List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, that he put a lot of our noses out of joint with his arrogance, but that we just loved the way Paddy came across, as the humble country lad, which brought Paddy right back into calculations? I thought we'd at least keep that and CP's kicking results from the combine up our sleeves until after the draft, just in case we still take him? Otherwise, none of that was to be mentioned again!
When did arrogance rule out someone being a gun sportsman?

If we have changed tack for this reason we are mental.

Steve Johnson was a ******* idiot when he was young… can play football okay.

I agree. I would much prefer Dan McKenzie or Tom Lamb with the 2nd 20's pick. Happy to take ANB with the other as the slightly vanilla but 'sure thing' pick.

I think very highly of Dan McKenzie and the right club could turn him into a very handy player. All premiership teams have a couple of the ANB types. Think Shiels, Joel Corey, Bird etc. I would not be upset with him.

10384761_594709813994357_1041572701119107614_n.jpg

Might say something about the lack of professionalism from our recruiting group.

Just sayin'.

Sounds like they are picking no.1's because they are good blokes. Hmmmm interesting strategy

It was well documented that Michael Jordan was one of the all time jerks. A bully, arrogant, pretty much a s**t bloke. However, apart from being the best ever he also demanded more from those around him and would not accept anything less.

Who cares if he is an arrogant little terd (which I don't think he is by the way). St.Kilda needs an alpha dog, we are the laughing stock of the league. Bring on some kids with swagger!

I thought we where in the business of winning premierships, not picking blokes we would like to have a Sunday session with.

Not having a decent defensive structure is what cost us a flag 2004-06.... Not sure Judd would have helped that.

Not having a plan B (ie: how to cope when the game goes man-on-man by the 2nd quarter in the Grand Final) is what cost us a flag 2009-10.... Chris Judd may have helped that, but it's not a certainty as you're making out

I reckon all the knobs that ran out on the ground when G kicked his 100th cost us a flag!

It was well documented that Michael Jordan was one of the all time jerks. A bully, arrogant, pretty much a s**t bloke. However, apart from being the best ever he also demanded more from those around him and would not accept anything less.

Who cares if he is an arrogant little terd (which I don't think he is by the way). St.Kilda needs an alpha dog, we are the laughing stock of the league. Bring on some kids with swagger!

I thought we where in the business of winning premierships, not picking blokes we would like to have a Sunday session with.

Well said, but clearly, we aren't in the business of winning premierships! :cry:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKenzie was among the top for "repeat sprints " in the combine.
ANB - good results in the beep test , and 3km.

Sounds like endurance not speed.

We need some outside speed and we are gunna get SFA by the sounds of it.

Petracca can play forward and mids. Can Mccartin?

What, that he put a lot of our noses out of joint with his arrogance, but that we just loved the way Paddy came across, as the humble country lad, which brought Paddy right back into calculations? I thought we'd at least keep that and CP's kicking results from the combine up our sleeves until after the draft, just in case we still take him? Otherwise, none of that was to be mentioned again!

So I'm guessing that his kicking results were total crap? May as well just tell us cause if we take him we will find out he's a crap kick anyway.

This is why I don't get attached to players pre-draft. Like the majority of fans, I haven't seen these kids play at all. I read a hell of a lot bout them and I get a gauge on what we can expect from them. But I'll support whoever walks into our club and hope beyond hope they succeed. Though some may be disappointed to skip on Petracca (if this is the case), surely this doesn't effect how bloody rapt we should be to bring in Mccartin. We're not exactly swapping Dangerfield for Mitch Thorpe here (well, we don't know that but it could work vice versa).

If it's Mccartin, welcome aboard big fella.

I reckon all the knobs that ran out on the ground when G kicked his 100th cost us a flag!
We had an epic list in 04/05. I reckon 1 or 2 of the following and we would have landed a flag:

-Luke Penny stayed on the park. Was a rock down there, always thought his premature retirement due to injury was incredibly costly;
-Hamill stayed on the park. Seriously lacked forward pressure when he wasn't playing which was too often. Did nothing in 05 finals when playing injured;
-Kosi stayed on the park. He was a lot more agile back then and the game was not so frenetic, therefore he could actually keep up and was a dangerous player;
-We had a better strength and conditioning team. Seriously, the amount of soft tissue injuries was unbelievable, and we seemed to run out games poorly;
-We picked Judd instead of Ball;
-And yes, Thomas actually cared about having a defensive structure. The 04 prelim against Port was a prime example. They literally scored every time it went into the forward 50. Thomas got schooled that night by Williams.

Sounds like endurance not speed.

We need some outside speed and we are gunna get SFA by the sounds of it.

Petracca can play forward and mids. Can Mccartin?

I tend to agree on the "beep test" side of things. I think Armo was a high scorer in that regard.
But I tend to rate repeat springs as a real thing. That's what they are doing in a game. No point doing it once.

I agree an outsider would be good, I was hoping Garlett would slide.
I also hope Markworth can become an outside mid. ( He's very quick ).

I don't like your comparison Petracca and McCartin.
Hey can either of them ruck. Or play key defence? Oh so Jason Blake would be better.

I thought McCartin couldn't kick either?

From what I've read his field kicking is pretty good but his set shot goal accuracy was lacking but seems to be improving.

In the couple of games he played on TV his set shot looked decent and was better than what I was expecting since I had only heard how bad it was. It's something he can easily work on though so I wouldn't be too fussed with it.

I tend to agree on the "beep test" side of things. I think Armo was a high scorer in that regard.
But I tend to rate repeat springs as a real thing. That's what they are doing in a game. No point doing it once.

I agree an outsider would be good, I was hoping Garlett would slide.
I also hope Markworth can become an outside mid. ( He's very quick ).

I don't like your comparison Petracca and McCartin.
Hey can either of them ruck. Or play key defence? Oh so Jason Blake would be better.

What are their speed off the mark? I reckon we are going to have a pedestrian midfield except for Jack Steven.

As for the comparision. One is a mid the other forward. The mid can play forward, can the forward play any other position?

From what I've read his field kicking is pretty good but his set shot goal accuracy was lacking but seems to be improving.

In the couple of games he played on TV his set shot looked decent and was better than what I was expecting since I had only heard how bad it was. It's something he can easily work on though so I wouldn't be too fussed with it.

I think it's more a confidence issue rather than technical issue with Paddy. His action is very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back