80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Happy to report my man successfully negotiated the +2 cut at the Masters.. Started Par, Birdie, Par, Birdie, Birdie, Birdie, today. It is awesome to watch golf of that quality from inside the ropes. Unfortunately stuttered a little mid round otherwise it could have been a LOW one!! Metro is in absolutely amazing shape, fairways the equal of anything in the world!! overheard Boo Weekley heaping praise on the course in the locker room.. great to see young amateur Todd Sinnott playing really well on his home course also.

Can't wait to tee it up again soon myself!!
When I was a young lad I played metropolitan in an Australian open and from memory it was 1997.. Played a practice round with my mate Scott Hend with Mickelson and Calcavecchia.. Was more nervous teeing off on the Tuesday than on the Thursday. Was a great experience.. Missed the cut by a tonne though

My opinion Huntingdale is 3rd tier Sandbelt...

Kingston Heath
Royal
Metro
Vic

Woodlands
Commonwealth
Peninsula
Southern
Yarra Yarra

Spring Valley
Huntingdale
Keysborough

Demote Southern and those groupings are about right. Southern is frightful and would be lucky to be third tier. Yarra could probably be on the third rung as well.

When I was a young lad I played metropolitan in an Australian open and from memory it was 1997.. Played a practice round with my mate Scott Hend with Mickelson and Calcavecchia.. Was more nervous teeing off on the Tuesday than on the Thursday. Was a great experience.. Missed the cut by a tonne though

Friend of a friend playing a practice round today at the Australian GC with Rory McIlroy, I couldn't even imagine how nervous you would be playing with the number one in the world.

Friend of a friend playing a practice round today at the Australian GC with Rory McIlroy, I couldn't even imagine how nervous you would be playing with the number one in the world.
Yes but what a great experience.. dude I know played with Tiger in 3rd round of the New Zealand Open when he came down to play that time at Paraparaumu.. He said he literally couldnt feel his body for the first 6 holes.. lol

Demote Southern and those groupings are about right. Southern is frightful and would be lucky to be third tier. Yarra could probably be on the third rung as well.

I'll take your word for it re Southern, I played it nearly 10 years ago and it was in great condition at the time. I haven't played Yarra for ages but last time I did was in good order, it's a funny layout but has some really good holes IMO.

Yes but what a great experience.. dude I know played with Tiger in 3rd round of the New Zealand Open when he came down to play that time at Paraparaumu.. He said he literally couldnt feel his body for the first 6 holes.. lol

Tiger_Woods__1603182c.jpg

Back in Brissy now. Had a good time down at the masters. Good on Cullen but was half hoping for a play off.

for the last 2.5hrs sat on the 18th watching the groups come in. Very difficult pin position for the approach. Most players were short but later in the day a lot went over the green. Looked like a tough shot from back there but they made it look easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got my best ever score for 9 holes last Saturday. Scored 40 on the back 9 at Yarra Bend. I was pulling puts and chips out of my arse. Chipped in for birdie twice, one on full slam dunk style. I felt like I could see the line when I was putting. Now I fear that I will never play like that again. I am the type of player that will score a 60 next time I play.

Might come down to Melb from Brisbane for 2 weeks in Jan and bring my clubs. Any recommendations on courses I COULD and should play?

Might come down to Melb from Brisbane for 2 weeks in Jan and bring my clubs. Any recommendations on courses I COULD and should play?

where you gonna be staying Elixuh?

i strongly recommend courses on the mornington peninnsula. and if you're playing on the same day as i, id be happy to shout you a cold beverage

where you gonna be staying Elixuh?

i strongly recommend courses on the mornington peninnsula. and if you're playing on the same day as i, id be happy to shout you a cold beverage

When I was down for the golf last weekend I stayed on Collins St at the Grand Hyatt - so in the city. I'll likely do something similar if I come down in Jan.

peternorth / toxic are the clubs which you (Toxic) listed open to the public to play?

When I was down for the golf last weekend I stayed on Collins St at the Grand Hyatt - so in the city. I'll likely do something similar if I come down in Jan.

peternorth / toxic are the clubs which you (Toxic) listed open to the public to play?

national is not open to public. only way to get in is to play with a member. others are all public

Glenelg GC yesterday..

Well worth a look when you are in ADL. Very good layout, 1st hole probably the weakest on the course (and it is not bad!!) A few absolute cracking holes on both 9's. It would be a BEAST off the back tees in a bit of wind!! I had 34 points in the comp off 3, fair to say it was a mixed bag. I had 2 doubles, 2 birds and an eagle on number 12 that played downwind, great risk reward par 5. I murdered a drive over the corner of the dogleg which left me 120m into one of the best green complexes you would ever want to see on a short par 5. below photo does a very poor job of capturing but 2nd shots bailing out to the safe side (right on this pic, left as you play the hole) leave you with a pitch over the grassy mound behind the flag in this pic, a dirty bunker on the far left of this pic guards the other side. Classic risk reward, I had 3, my boss who plays off 5 had 7 after finding some long grass and then getting on the wrong side of the green for his pitch..
upload_2014-12-5_16-43-4.png

Pure surfaces both fairways & bent greens... great bunkering and some quirky grass bunkers and mounds all contribute to making this a fantastic golf course. A rung below VIC, Heath, Royal, Metro but a seriously good golf course that I would love to play on a weekly basis.

Better than both East and West at Grange, hope to have a game at Kooyonga next time I'm in ADL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back