List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Rance was falling over himself on social media when we made the FA play for Chaplin. The reason why is that Chaplin helps Rance to do what Rance does best ... it's like spaghetti & meatballs ... they go good together!

I cannot speak for Rance but Rance had every right to speak up to get Chaplin. Chaplin was still better than McGuane as a back man. But that does not mean Chaplin can help us win a final!

With all due respect to Rance, the fact players where so vocal may well highlight the superior option was to wait for draft quality like Lever, Durdin etc...Still you can't blame the players looking at the short term because Rance had even less support on field in defense at the time.

Rance was falling over himself on social media when we made the FA play for Chaplin. The reason why is that Chaplin helps Rance to do what Rance does best ... it's like spaghetti & meatballs ... they go good together!
Chaplin is sub standard and I doubt will again be part of a successful finals GF side. Lever is exactly what we need, a mobile running half back with great aerial and rebounding skills. Allows Vlastuin to play midfield more frequently and as he developes, he'll be able take KP players on and run off them. The kid is a gun and if we overlook him if available, then I believe we've cocked up.

Targeting Trengove in the trade period with a willingness to trade our first round pick might give us an indication as to what the club believes are our needs, Trengove is classy rather than speedy, much alike Ellis, with both being inside players. Does list management think Conca, B Ellis, Grigg etc can satisfy our outside run needs? I for one think Weller should be our priority. Interesting times to say the least!

Strong mail that Garlett is a big chance to go to Richmond.

Garlett is Gilbert McAdam allover again except probably more fine tuned as a mid.

Will be a good player IMO , bit light though, but can't command pick 12 IMO due to other options.

He would be hard to ignore at 33 IMO though!

I get the feeling our interest in Ellis is being overplayed. On the draft preview video on the website they said they were 'hoping 3 or 4 guys' would be there at 12, I reckon we would be keen on Ellis but if someone like Laverde was there at 12 who i'm guessing we would have ranked higher, i don't see why we wouldn't take him. Looking more and more likely that 1 or 2 guys might be there at 12 who we weren't expecting to and i'd imagine we would be happy to snap them up

I get the feeling our interest in Ellis is being overplayed. On the draft preview video on the website they said they were 'hoping 3 or 4 guys' would be there at 12, I reckon we would be keen on Ellis but if someone like Laverde was there at 12 who i'm guessing we would have ranked higher, i don't see why we wouldn't take him. Looking more and more likely that 1 or 2 guys might be there at 12 who we weren't expecting to and i'd imagine we would be happy to snap them up
i have thought all along of the 3-4 players we hope will be there, there's 3 maybes and Ellis is the one that will be and we have done our homework on him as well for the sake of due diligence & therefore we pick Ellis if the preferred players are off the table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cannot speak for Rance but Rance had every right to speak up to get Chaplin. Chaplin was still better than McGuane as a back man. But that does not mean Chaplin can help us win a final!

With all due respect to Rance, the fact players where so vocal may well highlight the superior option was to wait for draft quality like Lever, Durdin etc...Still you can't blame the players looking at the short term because Rance had even less support on field in defense at the time.
Pretty sure that's not what he was thinking ...

Agree but it isn't like they wont be expecting it ... they have a list of names and they cross them off as they go! Short of putting the highlighter through the wrong name I'm pretty sure they'll have any scenario at Pick 12 covered ... did I just jinx them?

Gartlett is certainly a type of player we don't have at the moment. Looks like pure outside speed. Anyone else think we really missed Whitey last year? That said, the first half of Gartlett highlights video (against Vic Metro) were him turning it over.

What his tank like? Would love a younger version of Bradley Hill running around for us?!

Looks like Duggan a real chance for us now

Mccartin
Petracca
Brayshaw
Pickett
De Goey
Goddard
Ahern
Laverde
Moore
Wright
Weller