Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood would be silly to overlook Wright.
They have no promising key fowards besides Moore.
They could set up their key big men stocks for the next 10 years in two picks

By comparison we have a dearth of size and high end quality in our midfield with Pendles the only full timer over 185cm and so many on the cusp that could go either way (Thomas, Adams, Broomhead, Freeman, Greenwood and Kennedy).

With the club so hot on Cox, Moore, Witts and Grundy I think they'll look to go midfield early and then see what happens later which might mean McKenzie if he slides or trade one of those ruckmen for a shot at a key forward sometime down the track. For instance with Giles gone if Mumford's body doesn't hold up Witts could conceivably be moved up north for Stewart or McCarthy.

It's all purely hypothetical, but putting two and two together from what's filtering out that appears to be their play over picking Wright.

Collingwood would be silly to overlook Wright.
They have no promising key fowards besides Moore.
They could set up their key big men stocks for the next 10 years in two picks

That is my Thinking too. That outside of Moore we just have Gault and I would not back him for being a 100+ Gamer

That's an unusual form of language you've got going at the cattery. Secret to success, perhaps? :p

If de goey doesn't go at 10, he is quite likely to go at 11. West coast are very keen on him also.
Yeah it seems as though De Goey is one of those guys that is rated higher by recruiters than alot of us here on bigfooty. I must admit I was a bit surprised when I first heard the news that he was likely to go in the top 10 or so.

Yeah it seems as though De Goey is one of those guys that is rated higher by recruiters than alot of us here on bigfooty. I must admit I was a bit surprised when I first heard the news that he was likely to go in the top 10 or so.
If we took him, the meltdown on our board would be epic, especially if we turned down cockatoo to get him.

I like him, personally. He wouldn't be the guy you choose top 5 IMO, but that pick 10/11 is probably about right. A few concerns about level of production to date, but a lot to work with.

If we took him, the meltdown on our board would be epic, especially if we turned down cockatoo to get him.

I like him, personally. He wouldn't be the guy you choose top 5 IMO, but that pick 10/11 is probably about right. A few concerns about level of production to date, but a lot to work with.
I'd definitely be taking him before Cockatoo that's for sure. Cockatoo is very high risk I would have thought and whilst personally I think that there might be better options at 10 or 11 De Goey looks to be a solid choice who you know won't let you down both physically and from a character point of view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They usually invite 12-15 potential draftees.

Thanks. I suppose that a late invite means either they are covering their bases or that they have been informed that those 2 players are indeed now to be picked in the top 10. Hard to read too much into it or you can read a lot into it!

According to Sam Cheeseburger at the HS, Carlton are huge fans of Marchbank and "couldn't call his name fast enough" if he makes it through to their pick and they reckon Essendon have done a heap of work over in Perth on Garlett. They reckon their mail is that Garlett will "definitely be gone" by Carlton's pick 19.
I like how they prefaced their Marchbank selection with "Carlton want a midfielder" and proceed to give us defender.

Thanks. I suppose that a late invite means either they are covering their bases or that they have been informed that those 2 players are indeed now to be picked in the top 10. Hard to read too much into it or you can read a lot into it!
Haha that's exactly what I was thinking. Who really knows what the hell it means. It throws up more questions than answers I would have thought. My guess is that some of those clubs towards the back end of the top 10 haven't made up their mind yet and the AFL are just trying to cover all of their bases.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back