LOL Brad the Brain wins - it's a teal guernsey!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 20, 2007
Dungeon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
brad the brain being less than enthused about this is perhaps the greatest moment of the 2014/15 offseason on this board.

The only thing that could possibly top it would be Butcher getting selected for round 1 and El_Scorcho stating that it unbalances our structure. ;)

wharfietilidie

Team Captain
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't mind the idea of teal pre season, black/white v jumper during the season for the next 100 yrs

Alberton Proud

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2012
Beachside
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's a bit like entering X Lotto every week for 20 years, and then when you finally hit the jackpot saying that you're not going to change anything o_O

#bradthedill

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Don't mind the Teal but just for pre-season

Club will sell plenty of these so all good

You over estimate the Port Adelaide casual Facebook fan. They make a lot of noise on matters like this, but when it comes to putting their money where their mouth is most of them are nowhere to be seen.

people saying "teal = soft" are still majorly scarred from 07-10.. teal isn't soft, that team was.. wait til you watch Hinkley's PAFC rip through teams in a blaze of teal glory..

hope we get to see it with black shorts in a game..

Got nothing to do with '07-'10.

when else did we wear teal jumpers that the supporters hated?? those designs + the s**t footy played surely had something to do with the anti-teal stance?

Alberton Proud

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2012
Beachside
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You over estimate the Port Adelaide casual Facebook fan. They make a lot of noise on matters like this, but when it comes to putting their money where their mouth is most of them are nowhere to be seen.

It hated this one, but I still see plenty of these at games, and most of the 45k at the games this year didn't seem too casual in their support

images

Feb 26, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dragons, LA Kings, RED SOX
when else did we wear teal jumpers that the supporters hated?? those designs + the s**t footy played surely had something to do with the anti-teal stance?
When clash jumpers in 04 started.

2004 to 2008. All our clash jumpers were teal based
Then the 09 white shark fin.
2010 to present, white double vees

(Log in to remove this ad.)

people saying "teal = soft" are still majorly scarred from 07-10.. teal isn't soft, that team was.. wait til you watch Hinkley's PAFC rip through teams in a blaze of teal glory..

hope we get to see it with black shorts in a game..
How teal can be a 'soft' colour but white a 'hard' colour is beyond me.

Alberton Proud

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2012
Beachside
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I also hated that one and i will hate this one to, if we wear it with white shorts.

I agree 100% - however people will buy the jumper to wear to games and last time I checked we need every cent we can generate at the moment

ergo

Little pre-season pain = potential financial gain

It is the landscape we currently reside in

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Member research done by the club suggests otherwise. The club sold teal to be supporter's most popular colour but they were lying, and later certain officials of significance admitted it.

Personally I see the teal as the colour that displays Port's 'bend over and take it' culture.

Apart from this, re-designing the jumper just continues the notion of discontent in some supporters, and then we get threads where people want to keep r-designing logos, jumpers, and nicknames.

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wow, it's not as good as our current home and clash guernseys but it is not as bad as some people are carrying on that it is. I can see plenty of people buying it, and it is only used in trial matches so i don't see what the problem is. It is still better than half the clash guernseys clubs use during the season. We really have nothing to lose with this guernsey.

Member research done by the club suggests otherwise. The club sold teal to be supporter's most popular colour but they were lying, and later certain officials of significance admitted it.

Really? When did this happen?

I do recall filling out an emailed survey from the club a few years back about club branding, colours etc. The results were overwhelmingly for less teal apparently.

The BiB guernsey was a direct result of that survey IIRC.
I've never heard any reference to the club being deliberately deceitful on presenting info contrary to actual market research though.

On a related note, anyone notice the proliferation of black on the new Crows merchandise?
Seems the state colours aren't enough for them, they need to take on one of our colours as well.

"Four guys all arguing about who's gonna be Mr Black" / line from movie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back