Welcome to Collingwood Draft Threads (Mods have updated OP for how welcome threads will be handled)

Remove this Banner Ad

I couldn't really care who makes it if TD really wants to do it, just let him, but do we really need a thread on this? I mean, this board already has 15 threads on the draft and who we will draft, who we wont draft, who do you want to draft, who dont you want to draft, what is our strategy into the draft, the analysis of the draft etc, do we really need a thread about who is creating a thread when the draft is on?

Folks,

Draft time is an exciting time for the Collingwood Football Club and us supporters.

If anybody wants to create a Welcome thread ... Go for it!

The mods are happy for there to be multiple welcome threads on the night.

We just ask that if you do create a welcome thread that you make an effort to come up with a fun thread title, put together a good OP, and decorate it a bit to celebrate the festive nature of the occasion.

At the end of the night the mods will tidy things to up keep one thread per new player - we'll be guided by "likes" of the OP's as to which ones we keep.

A tip: if you create a thread super fast and leave a rubbish OP in it, your thread is unlikely to last ;)

A rule: The word "official" is not allowed to appear in your thread title.

Go nuts! (And the mods will be on hand to make sure things don't go too nuts :) )

Balloons%20-%20Original.jpg

This whole issue is quite amusing considering that the Big Footy site usually crashes and becomes completely unworkable on draft night due to the number of people logged in all at once.

Can I recommend the following formula for those starting the welcome threads.

"Welcome to Collingwood [insert players name and details (height, weight, DOB, club) here]

[Insert Snoop Dogs player bio here]

[Insert Knightmares player bio here]

[Insert youtube highlight video here]"

END OP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand that Dave loves making these threads but finding out there are others desperate to make these 'welcome' threads and now there is a thread competition is getting a bit strange.

Can I recommend the following formula for those starting the welcome threads.

"Welcome to Collingwood [insert players name and details (height, weight, DOB, club) here]

Or "You little ripper!! [insert player's nickname 'wozza', 'bazza' 'chook'] has joined the greatest club on earth!!!

[Insert Snoop Dogs player bio here]

Or a pic of the player's face superimposed on the front of your duffle coat.

[Insert Knightmares player bio here]

Or a pic of the player taking a screamer in the forward pocket.

[Insert youtube highlight video here]

Or even better, a video of the draftee having a kick-to-kick with sd26 and Smokeyr67 out the back of the Gold Coast convention centre :)

Make sure you add at the end a picture of some balloons and / or sparklers and / or fireworks and / or bottles of Krug 1928 ... whatever is your style!

Last edited:
what i find un fair is that posters are no longer allowed to post pics of girls in bikinis e.t.c, but this forum is full of half naked pics of afl players..:mad:

There are plenty of other places in the Internet that cater for pics of girls in bikinis.

After seeing the mod edit to the OP - I feel Dave's time is done :-(

Au contrare ... The mod edit to the OP allows Dave to get his welcome thread posted without the pressure of having to get in before others.

Just to clarify - we can't use nudity & hot chicks to promote our individual threads can we?

Re: nudity: correct
Re: hot chicks: only if we draft a hot chick

I claim starting old "welcome" threads we may have missed in the past.

Here's one I never go to do.

"Welcome to Victoria Park Spa legionaires disease & various STD's".

First in best dressed, I don't care who starts the thread. TradeDraft so no one beats you just make a "Welcome to Collingwood pick 5" thread then edit his name in when he is drafted.

Mods said I can't make Thread until it happens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back