List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Kind of... we picked up Hunt which gave us 3 picks then rookied Arnot to go back to 4 picks. If we take a 5th pick (possible) it'll be us pushing our list to 39 senior and 5 rookies.
i am under the impression our 5th pick is committed to Miles upgrade

Kind of... we picked up Hunt which gave us 3 picks then rookied Arnot to go back to 4 picks. If we take a 5th pick (possible) it'll be us pushing our list to 39 senior and 5 rookies.
Our 5th pick will be the Miles upgrade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bound For Glory running a draft tonight and our picks so far are:
12. Corey Ellis
33. Josh Glenn

Pretty interesting 1st round TBH, everything that's come out in the media the last few days bar McCartin @ 1 they've done (maybe its cos Paige is doing about a thousand picks ;) ). Is it being run as if they were the recruiters or what they think will happen?

Petracca
Brayshaw
McCartin
Pickett
De Goey
Lavarde
Goddard
Duggan
Moore
Wright
Ahern
Ellis

Just for Tomnat Tigers I've done a top 70. Go easy on me please (yeah I know you're all campaigners). :D

I did it based on picking for RFC. There were a couple I found hard to split and tended to go the Vic option when there was a struggle.

Broke it into sections where I think there is a bit of a drop off in talent.

1-6: Guys we likely have no shot at

1. Christian Petracca
2. Isaac Heeney (top 2 could go either way but seems we ain't getting them who cares :p)
3. Angus Brayshaw
4. Darcy Moore
5. Peter Wright
6. Patrick McCartin

7-15: guys I'd use pick 12 on.
7. Lachie Weller
8. Paul Ahern
9. Jarrod Pickett (found him and Ahern tough to split so gone the home town boy higher.)
10. Jayden Laverde
11. Jordan De Goey
12. Jake Lever
13. Liam Duggan
14. Corey Ellis (I still struggle to separate him and Duggan)
15. Reece McKenzie

16-27: Guys that likely fall between our picks but hopefully get to 33.

16. Connor Blakely
17. Jarrod Garlett
18. Connor Menadue
19. Jack Steele
20. Sam Durdin
21. Nakia Cockatoo
22. Dean Gore (love this kid and shocked there is talk he could go 3rd round, especially to us)
23. Kyle Langford (Found him the hardest to place)
24. Caleb Marchbank
25. Touk Miller (does he become a mid at AFL level or just a forward? If he becomes a mid then I think he could be in the top 15)
26. Hugh Goddard
27. Daniel McKenzie

28-38: 2nd/3rd round prospects

28. Harrison Wigg
29. Brayden Maynard
30. Jaden McGrath (probably too high but he has a heap of talent)
31. Damian Cavka
32. Alex Neal-Bullen
33. Dillon Viojo-Rainbow
34. Liam Dawson
35. Peter Bampton (seems like the slider. If we can grab some speed with first couple I'd take him.)
36. Corey Gregson
37. Tom Lamb (the other with Langford I found hard to place. Not convinced he will reach his ceiling which is quite high)
38. Blaine Boekhorst (didn't realise he was only 21 and had to squeeze him into this group. Very talented)

39-53: other options for pick 52

39. Jack Lonie
40. Jackson Nelson
41. Toby McLean
42. Billy Stretch
43. Clem Smith
44. Declan Hamilton
45. Lukas Webb
46. Billy Evans
47. Aidan Anderson
48. Ed Vickers-Willis (not as high on this bloke as others it seems. I must be missing something)
49. Ed Langdon
50. Keenan Ramsay
51. Daniel Nielsen
52. Nathan Drummond
53. Daniel Capiron

54-70: guys I'd take at pick 70 or rookie.

54. Nic Newman
55. Bailey Dale
56. Matthew Panos
57. Jayden Short
58. Daniel Howe
59. Bradley Walsh (really like this kid, despite his lack of athleticism)
60. Josh Glenn
61. Mac Bower (under-performed this year but he's tall and athletic with good skills, nice project to see if he can put it together)
62. James Rose
63. Daniel Butler
64. Oleg Markov
65. Dougal Howard
66. Caleb Daniel
67. Jermaine Miller-Lewis
68. Shannon Taylor
69. Matthew Goodyear
70. Nick Mellington

Just got another e-mail from my source. He reckons Isaac Heeney to the Swans at Pick 18.

Please don't berate me if I'm wrong, just passing on what I know. Not trying to create any smoke and shadows behind the windows.
Would be a bargain.

Pretty interesting 1st round TBH, everything that's come out in the media the last few days bar McCartin @ 1 they've done (maybe its cos Paige is doing about a thousand picks ;) ). Is it being run as if they were the recruiters or what they think will happen?

Petracca
Brayshaw
McCartin
Pickett
De Goey
Lavarde
Goddard
Duggan
Moore
Wright
Ahern
Ellis
5 people doing the picks for 3-4 clubs each, makes it hard to be impartial when you're drafting for that many clubs at once. Especially if you're also drafting for the club you support.

5 people doing the picks for 3-4 clubs each, makes it hard to be impartial when you're drafting for that many clubs at once. Especially if you're also drafting for the club you support.

Yeah i agree but they have drafted because players are linked to clubs not on who they rate. Cavka closely linked with Collingwood at 30 and Cavka goes at 30. Goddard would be considered by most judges to be a 10-15 pick but GWS are desperate for KPD so are taking him at 7.

By the by Stylo be prepared to have Ellis over Weller me thinks going by the media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back