Tigers Pre-Season 2015 - Open Training Friday @ Lavington

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was reseeded a month or so ago.
Got told that it was reseeded and had extra sand put on it as well to soften it up. Unfortunately it seems that perhaps too much sand has been put on. I've seen a satellite photo at work where the ground looked like St.Kilda beach about a week after the GF.

Has the Chief been hitting the gym? :)

Haere Ra

he's gone the enhancement option pioneered by the mayor of Geelong

fakeabs.jpg

I am not sure the highlighted part is true is it Ray?

I know he said he was suprised at MIles ability to consistently perform, regardless of the level he was playing at, but I dont remember Hardwick saying he didnt think MIles was good enough.

Happy to be proven wrong though mate if you have the quote?
I do remember there was quite a bit of comment about how 'much' Miles had come on and improved, but not that he couldn't play or wasn't any good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Dea can maintain the weight without compromising speed/agility & importantly not getting any lower limb injuries due to carrying the extra size/weight...

Lids and Dea are both looking pretty massive here
10451683_10152877646263276_7888556655829325785_n.jpg

Interestingly it doesn't look like Astbury has been built up again. Maybe his weight gain is being managed closely due to his injury issues. God I hope hope he can have a clean run at it. If so I genuinely think we would have a possible AA if his performances against the KP forwards was anything to go by earlier this year. With the number of AFL games he has....

On the RFC website, Dan Richardson in his video with Nathan Brown highlighted Conca and Lloyd as having the best pre-seasons to date for the 1-4 years.

Well Conca might have been a head of his time with his preparation. Melbourne FC have announced they are going the fat diet over carbs. Apparently burning fat is more efficient. So Conca, chow down son, chow down :p

Well Conca might have been a head of his time with his preparation. Melbourne FC have announced they are going the fat diet over carbs. Apparently burning fat is more efficient. So Conca, chow down son, chow down :p

I read somewhere that's what Burgess had the Port boys doing this year too. The whole 'Atkins' thing. Reckon we might see a swag of clubs follow suit

The sub rule and the continual development of the game have seen a major shift in the way players' bodies are built. It was once you need to be big and muscular. Now with the sub rule and cap rotations players theoretically getting more time on the ground and therefore need a greater endurance rate.

Your seeing that players still have to be 'big' but not as big as say five years ago.

But anyway, for memory this is Conca's first full pre-season. Hopefully he puts a few BIG steps forward and can become an elite player like he can potentially be.

The frustrating thing is that he doesn't have this problem at VFL level. It might be that senior football is just one step up too much for him.
Newman running around the last 2 years has stifled Deas development IMO. More game time in seniors would have bridged this gap between levels. Maybe this year Newman players will be picked on form.

Seems to me the latest eating program that consumes more fats is Paleo (diet) eating & there is more emphasis on HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) as a means of having very strong benefits on endurance without compromising explosive speed too much....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back