List Mgmt. 2014 AFL Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'll be fuming if we pick anyone I haven't heard of :mad:
Lice Brewis is really accommodating hilly

6 monhts ago I asked him to let me know who he was thinking of taking and to provide me with his dossier on each player. Just shoot him an email and he will come out to your house and go through each one with you.

Just watched Garlett's highlights package. If ever there was a player who is 100% what we need, he falls in that category. I'd have him in top 3 of my list, if available, along with Weller and Cockatoo.

Black2Blue

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We keep getting snippets about who the club is interviewing and mentions of who the club is or should be interested in. Do folks-in-the-know know who they all are? Or is this getting too close to the inner scrotal line that shouldn't be crossed? Cryptic messaging perhaps? i.e.. we hope to announce 2014 as a Good Year in December OR Brad is keen on getting 36 Big Macs, etc, etc

#BewareTheVengeanceOfHeath

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We keep getting snippets about who the club is interviewing and mentions of who the club is or should be interested in. Do folks-in-the-know know who they all are? Or is this getting too close to the inner scrotal line that shouldn't be crossed? Cryptic messaging perhaps? i.e.. we hope to announce 2014 as a Good Year in December OR Brad is keen on getting 36 Big Macs, etc, etc

#BewareTheVengeanceOfHeath

You are acting like a real Cockatoo now.

Black2Blue

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lice Brewis is really accommodating hilly

6 monhts ago I asked him to let me know who he was thinking of taking and to provide me with his dossier on each player. Just shoot him an email and he will come out to your house and go through each one with you.
Brewis has a lot to answer for after springing surprises in Ben Brown, Kayne Turner, and even Joel Tippett and Trent Dumont on us last year without proper consultation, especially after all our advice re. Dayle Garlett et al. I hope he has learnt his lesson. ;)

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jul 27, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
16-slider
25- garlett
36- smith

Covers speed and a bit of X factor. Smith may be a reach at 36 but I like his agression. You can't teach that. Garlett fits a need, can see that immediate brad hill type role. If these two were available at our last two, wouldn't hate having a crack at a big fella with the first

16-slider
25- garlett
36- smith

Covers speed and a bit of X factor. Smith may be a reach at 36 but I like his agression. You can't teach that. Garlett fits a need, can see that immediate brad hill type role. If these two were available at our last two, wouldn't hate having a crack at a big fella with the first
Can't see Garlett still being there at 25

Picture of Clem Smith's foster family. ;)

1416775436490.jpg

Interesting story, here.
I'd be happy to take Clem Smith if he is there at pick 36.
Has a very complete game, main weakness is fitness

*essendon at 17 is the popular tip. Maybe us at 16 depending on who's around.
I know we are just couch recruiters and list managers over here, but I'd like us to take a punt on someone like him, instead of going conservatively for someone like Ellis. The worst we can do is play it safe again, while others find the X factor we are all talking about. Sometimes thinking of best available is also a wrong approach to take. Hawthorn took Isaac Smith and Bradley Hill when they felt it suited them, not worrying whether it is the best spot in the draft for them.

Personally, the only thing that would stop me from getting Garlett would either be concerns with his ability to move to Victoria, based on credible research, or the fact that Weller or Cockatoo were still available, and were deemed better fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back