Ovens and King 2015 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit lippy to the same umpire a couple times, Walwa player in season 2012 had been at it all day swinging punches and with 10minutes to go Walwa player had another crack at "Aurthers" so Aurthers ducked a punch came up smacked this goose in the nose and knocked him out,game was called off.
Preliminery 2012 final againts Bullioh, Bullioh fullforward (Tom Hickey)spits on Authers, Authers gives the muppet a backhander.. Bang he gets life...!!!
As soon as people hear "life suspension" everyone thinks his a thug but really he is far from it..
I have no idea who the bloke is, and I understand your trying to justify having a player who has received a life suspension at your club, however you can't be that unlucky of a player to have copped that many suspensions purely from other players hassling you..... It would be just like justifying having lance Armstrong as your supplement guru! Personally I'd prefer lance as a fitness coach

I have no idea who the bloke is, and I understand your trying to justify having a player who has received a life suspension at your club, however you can't be that unlucky of a player to have copped that many suspensions purely from other players hassling you..... It would be just like justifying having lance Armstrong as your supplement guru! Personally I'd prefer lance as a fitness coach
Great analogy Lionel!!! Priceless.....

You ask the question I'm letting you know... Seen a lot worse on the footy field and players have copped less,No king hits from behind antics

I see Bonnie Doon have sign a small forward from Strathmerton in the Picola league. Won the league medal a couple of years ago and kicked 100.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did you see that? Who else have they recruited do you know?

More info to come in Monday's Chronicle.

As for their other recruits, the following article is from October:

By SCOTT ANDERSON

AFTER bringing in an almost entirely new team last off season with great success, Bonnie Doon is once again proving to be a major player in football’s silly season.

Of the 28 players who represented the Bombers in at least five senior games in 2014, 17 were new to the club, or returning after an absence, and proved their quality by helping the side get to the Ovens and King Football League finals after three years in the wilderness.

While three players have retired since the season the season came to an end, the Bombers have wasted no time covering their losses, adding another eight players co-coach Terry Mahoney expects to slot straight into the senior line up.

Justin Colliss, Shannon Galea, Thomas McMillan, Ben Marshall, Matt Bell and Dylan Walker come across from Riddell and District Football League club Wallan Magpies, Dave Cornish has arrived from Moama, and Michael Bretherton, who signed with the Bombers last year but didn’t play, has also committed to the club for 2015.

“Our recruiting has been a combination of specific types who we have targeted an just adding to our overall depth,” Mahoney said.

“We were really happy with our squad last year, but it was still a development year for us and we want to keep improving.

“We wanted to add some quick and skilful players to the list to help us match it with the top teams in the O&K, as well as just increase our depth and make it even more competitive for spots in the side.

“Last year we picked up Matt Zanini, Jackson Charles and Rob Rowe from over Wallan way, and they have got a few of their mates on board for next year, which is great.

“We are still focused on local players, but a lot of the locals are exploring their options at higher levels first and won’t make up their minds until January, February or even March.

“It was important to make some early gains, and I think the Riddell league is probably a slightly higher standard than the O&K, being that bit closer to Melbourne, so I’d expect all of those players, depending on the availability of spots in the senior team, to be able to come in and have an immediate impact.”

Mahoney said the players were a perfect fit for the club in terms of age demographic.

“We’ve got a couple of older guys at the club now, with Paul Mahoney, Danni Heazlewood and Heath Fidock, and even Daniel Godsmark is creeping up there now,” he said.

“But all of these new guys are in that 24-29 bracket, so they are really at their peak age for football.”

With Jarrod Demarco, Matt Vasey and David Ingpen retiring, Mahoney said it was important to fill the voids left by that trio.

“Jarrod played mainly as a forward this year, but a bit in the ruck, and those sorts of players are hard to replace,” he said.

“But Mark Bretherton is a similar sort of height and should be able to play a similar role for us.

“Justin Colliss has a very good reputation at Wallan – I believe he has been a best and fairest or runner up there.

“And Dave Cornish is another player who come to us with some pretty big raps as a forward, so I’m excited to see what those guys add to the side.”

