Opinion 2014 Draft Prospects / Strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't rate Rose but I've seen Fordham a few times and really like him. Also reckon he is one of those Parker type picks- a sneaky accumulator in the TAC Cup who everyone forgets about. Also reckon Brenton Payne and Sam Switkowski fit that bill and are guys I like.

The uebergang link is interesting. Just strikes me as too odd to not be true. Rose for me is basically in my top 5 do not wants for the national draft, if we wanted his type go for Miller-Lewis. I just don't see Rose ever being capable to make the transition. Saying that I couldn't be critical of the club taking a punt on him deep in the rookie draft. Fordham and Gore on the other hand I am huge fans of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jaden McGrath, Mark Pinoett look all but certain to get to us

Would love Caleb Daniel and Josh Glenn as well

I was quite keen on hugh beasely early but his height is a bit worrying for a defender; some have him listed at 192 but more at 190, he doesn't have that elite defensive quality that makes up for his height such as Gibson's spoiling, he does have that speed though and added being able to play both ends of the ground which makes him a very interesting prospect. Hombsch was deemed too small to be a key defender even at 193 although his trait in spoiling diminished this accusation. I wouldn't mind picking hugh up.

Jaden McGrath, Mark Pinoett look all but certain to get to us

Would love Caleb Daniel and Josh Glenn as well

would love to land all 4 of those. would love to land just Pinoett and McGrath. if both are free at our first pick id say we will take Pinoett, cos the crows would surely snap him up with their last. wouldn't surprise me if they take him with their earlier pick just cos of us.

the bigger question would need to be asked if Gore got through to us. he is a beast now with a great kick.

I don't rate Rose but I've seen Fordham a few times and really like him. Also reckon he is one of those Parker type picks- a sneaky accumulator in the TAC Cup who everyone forgets about. Also reckon Brenton Payne and Sam Switkowski fit that bill and are guys I like.

Went and checked Fordham's highlights and can see what you mean. Has a few tricks, nice mover, some pace, good repeat running and a decent size. There's a bit of Nat Fyfe about him (no pressure ;)).

I was quite keen on hugh beasely early but his height is a bit worrying for a defender; some have him listed at 192 but more at 190, he doesn't have that elite defensive quality that makes up for his height such as Gibson's spoiling, he does have that speed though and added being able to play both ends of the ground which makes him a very interesting prospect. Hombsch was deemed too small to be a key defender even at 193 although his trait in spoiling diminished this accusation. I wouldn't mind picking hugh up.

OK you don't want him playing full back but then again Paxman was only 188cm and held down Full back.
Gibson is 189cm, again you don't want him playing full back but he can compete.

Long term we need someone to step into third tall defender as Carlile retires and Hombsch moves to full back. The thing with third tall defenders is they need to be able to cope standing the second small forward if the opposition go with that match up.

I'd be happy to snap up Pittonet if he's available. Reading some phantoms and watching highlights, seems to be the best pure tap ruckman in the draft this year. Would be a nice slider to our first pick

OK you don't want him playing full back but then again Paxman was only 188cm and held down Full back.
Gibson is 189cm, again you don't want him playing full back but he can compete.

Long term we need someone to step into third tall defender as Carlile retires and Hombsch moves to full back. The thing with third tall defenders is they need to be able to cope standing the second small forward if the opposition go with that match up.

Yeah I would back him to play against smalls due to his speed and marking ability. Hopefully the other clubs get scared off by his height.

We've been linked to more vics than sa and wa boys this year.

If Caleb Daniel is available it'd be interesting to see if we picked him. I'd definitely give him a crack. Very small but you just never know, he's very elusive, quick, skillful and has a good leg.

If Caleb Daniel is available it'd be interesting to see if we picked him. I'd definitely give him a crack. Very small but you just never know, he's very elusive, quick, skillful and has a good leg.
Heard Parker say as far as skill and decision making goes caleb is the best his seen, but his size was a problem because it limited what positions he could play.
I'm sure I heard that right if so would suggest it has to be a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back