Choco Williams - Diagnosed with Lymphoma

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts with Mark and his family, he WILL beat this and then shout out to the world "Cancer, you were WRONG!".
To all those whose lives have been touched by this insidious disease, best wishes and keep fighting.

my hopes and best wishes to Choco and family. A situation all too real for my extended family atm.

One a more positive note, I wonder if Choco's situ may add an extra degree of focus for Dusty. Obviously all RFC are behind him, but can't help wondering if some may be spurred on/inspired/whatever even a little more due to the nature of their bond with Choco.

my hopes and best wishes to Choco and family. A situation all too real for my extended family atm.

One a more positive note, I wonder if Choco's situ may add an extra degree of focus for Dusty. Obviously all RFC are behind him, but can't help wondering if some may be spurred on/inspired/whatever even a little more due to the nature of their bond with Choco.

Sorry to hear that brother. It is easy to say but harder to do but try to keep positive. Hope you and yours take care.

Terrible news to hear and like the entire AFL community, hope he can overcome it!

My knowledge of cancer is pretty limited but I was glad to hear that (at least in the meantime) he'll be continuing in his role at the club. Should hopefully give him plenty of support and something to keep driving him forward as he undergoes his treatment.

Best wishes to Mark and his family through this period of time, and I have no doubt he will display the same tenacity and ferocity in dealing with his Lymphoma as he has done on the field and in the coaches box.

I commend Choco for not letting this get in the way of him doing what he loves, and that is being an integral part of a football club. That is guts and determination in the face of adversity personified. Will be an inspiration to the playing group.

All the best Choco, keep the fighting spirit

I was just about to head off to bed but thought I'd pop on the Richmond board before I did. What a shock this is. I don't watch TV or follow off-season stuff all that much.

Cancer is something that you wouldn't even wish on your worst enemy, Choco is a tough bloke and I have no doubt he will get through it. I am amazed that he is going to be continuing his role at the club while getting treatment, what a bloke. I wish nothing but the best for Mark and a speedy recovery.

There seems to be a lot of people in here who have recently or are dealing with cancer, I just want to say that we are all here for ya if you need anything and all the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A small article on the inside back page in the Herald Sun today reported that Choco has responded extremely positively to his treatment for lymphoma. He's expected to be able to resume duties at the Tigers.

Terrific news.
Anyone able to find this article? Great news if true

I would have posted a link to the article but couldn't find one on the Herald Sun website. A pity because such good news deserves better exposure.
Yeah it's much more important to hear about then Swan's skinfolds or anything along those lines. But great news about Choco, we all know he'll fight through this.

I'm not sure he ever took time off. It seems he just kept his routine as close to usual as possible. That appears to to be the case to me. Others more in the know may be able to correct me though...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back