The Bombers have already begun holding non-compulsory training sessions once a month, with the next one coming up at Bonnie Doon Recreation Reserve on Sunday, November 23, starting at 10am with a barbecue to follow, with all interested players encouraged to attend.

More info to come in Monday's Chronicle.

As for their other recruits, the following article is from October:

By SCOTT ANDERSON

AFTER bringing in an almost entirely new team last off season with great success, Bonnie Doon is once again proving to be a major player in football’s silly season.

Of the 28 players who represented the Bombers in at least five senior games in 2014, 17 were new to the club, or returning after an absence, and proved their quality by helping the side get to the Ovens and King Football League finals after three years in the wilderness.

While three players have retired since the season the season came to an end, the Bombers have wasted no time covering their losses, adding another eight players co-coach Terry Mahoney expects to slot straight into the senior line up.

Justin Colliss, Shannon Galea, Thomas McMillan, Ben Marshall, Matt Bell and Dylan Walker come across from Riddell and District Football League club Wallan Magpies, Dave Cornish has arrived from Moama, and Michael Bretherton, who signed with the Bombers last year but didn’t play, has also committed to the club for 2015.

“Our recruiting has been a combination of specific types who we have targeted an just adding to our overall depth,” Mahoney said.

“We were really happy with our squad last year, but it was still a development year for us and we want to keep improving.

“We wanted to add some quick and skilful players to the list to help us match it with the top teams in the O&K, as well as just increase our depth and make it even more competitive for spots in the side.

“Last year we picked up Matt Zanini, Jackson Charles and Rob Rowe from over Wallan way, and they have got a few of their mates on board for next year, which is great.

“We are still focused on local players, but a lot of the locals are exploring their options at higher levels first and won’t make up their minds until January, February or even March.

“It was important to make some early gains, and I think the Riddell league is probably a slightly higher standard than the O&K, being that bit closer to Melbourne, so I’d expect all of those players, depending on the availability of spots in the senior team, to be able to come in and have an immediate impact.”

Mahoney said the players were a perfect fit for the club in terms of age demographic.

“We’ve got a couple of older guys at the club now, with Paul Mahoney, Danni Heazlewood and Heath Fidock, and even Daniel Godsmark is creeping up there now,” he said.

“But all of these new guys are in that 24-29 bracket, so they are really at their peak age for football.”

With Jarrod Demarco, Matt Vasey and David Ingpen retiring, Mahoney said it was important to fill the voids left by that trio.

“Jarrod played mainly as a forward this year, but a bit in the ruck, and those sorts of players are hard to replace,” he said.

“But Mark Bretherton is a similar sort of height and should be able to play a similar role for us.

“Justin Colliss has a very good reputation at Wallan – I believe he has been a best and fairest or runner up there.

“And Dave Cornish is another player who come to us with some pretty big raps as a forward, so I’m excited to see what those guys add to the side.”

The Bombers have already begun holding non-compulsory training sessions once a month, with the next one coming up at Bonnie Doon Recreation Reserve on Sunday, November 23, starting at 10am with a barbecue to follow, with all interested players encouraged to attend.

That's a fair write up then, looks like bonnie doon is on the rise!!

Got nothing against them GIF, just can't work out why everyone would be jumping off the ship, there the most successful club in the last 20 years

That's a fair question to ask, I'm sure they have their own reasons.

And in this day and age I think your choice of words regarding Aaron and his heritage should have been left out. I don't care if you are friends with him or not, on a public forum not sure it is needed!

The fixture is looking good and even for the 2015 season.
Bonnie Doon is looking strong on paper again which could add some more depth
to the league. Word is Greta have lost a few of their last big money takers and gained nothing will the end up like their cricket team ?

to the league. Word is Greta have lost a few of their last big money takers and gained nothing will the end up like their cricket team ?

Where have you seen bonnie doons list ?

Only departure at this stage due to a player moving interstate.

Gained 3 quality senior players so far. Hopefully a few more to come.

Bit of a low blow there dragging the cricket club into it, I'm sure they are doing their best to improve just like the football club are.

Only one departure at this stage due to a player moving interstate.

Gained 3 quality senior players so far. Hopefully a few more to come.

Bit of a low blow there dragging the cricket club into it, I'm sure they are doing their best to improve just like the football club are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back