2015 Membership discussion thread

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
AFL App on my Samsung Smart TV (I assume you can get it on other Smart TVs?) has every game for 2014. Free too.
He's after 2013 games though.;)

Aside from that, if it's the same as my LG, it's just Smart Replay, which
  1. Is only viewable 12 or 24 hours after the game, and
  2. won't play full screen, same as PC.
On my 60" screen, it'll only play at about 20" size. I hate it.

If you trim the screen it will be full size. Or maybe sit closer.

Mar 1, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts F.C, GWS

Ah, didn't read his post properly. I'll have a check to see if you can access games from 2013 as well when i'm home next. There's a fucntion in the App to "maximise" the screen. It still doesn't go full screen (has the goal ticker at the bottom an a banner to the left), but it' certainly bigger than the default.

Morgs_

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Compensating for something?? :cool:

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2013
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Broncos
I'm looking at getting a 3 Game prime family membership next year for when i move to brissy. I was looking at choosing my seats somewhere in sections 14-19. Can anyone tell me if those sections are in the upper or lower tier? Looking at the stadium map it looks like it covers both lower and upper but i'm not sure, it's been a while since i've been to the Gabba. Any help would be greatful thanks.

Keays2myBeamas

All Australian
Oct 5, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm looking at getting a 3 Game prime family membership next year for when i move to brissy. I was looking at choosing my seats somewhere in sections 14-19. Can anyone tell me if those sections are in the upper or lower tier? Looking at the stadium map it looks like it covers both lower and upper but i'm not sure, it's been a while since i've been to the Gabba. Any help would be greatful thanks.
The prime part of sections 14-19 will be the middle tier looking at the map, and that is the away team's end. Personally, If you're getting prime, I would highly recommend somewhere in sections 71-74 as I think these are easily the best seats in the house, (out of the sun, undercover, mostly, lions end, interchange side where 70% of the game takes place) but obviously entirely up to you.

Sep 4, 2013
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Broncos
The prime part of sections 14-19 will be the middle tier looking at the map, and that is the away team's end. Personally, If you're getting prime, I would highly recommend somewhere in sections 71-74 as I think these are easily the best seats in the house, (out of the sun, undercover, mostly, lions end, interchange side where 70% of the game takes place) but obviously entirely up to you.

Yeah don't really want to sit with bulk away supporters. 71-74 sounds good and if i remember correctly thats the lions shop end as well. Thanks for the info.

Yeah don't really want to sit with bulk away supporters. 71-74 sounds good and if i remember correctly thats the lions shop end as well. Thanks for the info.

If you're up the 14-19 end make sire you pick night games or enjoy getting blasted by the sun

Sep 4, 2013
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Broncos
If you're up the 14-19 end make sire you pick night games or enjoy getting blasted by the sun

Yeah don't really wanna get smashed by sun, as i'm looking to get days games seeing as i'll be taking the kids. I think the other end of the ground sounds like the go.

Big Lion

Club Legend
Aug 10, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Got my membership renewal in the post a week ago. Just signed up again with the merchandise pack on top of the Vic membership. Won't get to more than 2 games next year, but happy to get my membership anyway. Feels like i'm doing my part to help. Get on board if you can afford it.

GOTHELIONS16

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am going to upgrade from a prime member seating in section 3 to a premium member. I was thinking that at the back of section 5 would be a good spot due to it being inline with the middle of the ground but still over looking the field. Should I go with this or are there better options for premium seating? I want to make sure that im getting the best seats i can for the hefty price. Help would be appreciated :)

wantok

All Australian
Jan 3, 2012
brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am going to upgrade from a prime member seating in section 3 to a premium member. I was thinking that at the back of section 5 would be a good spot due to it being inline with the middle of the ground but still over looking the field. Should I go with this or are there better options for premium seating? I want to make sure that im getting the best seats i can for the hefty price. Help would be appreciated :)
Outstanding view been there for many years. Close to all facilities

GOTHELIONS16

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Anyone else?

GOTHELIONS16

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Back row against the Corporate boxes is the go. Out of the weather and no one behind except the odd goose in the boxes.
So you are in row U. The lions membership team said that there are still seats available in row T. Should i grab those? is row T also out of the weather?

Back