News All home games at SCG from 2017 onwards

Remove this Banner Ad

yesjacknicholson.gif

If i wasnt on my phone I'd totally join in.

This is awesome news. ANZ is a poor stadium from all the sports I have seen. We can finally play finals at a our real home ground and all the big matches there. Lovely news

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you referring to? As far as I am aware GWS have not signed on to play more games at ANZ.

I think they will... no doubt in my mind they'll end up splitting time between Homebush and Canberra. The real west of Sydney has very little interest in GWS and the AFL will take the cash all day long and abandon Western Sydney

One thing I am a tiny bit worried about is the stadium deal itself. If we get a deal like Gold Coast got at Metricon then that is brilliant but what if we got a deal like Port Adelaide got at the Adelaide Oval?
I would think that with Richard Colless on the trust we would have a very good deal

Great news for the club moving forward.

No doubt the club have worked out an agreement that is of benefit to them over the 30 years, including reviews, opt outs and the like

Made my week already, & its only Monday. Good news for everyone. For the club, the fans & even for non-AFL stakeholders like other football codes in Sydney. I always felt we were going to ditch ANZ eventually but I wasn't expecting it now & such a long-term contract (30 years)

Great news. Best news we've had in a while. Well done to the club, good to see they're listening to the members (us).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back