List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, the argument of KPFs costing too much to trade in is tripe - no KPF will cost more than pick 1, not even Cameron. So we'll be spending big regardless.

As long as Paddy is best available, I can live with it. I remember reading what Luke said about him as an underager...

This all seems pretty extraordinary. Especially if we've leaked that "some of Petracca's testing wasn't up to pick 1 standards", when McCartin didn't test at all, and if he had he would have tested poorly in some tests as well (actually he did test horribly for body-fat levels), which leads me to believe that if there is some truth to what they are saying, it may be referring more to their psychological testing, or the way they have interviewed, or something along those lines. If we do go McCartin, Petracca may have just been too cocky for our liking, or something may have happened late that turned us off him. A messy room perhaps!

Whatever it is or was, if true it would have to have been pretty significant for us to have leaked that stuff to 3AW, as that is not the sort of stuff that I've ever heard leaked about someone prior to a draft.

So I cant have an opinion?

Why in ****s name get rid of Stanley? Why pick up a KP when we have Riewoldt for another two years, why resign Tom Lee?

We are crying out for a quality midfielder, but we are going to go for some middling KP who wont be any good for five years if he ever is at all.

But hey attack me because I dont slavishly follow every stupid decision these clowns make.

Of course McCartin will be the right decision, because the Saints made it :oops:
The Tom Lee one cracks me up giving him 2 years what a joke

So I cant have an opinion?

Why in ****s name get rid of Stanley? Why pick up a KP when we have Riewoldt for another two years, why resign Tom Lee?

We are crying out for a quality midfielder, but we are going to go for some middling KP who wont be any good for five years if he ever is at all.

But hey attack me because I dont slavishly follow every stupid decision these clowns make.

Of course McCartin will be the right decision, because the Saints made it :oops:
He's just having an opinion on your opinion. ;)

LETS ALL FREAK OUT OVER THINGS THAT HAVEN'T HAPPENED YET!
Exactly! Maybe wIt until draft night, or wait 5 years to see if Petracca is better than McCartin.

The only way I can why this is being done, as mentioned before, is that we don't want to pay overs for a key forward in the next couple of years. And we most likely rate next years mids ahead of Petracca.

This all seems pretty extraordinary. Especially if we've leaked that "some of Petracca's testing wasn't up to pick 1 standards", when McCartin didn't test at all and if he had he would have tested poorly in some tests as well, which leads me to believe that if there is some truth to what they are saying it may be referring more to their psychological testing, or the way they have interviewed. If we do go McCartin, Petracca may have just been too cocky for our liking, or something may have happened late that turned us off him. A messy room perhaps!
Would rather them be cocky than lacking in confidence like McCartin seems to be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was listening to 3AW to hear it, they didn't even mention it. I call serious bullshit, you will take Petracca I reckon.
They mentioned it at the start just after 6. I think they said they will get back to it after 6.30. There is a spiel a couple of pages back on what was said.

I was listening to 3AW to hear it, they didn't even mention it. I call serious bullshit, you will take Petracca I reckon.
Something doesn't add up here. If this is true, something pretty major must have happened, because if it's just a case of us choosing one over the other you sure as s**t don't leak something like that (his "poor testing") to a media outlet. It's a very poor look to be talking down a young kid who is about to be drafted by another AFL club.

Big mistake to not select CP

Put simply, he was the best performed under ager in 2013 and the best performed u18 this year .... By some ways

Why would you overlook that?

It would be absolutely stupid.... However that article, looks like PR trying to soften the blow sand convince gullible supporters about the guy they want to take instead... Basically getting them ready for a shock! The fact it will be a shock says something though....

Melbourne would be beside themselves... As the eagles were in 2001...

Others who say, just put faith in our recruiters... They will get it right...
Must have missed our history of drafting....

Sometimes... If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks.... It's a DUCK!!!!
Just pick the best footballer

I think McCartin is fat... I think he is purely a lead up FF who has shown nothing further up the ground.

Big mistake to not select CP

Put simply, he was the best performed under ager in 2013 and the best performed u18 this year .... By some ways

Why would you overlook that?

It would be absolutely stupid.... However that article, looks like PR trying to soften the blow sand convince gullible supporters about the guy they want to take instead... Basically getting them ready for a shock! The fact it will be a shock says something though....

Melbourne would be beside themselves... As the eagles were in 2001...

Others who say, just put faith in our recruiters... They will get it right...
Must have missed our history of drafting....

Sometimes... If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks.... It's a DUCK!!!!
Just pick the best footballer

I think McCartin is fat... I think he is purely a lead up FF who has shown nothing further up the ground.

I just can't see mccartins name at the top of the goal kicking table. I can only see him flat with no confidence getting a bashing from the media for not living up to the hype.

**** off then.

Go jump on the Port/GC/GWS/Dogs bandwagon and you can spend your time fapping over all their amazing draft picks.

What are you going to do IF we draft McCartin? Heckle and abuse him for not being a midfielder?

What if in 4 years time McCartin turns out to be a Tex Walker power forward or a Jarryd Roughead sharpshooter?

Just be honest mate - You're scared. You are s**t scared that McCartin fails and we dont win that elusive flag and that's totally ok.

Just dont turn that fear into misguided anger towards a teenager that our talent scouts (who have a great record so far) MIGHT deem the best in the land.
What a load crap because someone has different opinion then you, you tell them to **** off How about you pull your head

Ok but where did they get the info from?
Lol really?

I don't understand why people ask "insiders" where did they get their info from, if the people wanted to be known they would just say it themselves..

please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petraccaplease pick Petraccaplease pick Petracca please pick Petraccaplease pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petraccaplease pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca please pick Petracca

YEAH GO BIG *EN PADDY MCCARTIN * THAT PETRACCA SPUD

BIG SPENCAAAAAAAAAAAAA AND PADDYYYYYYYYY TO * TEAMS RIGHT UP THE ASS.

5 months ago I would have done backflips at the opportunity to draft Paddy.

He's a gun & will bring people through the gates to watch him knock blokes over & take contested grabs.

I still prefer CP but Paddy plus 2 gun mids does make more sense.

For all those upset at the possibility, consider Paddy being the 2nd coming of Jono Brown & CP having similar junior characteristics to Colin Sylvia. That might calm you down.

The faux outrage is disappointing though. Bordering on hysterical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back