AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
WSW, Tottenham Hotspur, Leeds Utd
Josh Kennedy for me.

Thoughts?

Riewoldt has a few Colemans. Darling doesn't

I feel like this poll was done relatively recently (maybe mid 2014?) :p

Jumping Jack for me (partially out of Richmond bias but also because he's got the runs on the board too and is younger).

Kennedy:
  • 3 x WCE leading goalscorer.
  • 288 goals (avg 2.1 per game)
Riewoldt:
  • 1 x AA
  • 2 x Colemans
  • 1 x Best and Fairest
  • 5 x RFC leading goalscorer.
  • 381 goals (avg 2.4 per game)
That being said, fully expect Kennedy to win the poll because of Jack's public image. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice. Judging an AFL player's ability to play off their "attitude." Keep eating the media's bs :rolleyes:

Settle down champ.
He didn't even mention playing ability. He just said if he could pick one he would pick Kennedy because Riewoldt's attitude can be off-putting.

This shouldn't even be close.

I'll take the two Colemans thanks.
I'll add that I rate Kennedy very highly as well, but Jack has and always will be criminally underrated on this forum because people don't like him. Star.

I rate jack very highly but his colemans are partly due to being the sole focus point for the Tigers.

Different players though. Jk more of a genuine power forward, jack very consistent. Both clubs probably content with who they have

I've always rated Josh Kennedy and every year i think "this will be his year" eg i bet on him to win Coleman this year but he never seems to quite reach the level i expect from him. Ultimately his performances were that of a flat track bully this year even though i rate him as so much more than that. He seems like he has the full package in terms of endurance, pace, marking ability and goal kicking accuracy and yet it never seems to translate into him taking the competition by storm. Truthfully he often struggles against the best defenders in the comp.

Jack Riewoldt may not be particularly likable and he may be quite the stager as well but honestly a key forward who takes marks and kicks as straight as he does is incredibly valuable. He's very clever in how he moves around goal and as time has gone on he's become more team orientated. I think he delivers more consistently than Josh Kennedy and he has more runs on the board.

I actually voted Josh Kennedy but now that i've written this up I realise I probably should have gone with Jack Riewoldt.

I've always rated Josh Kennedy and every year i think "this will be his year" eg i bet on him to win Coleman this year but he never seems to quite reach the level i expect from him. Ultimately his performances were that of a flat track bully this year even though i rate him as so much more than that. He seems like he has the full package in terms of endurance, pace, marking ability and goal kicking accuracy and yet it never seems to translate into him taking the competition by storm. Truthfully he often struggles against the best defenders in the comp.

Jack Riewoldt may not be particularly likable and he may be quite the stager as well but honestly a key forward who takes marks and kicks as straight as he does is incredibly valuable. He's very clever in how he moves around goal and as time has gone on he's become more team orientated. I think he delivers more consistently than Josh Kennedy and he has more runs on the board.

I actually voted Josh Kennedy but now that i've written this up I realise I probably should have gone with Jack Riewoldt.

I expect JKs output to improve as the midfield improves as well.

Back