Choco Williams - Diagnosed with Lymphoma

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw this as well, missed the mention of what type it actually was (not that it matters). Just heard growing larger and face...

Just saw this as well, missed the mention of what type it actually was (not that it matters). Just heard growing larger and face...
Hopefully they got it in time.

According to SEVEN News Mark Williams has been diagnosed with a lymphoma which is a blood cancer. There are two types Non Hodgkin and Hodgkin. The good news is the survival rates are quite high with Hodgkin being around 87% and Non Hodgkin being 71%. I have not read which type mark has and as I understand it he will undergo further testing. I am sure that Richmond Football Club will release more details at an appropriate time.

I am familiar with this cancer because my mother was diagnosed with Non Hodgkin about ten years ago. Mum's diagnosis was early and she survived after treatment. I can remember the doctor's words to us when Mum was first diagnosed, he said, Cancer is not good news but the good news is there is a high survival rate with this one.

More information on this cancer can be found at,

http://www.cancer.org.au/about-cancer/types-of-cancer/lymphoma.html

I wish Mark Williams and his family all the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club statement: Mark ‘Choco’ Williams
richmondfc.com.au
23 November 2014 6:49 PM

The Club wishes to advise that following recent tests, it has been confirmed that Mark ‘Choco’ Williams has been diagnosed with Lymphoma.

Mark will shortly begin treatment while continuing to carry out his role at the Club as Senior Development Coach.

“As we always do at Richmond, we’ll support Mark and his family during this time,” Dan Richardson, Richmond’s General Manager of Football said.

Mark, his wife Pauline and their family wish to thank in advance the Richmond Football Club and wider AFL community for their understanding, best wishes and support during this time.

Mark will not make any further comment during this time and the Club asks to respect the privacy of Mark and his family.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

*!
s**t luck - even if he wasn't at the Tigers I am sure we would all be wishing him well - especially as he is a great character and personality of the game...
We have too few of these.

Will fight it like a Tiger and will beat it!

More likely non Hodgkin's lymphoma at his age. I am same age as him and had it last year. Fully recovered now and I am sure Choco will fight through it

Glad to hear you have recovered CQTiger. I am really buoyed by your recovery.

Message to the MODS, can we as a board contact RFC official & send our collective well wishes to Mark Williams & let him know our thoughts are with him...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back