Social Chit Chat III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
looked it up, at 4% interest it would rise to just over $10k....if you take the ultra positive view that interest rates will rise to 9% then you're looking at $30k.
I was talking investment, not bank. And figuring fluctuations of between 7 and 10%. So close.

We should realistically win our next 4 league games. Newcastle (H), Aston Villa (A), Stoke City (H), Hull City (A)
2 wins 2 losses is symptomatic of our problems. So inconsistent...Grrr BotsMaster

Last edited:

i actually dont know too much as it doesnt interest me that much....that said, it all depends on how risk averse you're.

on an extreme level, if you put that $10k in nab/cba shares 5-6 years ago you would be looking at a $30k value.

banks are the safest but they are paying peanuts to hold your money.

maybe a managed fund, but you have to do your research and be prepared to maybe lose money.

On your home loan if you have one.

We put most of our money in a off set account to off set the home loans(one house one land).
And we can just take it out our self's though net bank.
Now the bank ring every month to see if i want another loan:rolleyes:.
They just rang then go figure.
Thanks guys, if I had a home loan that's where it'd go.
Will look into a managed fund.

My Nanna used to say 'money was safer under the mattress than in a bank, and you may as well flush it down the toilet than dabble in shares'. Think she was a bit mad. o_O

Have heard a few 'holiday disaster' stories, this was pale in comparison. ;)
My friends laugh when I tell them my holiday disaster story (well maybe more annoying than disaster)......

My bf at the time and I were both living in busy share-houses, and thought we'd go away for a weekend of uninterrupted "indoor fun". We were both near broke students, so booked a cheapo unit in Phillip Island.

We were greeted by the grumpiest old guy you can imagine when we arrived, who told us that the place was so cheap because guests were expected to do a bit of work round the place. We laughed it off, but he wasn't kidding. He woke us up really early on the first morning with a bucket of cleaning stuff and put us to work. Was so bad. He even hung around when we were done to befriend us with the crassest, unfunniest stories I'd ever heard.

Was like he was planted there by our parents just to make sure there was not gonna be any hanky-panky. :straining:

Very amusing CG, the world can be so cruel against young love. ;)

I've been lucky in my travels I guess, nothing much except having to pay a couple of minor bribes overseas.

A buddy of mine not so fortunate. Saved up for years to go on a surfing trip to Hawaii. Two days in, smashed his leg on some rocks, was in hospital for three weeks until he could safely travel back home, where he spent another few weeks in hospital. Only "good" thing was that he did have insurance.

Edit- karencatsfan that spectacular Christmas tree you posted a pic of is in Paris.

Last edited:
Poor b@stard ending his Hawaiian trip like that. (Yep, and sympathy for you CG having your dirty weekend spoilt ;))

Had my luggage 'misplaced' one time when I flew to Perth for a wedding. Wedding present and suit were in the case. Not really a disaster story, but by the time they got it back to me, wedding was done. Got a $30 voucher from the airline for the inconvenience. :rolleyes:

Had a massive bit of thunder at 10.30am and pissing rain,then nothing until about 11.15am when there was huge thunder & lighting and pissing rain for about 10 minutes.I thought it was so close the house was going to be hit.
Found my dog, a big fat lab, hiding under my neighbour's clam shell pool when I got home. He was well and truly wedged under it.

He's s**t scared of thunder, finds the strangest places to hide.

Your travel stories have made me want to stay at home even more!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to lose my case, have to pay a bribe, end up in a foreign hospital and especially don't want to have to CLEAN MY HOTEL ROOM. :eek: (very funny though CG ;))

Not sure how you know that Christmas tree is in Paris Johncat, but that's where I'll go. Gorgeous :hearts:

Stopped raining.
But all that bleach and vinegar i put on the weeds all but washed away grrrrrr.
Well I don't know about the vinegar and bleach thing.
Not sure why you use it.

But, any spray only needs to go on 4 hours before rain.

Found my dog, a big fat lab, hiding under my neighbour's clam shell pool when I got home. He was well and truly wedged under it.

My dog is deaf. I was sitting next to it when that thunder hit.
It was really scared. Had to give it a good pat. It was really low. Such big booms.

i took open an account to mean a bank account....you really have to pick the right investment to nail that 7-10%.
Yeah got to get lucky. Wish I had cash. Mining would be my choice. Once the dollar drops they'll go nuts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh that hurts. We've got nothing left to trade Foz.
Commodities and a good us$ is all that's left.

It will take years for tourism, which I think is the next cab once our dollar dies.

Had a massive bit of thunder at 10.30am and pissing rain,then nothing until about 11.15am when there was huge thunder & lighting and pissing rain for about 10 minutes.I thought it was so close the house was going to be hit.
Where the hell were you. It rained quite heavy here for about 5 hours in a 6 1/2 period.

My dog is deaf. I was sitting next to it when that thunder hit.
It was really scared. Had to give it a good pat. It was really low. Such big booms.
It was raining heavy here plus thunder.
Hank just sitting on his mat outside under the carport just looking at the rain and then head sitting on his paws.
And nudge sitting right at the back of the cabby house.
Soon as it stopped raining there looking at me ok time for a play.

Very amusing CG, the world can be so cruel against young love. ;)

I've been lucky in my travels I guess, nothing much except having to pay a couple of minor bribes overseas.

A buddy of mine not so fortunate. Saved up for years to go on a surfing trip to Hawaii. Two days in, smashed his leg on some rocks, was in hospital for three weeks until he could safely travel back home, where he spent another few weeks in hospital. Only "good" thing was that he did have insurance.

Edit- karencatsfan that spectacular Christmas tree you posted a pic of is in Paris.
When I went to Africa my travelling companion and I had to pay a bride to Customs to get her through into Zimbabwe because they were dicking us around, moving us between lines and officials.

It appears having an Australian passport was a cue to screw us around (at the time I had a UK passport as well so got across without any problems).

Cheeky bastards demanded US dollars as well because the Zim dollar wasn't worth the paper it was printed on.

Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back