FTA-TV Uk cop shows - shadow line, top boy and more

Remove this Banner Ad

The Missing. 8 part BBC series about a kid that goes missing in Northern France.

It's gripping. The Pilot has just aired.

“Ours are never going swimming again,” says my missus. “Or to watch football, or to France, or out of the house. Or my sight.” Oh, dear. Perhaps it wasn’t a good idea to watch The Missing (BBC1). But it is testament to the power of brothers Harry and Jack Williams’s drama, about the disappearance of five-year-old Oliver from a family holiday in France.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/oct/29/the-missing-james-nesbitt-review

The Missing. 8 part BBC series about a kid that goes missing in Northern France.

It's gripping. The Pilot has just aired.

“Ours are never going swimming again,” says my missus. “Or to watch football, or to France, or out of the house. Or my sight.” Oh, dear. Perhaps it wasn’t a good idea to watch The Missing (BBC1). But it is testament to the power of brothers Harry and Jack Williams’s drama, about the disappearance of five-year-old Oliver from a family holiday in France.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/oct/29/the-missing-james-nesbitt-review

Sounds a rather familar storyline.Surely the idea has come about from Madeline McCann.

Not sure if we had a thread for it but The Fall season 2 airs next week for those that watch. Can't wait.

Apparently, it's out right now. At least, just aired in Ireland.

Seen a AD for "the missing" last night on foxtel pretty sure the first ep will air on the 30th Sunday at 8;30 on Bbc first.
Correct,they're running a double ep next sunday.I assume that's being done so they catch up to the UK who are about 4 eps into it

Correct,they're running a double ep next sunday.I assume that's being done so they catch up to the UK who are about 4 eps into it

Yep. the fifth episode airs this week coming. It's a great show.

Been watching The Fall and The Missing.

The Fall is brilliant as always. So much going on and keeps you entertained with the story being told (partly and in whole) by different points of view.

The Missing is also excellent. Only a few episodes in but I love anything that James Nesbitt is in. Great actor. I have had a theory on what's going on since episode 2 and we'll see if it pans out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the penultimate ep of The Missing last night. I didn't care for The Fall at all, but am enjoying TM very much.

Speaking of Nesbitt, are youse guys also getting Babylon? Comedy drama set around the Metropolitan Police (but a lot more fun than it sounds)? Very sharp and funny show.

Watched the penultimate ep of The Missing last night. I didn't care for The Fall at all, but am enjoying TM very much.

Speaking of Nesbitt, are youse guys also getting Babylon? Comedy drama set around the Metropolitan Police (but a lot more fun than it sounds)? Very sharp and funny show.

co-creator Danny Boyle, hmm, *rushes off to find copies*

Watched the first episodes of Babylon & The Missing, both look to be very good but the completely different Nesbitt characters means shelving one until I finish the other, too weird otherwise.

Glad you're enjoying it. I'm completely taken by it.

Going to be an interesting last episode. Can't help but think the whole sobriety coin is a little neat.

Plus, the whole show is about 'the missing'; not just Ollie but all the characters. Somehow think there will be a twist where Ollie's fate mirrors their own. Eg. the Britich cop is bound up in it in someway.

I quite enjoyed "The Fixer"

It only ran for two 6 episode seasons, so it had to get where it was going in a damn hurry.

Boiled down, it was about an off the radar government security division project employing an assassin to do their dirty work.

Glad you're enjoying it. I'm completely taken by it.

Going to be an interesting last episode. Can't help but think the whole sobriety coin is a little neat.

Plus, the whole show is about 'the missing'; not just Ollie but all the characters. Somehow think there will be a twist where Ollie's fate mirrors their own. Eg. the Britich cop is bound up in it in someway.

Yes, two really good shows, in very different ways.

Are you in the UK, then, grizzlym?

I quite enjoyed "The Fixer"

It only ran for two 6 episode seasons, so it had to get where it was going in a damn hurry.

Boiled down, it was about an off the radar government security division project employing an assassin to do their dirty work.

I liked that too, but no-one else I know watched it. I liked the lead guy; he has been a few different things on TV here recently. I think it may have suffered from the slightly snobbish "it's on ITV, so it must be rubbish" attitude that you sometimes come across here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back