2015 MLB Off Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Hanley Ramirez to Boston for 5 year 90 million apparently, not confirmed from club yet. They've also offered Pablo Sandoval 5 years/95 million. I guess they play both until Ortiz retires then alternate the two between DH/3rd base? Maybe Ortiz has a few off days. Middlebrooks likely gone though you would think and if they do indeed get Pablo it'll be interesting what happens with xander Boggarts

Hanley Ramirez to Boston for 5 year 90 million apparently, not confirmed from club yet. They've also offered Pablo Sandoval 5 years/95 million. I guess they play both until Ortiz retires then alternate the two between DH/3rd base? Maybe Ortiz has a few off days. Middlebrooks likely gone though you would think and if they do indeed get Pablo it'll be interesting what happens with xander Boggarts

Hanley will be playing LF from what i heard.

Can totally understand getting Sandoval but that money on Hanley is a total joke. Was so injury prone the Dodgers were lucky to get what they got out of him while he was around.

The pressure of playing in Boston will be alot heavier then it ever was for him in LA. Not sure he can handle it.

As for Sandoval. Apparently SF offered him a similar deal but knocked it back.

Yeah saw that Hanley will play left field. Curtains for Middlebrooks I would imagine.

Bostons outfield is loaded, although I suspect they'll still go hard at John lester before worrying about trades

Understandable that Beane wants to get maximum value from Donaldson now, given he will be 29 before spring training and is still a few years away from free agency - Donaldson might be in decline by then. The three prospects seem to be the key to whether this trade represents value or not. A's fans will be in meltdown though.

Wow crazy trade. But we'll see how it turns out for As. The perennial under achievers in the blue jays will be interesting next year. Have some serious power in their lineup

D'Backs signed Cuban slugger Yasmany Tomas. Fingers crossed he produces something like Jose Abreu! ;)

Not sure where that leaves the outfield setup, though. Playing both he and Trumbo leaves us weak defensively. Pollock is a lock for CF, and I thought David Peralta did enough to be starting in Right next season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Especially with Cruz off to the Mariners. Maybe banking on Chris Davis returning to something like last years form.

O's rotation should be a step up again on what was already a solid rotation, with Gausman more experienced and a few pitching prospects coming through, so that will help them. Looks a tough division again though, with Red Sox and Blue Jays going hard at players and the Yankees still the Yankees (although one laden with some big contracts).

Especially with Cruz off to the Mariners. Maybe banking on Chris Davis returning to something like last years form.

O's rotation should be a step up again on what was already a solid rotation, with Gausman more experienced and a few pitching prospects coming through, so that will help them. Looks a tough division again though, with Red Sox and Blue Jays going hard at players and the Yankees still the Yankees (although one laden with some big contracts).
yeah not sure what the Yankees are doing atm. they seem to be treading water a bit. i am hearing they are into scherzer. God knows we need a major arm. other then that we seem to be sitting on our hands. Hopefully for our sake Lester goes to the Cubs.

Fair bit of activity on day one of winter meetings
- Jason hammel signed for 18 million/2 years with Cubs, team option would bring it up to 28 or 30 mil (can't remember), 2 million buy out.
- Brandon Moss traded from Oakland to Cleveland for infield prospect (cant recall name)
- David Robertson signed by White Sox for 4 yr/40 mil apparently
- Discussions on a few trades including miguel monterro for a-level pitching from diamond backs to cubs, Lester looking like going between Giants or Cubs, White Sox going hard for Samardzija from Oakland (That'd be interesting).

Bunch of players either hitting expensive arbitration (Samardzija for example) or at peak value (Donaldson).

looking for middle infielders after giving up a top 10 (possibly top 5) prospect in baseball in shortstop Addison Russell for Samardzija/Hammel

Lester arrietta hammel hendricks and a bunch of 5th starter options looks good. Maddon in dugout. Multiple high end hitting prospects. I still think next year looks like a big adjustment year with so many young players, but the future looking bright in chicago (next year for cubs and white sox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back