have taken long for the news to get out though!
I wonder who that player was, and whether he is playing well now at a club.

i tell you what if i was about to earn a 100k contract at 18 and i had an interview with club recruiters at my house, i'd be cleaning that thing for a week. even the drive way would be good enough to eat steak off

and like you said i'd be s**t nervous about an AFL training load during pre-season and would be ramping it up before then to be ready
18 year olds that are not in the top 10 or 20 probably don't do the little things or the work.

Here is an interesting write-up on Lamb by Paige in her first mock draft back in June:

Pick 7: Carlton - Tom Lamb

Position: Forward/midfielder
Height: 192 cm, Weight: 83 kg, DOB: 19/10/1996
Club: Dandenong Stingrays
Projected Draft Range: Top 10
Plays Like: Brendon Goddard

It’s pretty easy to take notice of Tom Lamb, and that’s not just because of his mop of shaggy blonde hair. The gun Dandenong forward is one of the most offensive players in the draft, and it’s his ability to find the goals and mark the ball in dangerous areas that makes him such an exciting prospect. Lamb is often considered to be the barometer for Stingrays, and the AFL-AIS member was a standout during the tour of Europe. Impressing as a bottom-age player last season, Lamb initially made headlines for his 10-goal haul in the TAC Cup, but this year his development has seen him enjoy much more time through the midfield, a nightmare for opposition teams given his sheer size, speed, athleticism, strength and that he covers so much territory. Lamb is renowned for kicking bags of goals, whether on the run, from the boundary, a snap or a traditional mark and goal. No matter the situation, Lamb can be counted on to find a path to goal, and quite often is the man to have the final say on the outcome of the game. This was the case against Gippsland Power in round two, where he kicked six goals and single-handedly dragged his Dandenong side over the line, recording a 47-point turnaround to win by a point. He also iced the game against Metro in the Championships opener, kicking two final quarter goals after going largely unnoticed for the day. The next step for Lamb will to offer more of a permanent move to the midfield, where he looks to continue the trend of tall, goal-kicking midfielders. He does have the tendency to give away silly free kicks due to frustration, however he averages 15 disposals, 1.5 goals, 1.5 marks, 2.5 tackles, three clearances, eight contested possessions, three inside 50′s at 70 per cent disposal efficiency.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/paiges-2014-phantom-draft.1066470/

Didn't realise he'd kicked 10 in a TAC Cup game as an "underager" (and a very "underager", as he has a late year birthdate!)
Sounds a bit like Reiwoldt, just not as tall.

I wonder who that player was, and whether he is playing well now at a club.
I won't name names, but he didn't get draft or even rookied, even though he was someone that was being quite widely spoken about as likely to get taken in that national draft and I haven't heard of him since, probably because he didn't have the work ethic to match his obvious talent.

Lamb is a f uckwit, do not want within 5 kms of Seaford. Touk Miller is a jet, exquisite skills and does most things to perfection. Jack Lonie is a highly skilled small forward, will be a very good AFL player.
Whoever we pick I can tell you will be the best for us at that pick, don't second guess our recruiters, IMO they are the best in the AFL at this current time.

30-50. I like him at 41.
Looks like your boy Wigg and my boy Webb might go earlier than first anticipated, both gone before 41 is my prediction.

Still keen on Maynard, Cunico and Webb - probably just wont fall at the right picks for us.

So who does everyone think will surprise in the teens to allow some sliders? Menadue seems like one.

Sounds a bit like Reiwoldt, just not as tall.
A bit, but I think he is more Jared Brennan than Nick Riewoldt. As I've said plenty of times I think as you say Roo is more like 196cm, but Lamb is now just over 193cm and I think is still growing, so he may end up Nick's height by the time he stops growing. I'm not sure he's strong enough to play play key position like Nick does though and I also think Roo is more explosive, as Nick apparently recorded a 2.93sec 20m sprint at his draft camp, whereas I don't believe Tom got particularly close to that in his.

Lamb is a f uckwit, do not want within 5 kms of Seaford. Touk Miller is a jet, exquisite skills and does most things to perfection. Jack Lonie is a highly skilled small forward, will be a very good AFL player.
Whoever we pick I can tell you will be the best for us at that pick, don't second guess our recruiters, IMO they are the best in the AFL at this current time.
Even if we pick Lamb? :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back