Forever Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 18, 2013
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Largest, and that agency has nothing to do with Freo's MarComms due to the obvious conflict of interest. I believe these guys do it: http://blockbranding.com/work/fremantle-dockers/

You are correct about their being a potential conflict of interest - though I know from first-hand experience there are ways around that kind of problem, and that many agencies have done so in the past (...please note I am not saying the Brand is engaged in a COI in this instance... only that similar issues have arisen at large agencies in the past, and that agencies regularly seem to 'find a way' to deal with the issue).

For the record, I reckon Mark Braddock and the guys at Block did a very good job with Freo's rebrand / corporate livery, though AFAIK I don't think Block did Freo's A/V work as well - not really their area I would have thought.

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
I've always liked 'persevere and advance' ( John Curtin when I was there, it's probably changed to 'breath into your centre')

I always read it as 'preserve and advance', which never made sense unless you were going to war with Jam.

Mr Peabody

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I actually think it refers to the newspaper and their saturation of Nostatanui articles.

I hadn't read it that way but you know the mark of a good slogan is that it can mean so much to so many.
Fido thinks it's his too.....

image.jpg

Mr Peabody

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just a footnote to the Evil's "West is Ours" membership slogan. A mate has received his and they are tagging the promo stuff in their packs with their members' suburbs. So for example, his comes wrapped as "The West is Bayswater".

Someone on their board has asked the question, how about if you live in Freo?

image.jpg

UFO Tatsu

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 11, 2012
Perth, WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just a footnote to the Evil's "West is Ours" membership slogan. A mate has received his and they are tagging the promo stuff in their packs with their members' suburbs. So for example, his comes wrapped as "The West is Bayswater".

another case of marketing not thinking things through properly

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor

View attachment 94026
I'm even more confused because my WCE supporter "friend" lives in Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better than West Coast's new slogan.

"The West is ours"
Maybe it's a contest between the Weagles, the Bullies or GWS as to which West is best. As it is they Bradbury'd their way into being the best Coast last season. They'll be a busy lot in 2015. Isn't referring to who owns the West Australian because that's as obvious as saying "We play football".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back