Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking at Rob Kerr's draft wrap, in 2012, we were tossing up between him and Mayes for pick 8.

Would have liked to have seen what he could have done as a focal point of an attack. I'll be interested to see how he goes in the graveyard of forwards that is Carlton.

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Australian International Sides
Saints not seeking compensation for losing Beveridge unlike the spoilt brats at Collingwood.

The Dogs offered a bag of chips....but.....the Saints said they had their own "Spud".

Edit: Wait till the Saints want Robert Harvey back...

Last edited:
Catching up with the news I see that Simon Katich is the new Football Operations Manager at GWS, working under Gubby, and that Gubby will have increased responsibility with SOS heading back to Carlton.

They're not decisions I would have made but maybe dlanod can give me some context here.

Catching up with the news I see that Simon Katich is the new Football Operations Manager at GWS, working under Gubby, and that Gubby will have increased responsibility with SOS heading back to Carlton.

They're not decisions I would have made but maybe dlanod can give me some context here.

Nope, not a whole lot of context forthcoming but then I was surprised at SOS being appointed without much prior experience, and he's done quite well in the job.

From what I gather the "increased responsibility" will be a case of Katich being mentored by Gubby rather than Gubby getting back involved in the day-to-day contracting and recruitment. I'd still like to see a dedicated draft manager with a position similar to Conole but I'll take a wait and see.

I've been told that Katich is there to throat punch anyone who doesn't sing the team song with gusto.

I've been told that Katich is there to throat punch anyone who doesn't sing the team song with gusto.
How could you NOT sing that song with gusto? Apart from the not winning much thing of course.

May 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-25/brownlow-medal-shakeup

As part of the MRP overhaul, low-level offences that would have drawn a penalty of 125 points in 2014 will now result in fines, meaning more players will remain eligible for the AFL's highest individual honour.

With more fines certain to be issued in 2015, the League has been in discussions with the AFL Players’ Association about directing funds towards concussion research.

Some interesting changes to the MRP. It's good to see the increased amount of fines being put to good use though. Though a $1500 fine is going to impact the back pocket of a rookie player a lot more than say Buddy.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
The automatic extra week suspension for players who have been suspended twice in the previous two years is a bit harsh too.

Reckon that is going to bite Rocky in the next year or so.

The automatic extra week suspension for players who have been suspended twice in the previous two years is a bit harsh too.

Reckon that is going to bite Rocky in the next year or so.
Especially considering what he has been previously suspended for are now downgraded to fines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea

Katich is a gun - on and off field - astute appointment - he should have Captained Australia.

Last edited:

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
RIP Phil Hughes. Unbelievable, but you knew it was serious when they cancelled the round.

Full Wingspan

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Utterly devastated about Hughes. My thoughts are with his family and friends and to Sean Abbott the bowler. Michael Clarke is all class and a wonderful benchmark for leaders everywhere.

Watching the Kiwis v Pakistan test match has instilled a new kind of respect and brothership with our mates across the pond. Brendan McCullum, like Clarke is a superb act. Its been very difficult to watch that match knowing most of the players are significantly affected by this tradgedy.

Rest in peace young man.

Not trying to make light of this - but how do you see someone is going to headbutt someone else and then get over to them and in between them in time to stop it happening? (disclaimer - never been headbutted or been around it but in the movies it always seems like a pretty quick process)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back