South Africa in Australia (3 T20I's, 5 ODI's)

Remove this Banner Ad

Be honest, who is suprised that Smith has turned into a very very good batsman?

Me. 2 years ago I was calling him Smith the Unworthy. But he's matured with his mental approach to his batting. He bats for the long innings now, not just the quick 20 or 30 and then get out playing an aggressive shot.

Maxwell isn't even in that latter category right now - and gets out.

I was cringing when he was selected for Australia 3-4 years ago, thought he was just an all rounder who was a decent batter and a rubbish spinner.

Turned into a world class batsmen, very happy to say I was wrong.
Me too. Seemed like another Watto esque meat headed boundary hitter. Some talent but not enough to his game.

Turning out to be very wrong and I'm very happy about that.

Far as Maxwell if he never plays anything for Australia again (yes T20s included) I won't miss him.

I used to love the old days when all of the Aussies had to wear the same Albion brand of helmet. I hate all of the different brands and shapes etc

That's one hell of a nitpick

10808271_10152516799898527_1409471413_n.jpg

That's what u get for putting your spinner up the order to have a slap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think his place in the one day side was really in question.
Really?

Before today's innings he had 132 runs @ 16.5 in 2014 (H/S 49) combined with only 2 wickets from 28.4 overs @ 90.5 for 6.3RPO.

With Bailey, Smith, Finch all playing well and then there's Warner and assuming a spot will go to Clarke (fitness permitting) as well as 1 of Wade and Haddin. So the 7th batting spot would be between Watson, White (who's be very good for 2 years in ODD matches), and a combination of Marsh, Faulkner, Maxwell.

You bet Watson's spot was in doubt and I'd like to think despite today's dead rubber performance probably still is in doubt. Both Faulkner and Marsh are offering more with the ball atm as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back