2014 non Freo games

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Hurley :( would have been good to see him in action. Is Pearce Hanley the only AFL player in the Irish team?
Hurley not even close to irish selection.The irish guys are seasoned players all mid to late 20's with bucketloads of experience. Hurley a young up and coming player. Its like saying why isnt Sutcliffe playing for Australia.

What is the opposite of a magnet? As in Mitchell ia ball magnet. Naitanui is a ball ??????????

Hurley not even close to irish selection.The irish guys are seasoned players all mid to late 20's with bucketloads of experience. Hurley a young up and coming player. Its like saying why isnt Sutcliffe playing for Australia.

What is the opposite of a magnet? As in Mitchell ia ball magnet. Naitanui is a ball ??????????

repellent?

I love the wave of excitement and roar as he begins to look like he might do something and then the gradual dissipation as it turns into nothing over and over again. I feel like hes some sort of sideshow it seems vaguely racist at times.

Horrible

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/mark-williams-diagnosed-with-cancer-20141123-11savf.html
Richmond senior development coach and former Port Adelaide premiership coach Mark Williams has been diagnosed with cancer.

Williams, the former Collingwood captain and Brisbane Bears player has lymphoma, a form of blood cancer. The

56-year-old coach will have further tests to determine if it is Hodgkins or non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

Williams noticed a lump in his neck last week and after consulting the Richmond doctor had tests which confirmed the diagnosis.

Richmond football manager Dan Richardson said Williams felt fine and wanted to continue to work and the club would support him through the illness.

Horrible

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/mark-williams-diagnosed-with-cancer-20141123-11savf.html
Richmond senior development coach and former Port Adelaide premiership coach Mark Williams has been diagnosed with cancer.

Williams, the former Collingwood captain and Brisbane Bears player has lymphoma, a form of blood cancer. The

56-year-old coach will have further tests to determine if it is Hodgkins or non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

Williams noticed a lump in his neck last week and after consulting the Richmond doctor had tests which confirmed the diagnosis.

Richmond football manager Dan Richardson said Williams felt fine and wanted to continue to work and the club would support him through the illness.

geez ... that sucks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Kim Hagdorn on 882 yesterday, Noatcluey Naitanui had 4 disposals for the entire game and all 4 were hand balls.

He was the lowest possession winner in the entire Australian side.

Kim then tried to defend this by saying that, "He was only selected to boost the crowd numbers and was never going to star in this game anyway."

We had a group of Irish supporters in front of us who had a great little song about No-statanuey going on for a while. It was very funny, but a little racist too.

The Mexican wave soon put a stop to it though.

Notastaty was terrible in the game. The rest of the game was pretty awesome though! I felt weird actually cheering guys like Selwood & Stevie J because despite being utter flogs, they're actually really good players. And seeing what players like Riewoldt could do when they've got other good players around them was pretty special. I get the feeling the Aussies may have been told to tone it down a bit after half time because the Irish were getting a good old thrashing before that. Imagine the utter demorilisation of the Irish players if Fyfe had been there helping to destroy them!

Just out if interest how do yo guys thinks Sandilands would have gone on Saturday night if he'd be chosen to play?

I don't think a tap ruckman is strictly needed. Only start of each quarter and after an under (soccer goal) is scored. Very few ball-ups around the ground. Might as well just play a tall mid-fielder with a good leap to do the ruck work as a stop-gap. Fyfe would have been prefect.

Just out if interest how do yo guys thinks Sandilands would have gone on Saturday night if he'd be chosen to play?

Nic Nat was chosen for one reason and one reason only, only have to look at the paper the next day to see him holding the trophy on the front page to figure it out.

Probably helped greatly with ticket sales but the reality is in IR you only really need one tallish player to play in goals and that's it, Riewoldt did well as a forward but ruckmen are completely useless in this game.

Nic Nat was chosen for one reason and one reason only, only have to look at the paper the next day to see him holding the trophy on the front page to figure it out.

Probably helped greatly with ticket sales but the reality is in IR you only really need one tallish player to play in goals and that's it, Riewoldt did well as a forward but ruckmen are completely useless in this game.

As opposed to the Million Dollar Palm Tree, who is completely useless in most games.

I wonder if West Coast supporters for the first time cottoned on to what other supporters have being saying about Nic. That his tap work may be good but apart from that he brings SFA to the table. In a game with limited tap work he had the opportunity to demonstrate his value but got 4 possessions!...

It's astounding the cheer he get from them every time he goes near the ball outside of tap work because he rarely does anything with it.

You guys (freo fans) should know better than to judge a ruckman on his possession count. How many times has your own giant been criticised for not taking enough marks, or not kicking enough goals, or winning taps but them not amounting to anything? Yet you guys would know better than any other supporters, the good stuff Sandi does, that most other wouldn't see from just watching highlights of your games. Nic is the same, his career averages are on par with Sandi, except he averages more tackles, contested possessions, clearances and a little higher in goals (still f**k all though) No other ruckman in the game can win a tap, and then rove his own ball, put in 3, 4, 5 efforts in one chain of play, win the ball and the clearance and move it forward (if we had a half decent midfield Nic wouldn't have to do all of that though:p).

My point is, ruckman can't be judged on possession numbers. I get the hype is way over the top, but if you watched our games (which I guess you wouldn't, fair enough too) then you would see how valuable he is to our team, and would be to any team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back