HDFL PreSeason 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Hill, Gretgrix and Findlay to Eaglehawk, Robbins heading home for first year of merge. Young to GS, couple of handy players leaving the Blues. Hope mounts aren't going to throw the CHQ book at anyone now and ruin it for everyone else. They'll have a bit of cash freed up.

Filo will have spent plenty of cash in 2014. It's what he does. Did it to Kyneton, Castlemaine, Kangaroo Flat and Eaglehawk and sent them all near broke. He left a massive debt at Eaglehawk a few years back after the flags. He doesn't coach flags, he buys them. Now will send Mounts broke too. Those five leaving will save them $4-5k a week though, and I expect this is why they are leaving, Mounts will have offered them less, so they walked. Robbins and Gretgrix are just after cash these days.

Big bonus for the Borough though.

North Bendigo would be paying out at least $10k a week for their playing list.

Filo will have spent plenty of cash in 2014. It's what he does. Did it to Kyneton, Castlemaine, Kangaroo Flat and Eaglehawk and sent them all near broke. He left a massive debt at Eaglehawk a few years back after the flags. He doesn't coach flags, he buys them. Now will send Mounts broke too. Those five leaving will save them $4-5k a week though, and I expect this is why they are leaving, Mounts will have offered them less, so they walked. Robbins and Gretgrix are just after cash these days.

North Bendigo would be paying out at least $10k a week for their playing list.

It runs in the family with the Filo's but his brother can only manage to buy runners up!

Have spoken to a few Mounts boys of late. Apparently they were all offered same cash for next year. All had committed to go again after B & F, then got a bit nervous when Norf signed afew early. Pretty much week as piss if this is the case. leaving because they had conceded they werent good enough to beat the opposition. Says a lot for their character and of the sort of blokes they are. I'd say good riddance to them if i were Mounts as they can now recruit some blokes who will have a go at beating the top teams, not just taking the cash and patting themselves on the back an pissing off when the going gets tough. As for Filo leaving Mounts broke don't think that will happen as my info is that they have planty of assets and refuse to spend more than they can afford unlike some others. Best coach in country vic from the games i saw last year. From my experience in footy, commitees run the budgets not the coach, he just spends what hes given.[/quote]

Hill, Gretgrix and Findlay to Eaglehawk, Robbins heading home for first year of merge. Young to GS, couple of handy players leaving the Blues. Hope mounts aren't going to throw the CHQ book at anyone now and ruin it for everyone else. They'll have a bit of cash freed up.

Locky have lost a few also

Have spoken to a few Mounts boys of late. Apparently they were all offered same cash for next year. All had committed to go again after B & F, then got a bit nervous when Norf signed afew early. Pretty much week as piss if this is the case. leaving because they had conceded they werent good enough to beat the opposition. Says a lot for their character and of the sort of blokes they are. I'd say good riddance to them if i were Mounts as they can now recruit some blokes who will have a go at beating the top teams, not just taking the cash and patting themselves on the back an pissing off when the going gets tough. As for Filo leaving Mounts broke don't think that will happen as my info is that they have planty of assets and refuse to spend more than they can afford unlike some others. Best coach in country vic from the games i saw last year. From my experience in footy, commitees run the budgets not the coach, he just spends what hes given.
[/QUOTE]

Ran 4th with a bumper budget possibly the biggest in a league that is ranked around the 20 mark and he is the best Country Coach you seen this year? Who else did you see?

Ran 4th with a bumper budget possibly the biggest in a league that is ranked around the 20 mark and he is the best Country Coach you seen this year? Who else did you see?[/QUOTE]
Rumour going around Brock Mclean from Carlton to play with Mounts next season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have spoken to a few Mounts boys of late. Apparently they were all offered same cash for next year. All had committed to go again after B & F, then got a bit nervous when Norf (read the Mofra's Bottom 50 thread NOW!) signed afew early. Pretty much week as piss if this is the case. leaving because they had conceded they werent good enough to beat the opposition. Says a lot for their character and of the sort of blokes they are. I'd say good riddance to them if i were Mounts as they can now recruit some blokes who will have a go at beating the top teams, not just taking the cash and patting themselves on the back an pissing off when the going gets tough. As for Filo leaving Mounts broke don't think that will happen as my info is that they have planty of assets and refuse to spend more than they can afford unlike some others. Best coach in country vic from the games i saw last year. From my experience in footy, commitees run the budgets not the coach, he just spends what hes given.
[/QUOTE]
Spoke with the president on Tuesday and the above couldn't be further from the truth. All the boys recommitted at the presentation night. 2 weekends ago a heap of the boys were together and Hilly told a few that he wanted to go back in and play the higher level of footy, this lead to Findlay and Gerta deciding to go back in as well, they have all taken pay cuts to go back to Eaglehawk. Robins wanted to go back to Eaglehawk, but they couldn't offer him any money as they had spent everything so he decided to go home. Dubbsy was disappointed but he understands that they wanted to go back in and play the better footy. Mounts won't go broke as they are very level headed with the committee, they only spend what they have, not what they might have, unlike a side in the middle of town spending up.

Just had a peak at the LVFL board. Apparently Gav James from Pyramid Hill is going out to huntly also. Should be interesting to see how he goes. He was a gun In the LVFL but couldn't get a kick when he was at South Bendigo. So should be an interesting step up for him

Just had a peak at the LVFL board. Apparently Gav James from Pyramid Hill is going out to huntly also. Should be interesting to see how he goes. He was a gun In the LVFL but couldn't get a kick when he was at South Bendigo. So should be an interesting step up for him

James is onboard as the Huntly Pres said on the Addy site the big ground at Huntly will suit him. Im also guessing he is a better play now than when he was at South years ago. Anymore on the possible move of Mclean to Mounts Cav? Also linked with Strathfieldsaye which would seem more realistic.

Here come the Hawks! Jamie did stress they were going to have a crack not just look to be competitive. Must have been agood deal because 12 months ago when he left he said his brothers didnt want to play at Huntly. North Colbo and Huntly look the top 3 contenders atm.
You don't think gunbower will be a contender with there new recruits?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back