2015 pre-season thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely no idea how to tag anyone official on my phone but could we get an interview with stephen schwert about his expectations and some insight for what he expects this preseason and how he thought our conditioning held up last year? Cheers!

Last edited:
He is a star but I'm very concerned that he has had this problem at such a young age, even if the surgery was deemed a success. What are the chances of the problem re-occurring? How will this affect the rest of his playing days? How will he go next year and beyond off a limited training base? Will he ever become the player we all hoped he would (i.e. The best mid in the comp) after this major setback?

I like your optimism but Jaeger doesn't play tennis, he plays the toughest football code on the planet ;)
He is an absolute key to our premiership aspirations especially after we invested two first round picks into him. Would hate to see him Menzelled.
i dunno tennis can play havoc on your knees

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rafael Nadal seems okay.
I don't know about that. He's had knee tendinitis from a young age (like Jaeger) and legitimately would have won more grand slams had he not had the knee condition. Often throughout his career he has had to skip tournaments and take lay offs up to 9 months at a time. You'll also notice he plays a lot of clay tournaments and does very well on them. This is because the clay surface is more forgiving on the knees and is a slower surface.

I guess it's hard to know if this surgery is going to work but, as impessive as Nadal's career has been, he almost definitely would have surpassed Federer by now if he didn't have knee tendinitis. What I'm trying to say is we may never see the best of Jaeger which is a real shame.

Menzel did ACLs didn't he?

Look if that's what Jaeger produced at 20 years old with two bung knees I think he will certainly be a very good player at the least. Just gotta see what happens I guess. At least if his knees are ****ed he won't leave us for money.

Menzel did ACLs didn't he?

Look if that's what Jaeger produced at 20 years old with two bung knees I think he will certainly be a very good player at the least. Just gotta see what happens I guess. At least if his knees are ****** he won't leave us for money.

I would hope the the duty of care the club has already shown in getting him looked at by the best surgeon in the field would be enough for Jaeger to know we have his best interests at heart. we have invested heavily in him and I would hope that he would do the same in return for the club.

time will tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back