Bomber suing Essendon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robinson is also on record saying that he ran a supplement program at Geelong. He never elaborated what those supplements were.

Ultimately it's about medical procedure / governance.

We had players being administered substances by people other than the club doctors.

If that was also the case at Geelong, questions need to be asked.

If not, it's fine. I think everybody is happy to trust the club doctors.

Say what you will, but that first day when Stephen Dank walked into Windy Hill with a twinkle in his eye and a case of vials in his shoulder satchel was, in retrospect, a very very good day for the Melbourne bar association.

Say what you will, but that first day when Stephen Dank walked into Windy Hill with a twinkle in his eye and a case of vials in his shoulder satchel was, in retrospect, a very very good day for the Melbourne bar association.

It's actually the Victorian Bar for barristers.
And the Law Institute for solicitors.

And, yes, it was a great day for both bodies!

Robinson is also on record saying that he ran a supplement program at Geelong. He never elaborated what those supplements were.
Are you sure about this-he was our strength and conditioning man and I have read he consulted with Dank but not sure I have read he ran a supp program?

Are you sure about this-he was our strength and conditioning man and I have read he consulted with Dank but not sure I have read he ran a supp program?
Steve Hocking directly told a fellow poster's husband that Robinson ran a supplements program. This happened when he was at Geelong. The husband was/is an exercise physiologist who visited the club to give advice on training. At the time Hocking said they weren't interested in his advice because of the successful supplements program Robinson was running.
Nothing else was said. Dank was not mentioned. The poster will not be identified for obvious reasons.

Didn't Geelong get anything and everything they were using cleared?

Of all course the stuff Dank was using at Essendon was all clear in 2006/07 too.

If not, it's fine. I think everybody is happy to trust the club doctors.
Most people would but Hird and Corcoran didn't pay heed to Doc Reid's advice.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Steve Hocking directly told a fellow poster's husband that Robinson ran a supplements program. This happened when he was at Geelong. The husband was/is an exercise physiologist who visited the club to give advice on training. At the time Hocking said they weren't interested in his advice because of the successful supplements program Robinson was running.
Nothing else was said. Dank was not mentioned. The poster will not be identified for obvious reasons.
Is that then hearsay or heresy?

So Robinson is not 'on record' as saying this?
And this is an account from someone who knows someone...

So Robinson is not 'on record' as saying this?
And this is an account from someone who knows someone...
If you are being pedantic, yes. Steve Hocking told this directly to this gentleman. The poster's story certainly checked out so I have no reason to believe they were making that portion up (associated news reports etc, etc). As I said, Dank was never mentioned.
I'm not saying banned substances were used. Many clubs probably had/have some sort of supplements program going. So I am just stating what was said and I can safely say this is factual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Geelong get anything and everything they were using cleared?

Of all course the stuff Dank was using at Essendon was all clear in 2006/07 too.

The afl audit of all clubs was a joke, remember it gave Melbourne the all clear, and just weeks later the dees story broke

We still need a proper independent audit of all club operations IMO

If you are being pedantic, yes. Steve Hocking told this directly to this gentleman. The poster's story certainly checked out so I have no reason to believe they were making that portion up (associated news reports etc, etc). As I said, Dank was never mentioned.
I'm not saying banned substances were used. Many clubs probably had/have some sort of supplements program going. So I am just stating what was said and I can safely say this is factual.
Yep and you may well have correct info but who knows? And why would you bother reporting an account of something that someone at the club, told someone's husband blah blah blah and then call it 'factual'. What do you mean the posters 'story checked out? Checked out with whom?

The afl audit of all clubs was a joke, remember it gave Melbourne the all clear, and just weeks later the dees story broke

Melbourne were rightfully cleared. There was no such drug program at Melbourne as there was at Essendon.

Haha, the indepth audit of 17 clubs that took three days?

A full investigation and review of everything would be in everybody's best interests - including the AFL - as they can use it as reliable evidence that the sport was/is clean and it's just one club that went rogue. Because the sports reputation isn't great at the moment.

its all about the plausible deniability.

guvanance shmuvanance. implausible undeniability (pleonasm)
I hardly think this is comparable to a CIA covert operation. Dank was NEVER employed by Geelong, never paid by Geelong.
Robinson was Geelong's Strength and conditioning coach.
"ASADA had drug testers there all the time, but there was certainly nothing sinister behind what we were doing.
"Do the simple things well was the philosophy and it was very, very simple what we were doing. There was no rocket science behind it."
"The club's doctors, and not any sport science staff, directly determine all treatments and the use of all supplements by players" Brian Cook CEO 2013

Cameron Ling re-iterates:
"Dean Robinson was part of our strength and conditioning group during that time (2007-2010) and (I was) very surprised to hear that anything wrong would have gone on, because certainly nothing like that ever happened while I knew him and while he had his time at Geelong.

"I can only talk from experience from my time as a player. That just didn't happen, it was not the culture at all.
"Always after the games we would have the protein shakes and I think the most disgusting thing we ever had was beetroot juice. Terrible tasting stuff.

"All of that is pretty common through most sporting organisations." - Cameron Ling

It appears no-one at Geelong was injected with anything in a secluded location, asked to sign waivers or take anything that was scrutinised by ASADA drug testers at the time.

Geelong's rise to the top was expected, have a look at the 2002 VFL Grand Final and see who played in that game, they then went within 9pts of a GF in 2004 and lost by 2 seconds to eventual 2005 Premier Sydney the following year. They put in a shocker in 2006 and undertook measures to correct it and became hugely successful. It took Geelong 5 seasons to build that side, it didn't happen overnight.

I hardly think this is comparable to a CIA covert operation. Dank was NEVER employed by Geelong, never paid by Geelong.
Robinson was Geelong's Strength and conditioning coach.
"ASADA had drug testers there all the time, but there was certainly nothing sinister behind what we were doing.

the drug tests dont work u goose.

Yep and you may well have correct info but who knows? And why would you bother reporting an account of something that someone at the club, told someone's husband blah blah blah and then call it 'factual'. What do you mean the posters 'story checked out? Checked out with whom?
There were other things the poster told me about which were correct. As I said, I can't say too much because most of what I was told was told in confidence. You'll just have to take my word for it. As posted above, protein shakes were given and they could be construed as supplements, so technically I have already have been proven to have been correct.

Melbourne were rightfully cleared. There was no such drug program at Melbourne as there was at Essendon.

Then why was Dr Bates sacked? He parked in the wrong spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back